Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:36 PM

Author Topic: Bringing back WN ranks and registered usernames  (Read 12489 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Bringing back WN ranks and registered usernames
« on: October 30, 2010, 02:53 PM »
Yes you heard right! well this is a solution me and Lookias came up with. with the new wheat snooper you can make sure you won't get faked and wheat shows your true rank.

We are introducing secure logging with The Wheat Snooper, where you type in your TUS account name and TUS account password (or TUS snooper password) and you register into WN:

Wheat asks TUS if the pass is correct and when you login, the users page looks like this:
As you can see DENnis and I are highlighted and our TUS rank is shown. (I'm star in classic league atm)

When you see a user is highlighted, it means he has been using secure logging and you can make sure the name you are seeing is really the guy himself.

What if someone use your TUS account via other snoopers or the game itself?

Say someone fakes me, and use my account as you seen above:  dPxMonkeyIsland
In this case, I go to my TUS profile or by clicking "profile" button in secure logging section:

In TUS profile, I can change my snooper name:

As you can see here, I changed my account to dP`MonkeyIsland   (changed x to `)
The password field above lets you choose password specially for snooper. Some of you may not feel comfortable to type your TUS account password into the snooper, so you can set a special password for the snooper and use that when trying to secure logging.
The rank field will tell snooper which one of your league ranks (Classic, TEL or free) you wanna show in WN.

Ok, back to the problem: I changed my name to dP`MonkeyIsland and now I try login again:

As you can see, my new nickname is highlighted and the fake one is clear.

What if someone type another name in the profile field different from his real account?

Even if someone put another nickname than his, wheat always opens up a tool tip to show you the guy's TUS account name:

As you can see, my WN name is dPxMonkeyIsland, but when holding the mouse on my name, the tooltip is saying my TUS account which is MonkeyIsland.

On the last note, by right-clicking on the user and clicking on "show user info", you can view his TUS profile.

Please download the latest version of wheat here:
http://lookias.worms2d.info/download.php

Please report any bug here. (Or any idea we might have missed)

If you are new to wheat, you might be interested for more info:
http://worms2d.info/The_Wheat_Snooper
http://worms2d.info/The_Wheat_Snooper/Tutorial

« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 08:27 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline angus

Re: Bringing back WN ranks and registered usernames
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 03:09 PM »
woa gj  :)

ps MI: report my nick in angus... thx

Offline Ray

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 03:12 PM »
This is a really good job and nice feature also! TUS makes even WN more secure. ;)

Offline nino

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 03:14 PM »
GJ GUYS. COS KINGS
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline SPW

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 03:18 PM »
Very nice! :)

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 03:20 PM »
GJ !! :D funny ranks :D :D

Offline avirex

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 03:23 PM »
U da man, man... Really good job.. We appreciate eveythin u do MI!  Best league admin to date by far... Sorry kiro :p

Offline nino

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 03:27 PM »
ill be logged 24/7 to prevent some clan mates to use my nick to fool someone else huehueheue
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline DENnis

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 03:58 PM »
Thank you very much Lookias for a lot of work with programming all that in your snooper, your snooper is very nice and really nice of you 2 guys, that you worked together! :D Ty for all who helped, too, like StepS!

+

Offline lalo

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 04:01 PM »
Cool stuff! Although I'd like to show my clan rank, I don't care that much about singles :P.

Offline StepS

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 04:18 PM »
Yeah, the ranks were fully my work, as normal ranks, as tus ranks. :) Also I did some extra-flags like FC Chelsea (for Chelsea) and Scotland (for Komo :D )
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Crazy

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 04:33 PM »
Wow! Really really awesome ;D Damn good job and an awesome idea, +1 for you guys till I die

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 04:38 PM »
Obviously a great job, is this mandatory though?

Offline Chelsea

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 04:42 PM »
Yeah, the ranks were fully my work, as normal ranks, as tus ranks. :) Also I did some extra-flags like FC Chelsea (for Chelsea) and Scotland (for Komo :D )

realy big thx !!!!!!! ;**************

+1 :D

Offline Mo0k

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 04:44 PM »
Never tought i would see ranks again. Great job guys ;)
Retired Worm Addict - 1999 -2009/10
Clans:
LoR(wwp)
UNI(wwp)
n00b(wwp)
xCx(wa)
CKC(wa)
SiX(wa)
Di(wa)
NBR(wa)
cT(wa)
b0R(wa)