Forums
April 25, 2024, 11:13 AM

Author Topic: impi's weeny opinion about tus league  (Read 9203 times)

Offline SpideR

Re: impi's weeny opinion about tus league
« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2013, 08:38 PM »
OMG I am very worried about all this money stuff on tus.
I want to win that prize but I got little time to practise and regain skills :P

Most of us are grown up, we have business, job, studies and all life reality upon us, at least on myself but I assume I'm not alone, but I must admit that being here once in while, checking the website and all related is such a pleasure. Who cares about some drama, trolling, nerds on pc... We will still say HAVE FUN at the beginning of every game!!!

Imagine all of this back in 2006-2008, maybe I wouldn't have left the game for so many years.
FB was a house of drama, almost a novel, do you remember?

Thanks a lot MonkeyIsland for such a great website and a peaceful spirit!!
Deadcode & Cybershadow for keeping the game alive and kicking!!!
And SPW for providing an incentive to keep this alternative universe a place of happiness and belonging.

I just hope it will remain such a nice place and that is something we must pursue!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 08:40 PM by SpideR »

Offline Peja

« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2013, 09:16 PM »
here are 350 $. you can either take the money and do me a little favor or i will take my nice money, make a new pro league and hurt tus-wa.com. i really wouldnt like the second option.

seriously wtf?

i know spw is a great guy and he doesnt have any bad intentions with this. and ofc he has a passion for elite so this money is for tel. its just about activating a league but well i have moral concerns when i read such things.

@ avi: for sure it will increase cheating, its just a normal result. we already had people cheating in a just for fun league, what do you expect if you are able to earn 100$ and you are from a poor country and your nick is kaleu xD? joke aside, i guess you get my point.

Offline SPW

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2013, 09:39 PM »
I m not worry about cheating at elite. It would be so obvious since we know all elite players pretty good.

Peja, money means power and you can have everything in the world for money, almost at least. So for me it was just smart to take that offer. And you are right, I just want the best for worms and esp. elite in that case. No interest to hurt tus or anything around.

« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2013, 11:16 PM »
That's not the way to do it SPW :( What admin crew? MI is almost on his own running the league, the only help he get is from DarkOne and maybe darkmaul (?) at the moment. I think it would benefit the league and community more if we helped out in person, rather then push money into it. I doubt MI will even consider that offer

You can hardly accuse SPW of not putting his personal time in doing stuff for WA though :) He gets shit done!
Though I am wondering if he owns a bank in switzerland ;D

Offline SPW

« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2013, 01:21 PM »
Alright, I just say this only one time. I wouldnt do this if I didnt have it. So, no more words about my financial relationship in the future.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 10:54 PM by SPW »

Offline Crazy

« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2013, 03:00 PM »
Well that's true D1, he does get things done! It's nice to see how much you care about elite SPW, and very kind of you donating this amount of money.

Offline Peja

« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2013, 04:17 PM »
Peja, money means power and you can have everything in the world for money, almost at least. So for me it was just smart to take that offer. And you are right, I just want the best for worms and esp. elite in that case. No interest to hurt tus or anything around.

im sure u want the best for elite. but im not sure if your actions are the best for worms. you take away the focus from allround to a specific scheme. roping was alreay left behind in leagues (we have tel/hal = 2 default leagues, and trl which gets voted) so far you still had some kind of main focus on classic league where rope schemes are needed to compete succesfully (in playoffs, not in league, Hi Chelsea). theres a reason why LeBron  James is the king of Basketball and not Roy Hibbert. he is simply the best considering all aspects of the game while Roy is awesome in his specific role.

when i look at wa its only possible to make money with elite, beeing a good allrounder is useless considering the financial aspect. Ofc u want to decide for what u spend your money and its your good right. but dont act like you are not driven by your personal preference. you tried to give me a lecture in capitalism, maybe you will understand all you do is some kind of special government aid to support a specific secture to make it more competetive on the market. so if you really want the best for wa, why do you pay Roy Hibbert more than LBJ?

ps: an active tel is a good thing for tus and its really great you push it. and i really admire what you do for this community, thanks a lot. but i dont think pushing elite instead of the allround league is the best thing for our community.

« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2013, 04:44 PM »
I personally, take this tel season as a test. To see compared to previous season if we got people coming back and more activity. I don't think anyone said about giving up the whole advertisement to get money for the classic league.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2013, 07:59 PM »
For the rope side of things, do the same for TRL this season!  :P

But seriously, if this brings a lot of players to TEL this season, even I might play it/try to get better at elite!

Offline Anubis

« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2013, 11:01 AM »
It's awesome to see Peja saying such things because you know he is actually worried considering that he is not the best at rope yet still sees the greater picture. :)