Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:53 PM

Author Topic: Scheme updates  (Read 10169 times)

Offline Korydex

Re: Scheme updates
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 09:11 AM »
sinking bng and roper are actually pretty fun

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2017, 11:16 AM »
Yeah, don't trust me much, I've been inactive for quite a long time, busy  ;)

No matter the round time untill SD, I think it's reasonable that it should be set experimentally to confirm to the real playing time (20 min for most schemes). So, in order for Aerial with 5 sec per turn run for 20 min of gameplay (on average), the SD time should be around 3-4 minutes.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 12:56 PM »
If sudden death were to ever make any sense, all players would die instantly...

Offline Kradie

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 02:08 PM »
If sudden death were to ever make any sense, all players would die instantly...
It is apparent based on this, that you Komodo do not approve of Sudden Death at all. Like it has no place in Worms Armageddon.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2017, 03:30 PM »
Of course not lol, just pointing out that the phrase sudden death doesn't do what it says on the tin ;)

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 04:22 PM »
BnG
- "Stay on your half of the map" replaces the minimum distance rule

Well, I think it would be better, stay on your side and if u are near other side, then apply distance rule ( 4 grenade holes, isnt? ).
Btw, you can explain a bit why you changed this rule, ty.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 04:30 PM »
Maybe "stay on your QUARTER of the map"? First and last vertical quarters i mean.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2017, 05:15 PM »
Maybe stay on the 667 / 1523 of the map?

Offline Senator

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2017, 05:16 PM »
BnG

Well, I think it would be better, stay on your side and if u are near other side, then apply distance rule ( 4 grenade holes, isnt? ).

With the old rule you could tele in the middle and leave the opponent only a small area.

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2017, 05:46 PM »
BnG

With the old rule you could tele in the middle and leave the opponent only a small area.
Maybe i understand it in a bad way, I though with this rule you can do that exactly, then its an advantage to team/player who start 1st.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 07:56 PM »
In 2v2, there are some players who have a habit of teleporting right up at the middle of the map when both your players are further back, this means you are unable to even use your half of the map, it's obviously not fair.

This rule is the best solution to that, yes we understand some people won't like that and think mini-bng is lame, but the truth is gives you more options and tactics to use in BnG making it more fun if you actually enjoy BnG and don't get stuck up about who thinks what's lame...

I think i'll enjoy it, if 2 people wanna hide close to each other, let them lol, maybe against all odds they just want romance...

Offline Senator

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2017, 09:14 AM »
Watched some Aerial replays. Seems like SD is the rule rather than the exception with 1 min round time. Shouldn't it be the other way around?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 09:17 AM by Senator »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2017, 10:52 PM »
Made change to Big RR scheme and tele is still there?
Would really like to hear which ppl here want tele in that scheme. Especially their explanation why.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2017, 10:44 AM »
Made change to Big RR scheme and tele is still there?
Would really like to hear which ppl here want tele in that scheme. Especially their explanation why.

doesnt it shorten fixing mistele at start if cant find start on bad maps?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2017, 11:05 AM »
doesnt it shorten fixing mistele at start if cant find start on bad maps?

It does. But isn't it easier to rehost than to play the whole game while tele is trolling you on f8, which is the key where both weapons for RR are situated (rope and chute).

Anyway, people that can't find start are often the ones with IQ of a room temperature. Maybe just avoid those ;)