Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:52 AM

Author Topic: Awards  (Read 8113 times)

Awards
« on: July 29, 2017, 03:40 PM »
So the votes are in and plenty of people apparently want to see them return.

Voting has been enabled again, so go on ahead to the voting page and send 'm in!

I've added best worms streamer in the list, because if there's one thing we should be doing more as a community, it's streaming (though I can't deny I wish more people would make worms movies again) and we gotta acknowledge the people that are doing it.

Happy voting!

Offline TheKaren

Re: Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 04:30 PM »
Few categories I feel could be added:

Best map designer - Who do you think makes the best maps? Take into consideration playability as well as design.

Contribution to WA - Who do you think contributes something special to WA? From creating schemes, maps, streaming, website designing, running leagues, those people who take part and help activity.

Best scheme inventor - Who do you think has a talent for making fun and/or successful schemes? Simply could just be someone you think made the best scheme ever...

Special thanks - No need for a winner here, just write out 3 names you'd like to thank just for being a friend or who spent time with you to help you somehow, i'm sure it'd be nice just to see your name mentioned knowing you done something nice for someone and they appreciate it :)

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 04:38 PM »
Sure, I can add those

Also, if people are voting for something that has multiple parts (in the case of one particular vote, WSE in movies), don't forgot to mention which one, because there are several WSE movies.

(Yes, all those words are separate links, and because is 2 links, cause there are more WSE movies then words in that part of the sentence :o )

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 04:39 PM »
Best scheme inventor

obviously me

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 05:06 PM »
DarkOne, please change:

"Contributed the most to the community"

to

"Contribution to WA"

I feel it's not about who contributed the most, it's more about who contributed something special, that could be anything and it entirely depends on whatever people think is special to them.

Sometimes the smallest gesture is the most important, ;)

Thanks for adding though :)

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 06:41 PM »
What awards?

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 08:03 PM »
gl hf boiiz

schemes should be pointing to the database

Offline Ryan

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 07:59 PM »
I've filled in some nominations.
Harder than usual...

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 10:20 PM »
One week left to vote!

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 01:04 PM »
Change of plans! I won't have time to tidy up the votes this weekend, so extending the deadline another week.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2017, 01:09 PM »
Aw!

I wanted to see this before going back to work :D

I was gonna say let's have a video presentation but I guess there isn't enough interested in this to deserve the time :(

Offline nino

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2017, 02:55 PM »
Thats really sad. awards used to be much more popular, same as worms :(

infinites porras for this situation!!!!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Maybe Worms gonna win the award of inactivest game of internet soon
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 12:58 AM »
9th in warmer  :(

Offline Korydex

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2017, 04:52 AM »
But 1st in RR! Also I've voted for you in Warmer with Anubis and saltyk9 :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:53 AM by Korydex »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 05:08 AM »

Lol, don't feel bad blitz got 4th he doesn't even really play warmers, and Asbest got 5th lmao.

The only person I voted for was saltyk9, honestly he's the only person still playing that can still impress me in Warmer like we used to back then...

Not saying there aren't good players, just, the skill level isn't near as good as around 2000-2005 imo.

Anubis looks amazing, but honestly never fully trusted he's legit.

Look at it this way, you got 4 points, which means someone voted for you as 2nd best, and someone voted for you as 3rd best, that's pretty cool, if more people around were active, you'd have done better trust me.

I don't think I deserved 1st in BnG this time, hands down walrus has had an outstanding year in BnG, and his improvement from virtually noob to annihilating everyone, only people i've ever saw do that is myself, and barman, whilst i've only played clanner BnGs...

Also, goom didn't know about these awards, when I told him he was voted 2nd best streamer was cool to see his grateful reaction :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 05:19 AM by TheKomodo »