Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:45 PM

Author Topic: Classic Season #32 goes experimental!  (Read 21198 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Classic Season #32 goes experimental!
« on: March 14, 2013, 02:53 PM »
There are some scheme modifications that looks promising. I'm gonna give them a real chance to see if they pass their final test. This modifications are applied to the next Classic league season (32). After that, if there were no damages, we'll be keeping those.

Note that this isn't the final batch, I'll be updating this first post if some changes are suggested in mean time. So please check this topic more frequently until season #32 starts.
Changes in RED are permanent and NOT experimental.
Also these changes are the default settings, meaning upon disagreement these settings must be played. If 2 players like to play the old way, then can.

BnG:
- Infinite Teleport
- Infinite Shotgun
- Activating /ts. (teststuff) It will remove full power shots.
- One girder, no usage restrictions
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-992/

Elite, Team17:
Rope knocking allowed.

Roper:
- 2 worms per team.
- Higher fall damage.
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-993/

Hysteria:
- 5 second SD.
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-987/

TTRR:
- 5 worms per team.

Shopper:
https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-488/

WxW:
We'll be trying a weapon-crate-free scheme. like this one.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 01:20 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Re: Classic Season #32 goes experimental!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 02:58 PM »
Roper has changed so drastically, maybe create a new overall rating for it?

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 03:08 PM »
I don't agree with a lot of them  :(

In elite and t17 the rope is too powerful this way imo. It's nearly impossible to get a hide where you cant get pwned nemore  :( These are default games, you're supposed to kill mostly on foot  :(

Roper is kinda confusing with 2 worms. I also dont like the current schemes which forces SD already after 20 mins. Roper is supposed to be played with crates :x In only super long games the SD should be used to finally cut down on HP.
Which brings me to wxw without weaps crates, which makes it SD-roping as well.
And then there's 5 worms TTRR.. almost impossible not to finish now. I know this is nice for the awesome ropers, but there's no chance to beat them nemore now for not so good players, and the PLOP factor is pretty much out of the equation now.

Especially wxw seems like a totally dumb shit game now. Might as well kick it out and replace it with roper, which is IMO a lot more tactical and not just silly wall to wall roping.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 03:25 PM »
1.elite with knocking is a joke
2. 5 worms on ttrr? Let me guess, some "pro" suggested this after loosing to a newcomer because he couldnt manage to finish a map with 3 attempts?
3. roper with 2 worms.. thanks but no
damn I imagine classic season 42 with 32 worms on ttrr, 16 worms on roper, pistol and prod on wxw, hmm hyst starts with SD on and bng with a list of rules higher then a2b xD

Honestly bng changes seems nice to me, however everything other pushes me out of playing this

Offline Hussar

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 03:28 PM »
YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!

For all sceptics - ur crying is unnecessary since this is an experiment, we just will see after this seazon how many ppl will aprouve those changes and how many not !  8)

i love all changes.

Especially wxw seems like a totally dumb shit game now. Might as well kick it out and replace it with roper, which is IMO a lot more tactical and not just silly wall to wall roping.

HHC mate, belive me i love wxw almost the most and i like this change the most !!!

if u playing wxw on easy maps like some ppl do, u winning only if u get more powerfull crates then ur opponent,

Ano's sheme just eliminating luck in wxw , just like Desetroyah's sheme !!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:45 PM by Berria »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 03:39 PM »
MI, TS doesn't remove full power shots, it only makes them harder to achieve, when the power reaches 100% it starts moving back down towards 0, once it reaches 0, it explodes in your face if you don't let go.

I am really looking forward to this, great choices :)

I agree with HHC about T17/Elite, and TTRR he has a good point about it being harder to beat the good players but, I guess if you wanna beat the good players you should focus on TTRR and become as good as them, I don't think this is an excuse, it's your responsibility to get as good as you can at a scheme if you care too much about it, and I think 5 worms is a nice idea.

With Roper, can you elaborate on the specific changes? HP/Crates/Etc, so we don't have to read the scheme and figure it out ourselves.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:42 PM by Komito »

Offline Prankster

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 03:45 PM »
Wow, some changes sounds really cool!

TS in BnG (removing some rules would be even better tho), Roper changes.. I hppe someone gonna send in a new shopper scheme because the current one is the most unbalanced scheme in Classic league.
On the other hand, I'm not sure if rope knocking is a good choice, especially in T17.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 03:49 PM »
u got only one rope in t17, come on ppl !

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 03:51 PM »
Id like to see 4 worms on ttrr, why 5? why not 18? Who suggest this lol

Offline Uzurpator

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 03:52 PM »
wow,5 worms in ttrr,now i can finish one maybe,btw claneers must be 10 vs 10?
knock in elite and t17?hmm lets see,sounds interestinng xD

03:08: surgeonb2b`ckc> eh Uzur ur my nightmare

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 03:55 PM »
I'm not sure about 5 sec SD in hysteria, but sounds experimental  :) We'll see. For funner games it's better to stay with 10 sec. In tus games players are more skilled, they don't lose their turns accidently, so 5 sec should be fine i think

Offline HHC

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 04:04 PM »
Id like to see 4 worms on ttrr, why 5? why not 18? Who suggest this lol

I can live with 4 too. 5 is too much IMO, like I said, it completely removes the aspect of trying-not-to-plop.

@Komo, I think it matters though. It's not in the interest of a league that the best player ALWAYS wins. There should be real competition, close games and all that, and not players totally butchering other players who are merely 1% weaker. If you let both players 10-12 worms in TTRR, then what's the point of a noob (like me ;)) playing vs the top guys nemore? I would just give the other guy a free win and get on with my life lol.

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 04:11 PM »
I guess this topic is not for complaints. 2 months for a good experiment worth a try.

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Husk

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 04:13 PM »
guys stop to crying about knocking in elite and t17... it's only for 1 season

in season 24 it's all good for u again =)

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 04:27 PM »
Shopper   https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-488/

And where is the download link for the new Roper and Hyst scheme?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 04:29 PM by Kaleu »
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓