Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:37 PM

Author Topic: 10th Anniversary  (Read 9143 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

10th Anniversary
« on: October 13, 2018, 04:35 PM »
It's been 10 years since I launched this website. It's amazing to see many old faces still. I want to thank you all for your activity and contributions to this website. We couldn't make it this far without you.

As a celebration, I will put $100 prize on the next season of the league!  (starting in a couple of days)

Stick around!  8)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Mega`Adnan

Re: 10th Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 04:52 PM »
Congrats 🎉
Let's hope to see some interesting changes in the league. 8)

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 05:39 PM »
Congrats MI, there is a lot of question of how archaic the website is lately, about how TUS is outdated.  I've been around too long, as most everyone knows, and TUS is by far the best worms league this game has ever seen.  Not only has it been more successful in terms of players, but the longevity is unmatched.  Many of the leagues have come and gone quickly as their admins have lost interest in the game, but you have stuck around, with the mostly thankless task of the day to day upkeep on the site.  Thanks for all the tournaments and cups and clan games, WA wouldn't be the same at all to me without it.  The heart of any community is organization for events, and the time for this game is long past when there was many worms websites.  This has been almost the sole platform for people to meet and organize for many years.  I'm fully convinced that outside of DC and CS and their updates, no one has left their mark on the worms community more than you, Alborz. 

Thanks for putting up with all us clowns for the last 10 years, we've been a lot to handle at times, I hope for many more years.

Online Sbaffo

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 05:48 PM »
Happy birthday :) :)

Time to take the dust off my kb then! :D

Offline HHC

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 08:01 PM »
hb TUS  :)

nice speech wally, amen tot that

Offline Edoardo Moretti

• Italy Italy
  • Wacky Asperger and creator of War'n'Guns.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 08:33 PM »
Happy Anniversary TUS!! :D

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 09:36 PM »
<3

Offline Sensei

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 10:56 PM »
Been part of TUS for a bit less than 5 years now. Since registering, don't think I had day off when it comes to checking out what new happened around forums/games/shoutbox sections.

Great site, great community. Well done handling all of this MI.
As Wally said, "I hope for many more years!".

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 07:48 AM »
Congrats MI and TuS! See you all tomorrow for new season  :)

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2018, 08:02 AM »
The past few years have been pretty inactive and boring, especially for Clanners, I feel like TUS is a mere shell of what it used to be, when it was brimming with activity, conversations and great projects/ideas.

Regardless it's nice to have a place with an owner that didn't give up and pull the plug.

I won't say it's the best League ever on WA, but definitely the best community that has had it's ups and downs, a place to keep in touch with old friends and see familiar faces, and that's appreciated more than words can portray!

Happy anniversary!

Offline Csongi

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2018, 11:53 AM »
Hb. TUS! It has been a glorious decade.

Thx boss for sticking with us for so long!  :-*
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2018, 12:08 PM »
The in-crowd community here isn't my bag, but TUS has been a great resource for scheme/map/flag/etc. downloads, and since the Team17 forum was closed, the place to be for WA news. Even a non-ideal community is better than no community at all, so thanks for keeping it going. :)

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2018, 07:00 PM »
Why are people making this thread about them

Offline Senator

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 04:19 PM »
Allround season #4 has started and will last for 2 months. Playoff requirement is 30 games. Aerial is now in the Allround & Default leagues.

Prizes for Allround league:
Playoff winner: 80$
Playoff runner-up: 20$

Happy anniversary!

Offline Sensei

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 04:41 PM »
Aerial is now in the Allround & Default leagues.

You guys thought about finally changing to modern scheme, now when Aerial is part of a "big" league.
Bunch of us regular players pointed out that new scheme is suited for leagues better, numerous of times.
Even with bo3, max of 3 games lasts no longer than 30 mins.

Think about it.

EDIT: sudden death and minor weapon changes maybe should not affect your judgment, but having a scheme with random mines in main league definitely should raise some questions.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 05:39 PM by Sensei »