Forums
April 19, 2024, 03:08 PM

Author Topic: TRL Team17 league started!  (Read 7339 times)

Offline Chicken23

Re: TRL Team17 league started!
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2022, 12:16 AM »
it's a good question. Maybe highest seed player can host so they get a slight advantage of map preference?

Also I think we need like bo5 in playoffs first rounds, bo7 in final!

lastly, can we have a permeant Island T17 ladder? :D

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2022, 12:25 AM »
lastly, can we have a permeant Island T17 ladder? :D

I'd dig this.

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2022, 11:11 PM »
is it allowed to pick 4 walled traditional intermediate cave map, for the cave matches? or only the usual 2 levels t17 maps are ok? :/

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2022, 04:22 PM »
you can try on any cave map I guess

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2022, 04:24 PM »
MonkeyIsland - could we have a permeant Island Team17 only ladder (no caves?) - there has been a lot of activity for TRL this season and majority of games are all played on Island, its likely to have 8 players for POs.

Next season could we have a Island Only t17 ladder with playoffs? I think there is enough activity and second to ONL and inter scheme :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2022, 08:02 PM »
We'll have another TRL with Team17 scheme.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2022, 09:56 PM »
and can you confirm island only!? :D

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2022, 10:00 PM »
and no ladder for team17 included in the profile stats? :c

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2022, 04:51 PM »
and no ladder for team17 included in the profile stats? :c

what do you mean by this?

Offline Lupastic

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2022, 05:49 PM »
what do you mean by this?

like TEL

Offline SIBASA

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2022, 01:36 PM »
As I understand it, the new season has started, everything remains the same or will there be any changes? (for example, above was an offer only an island)

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2022, 05:59 PM »
I'd be up for making TRL season 30 island maps only.

Mainly because it simplifies things like playoffs, where for season 29, we'll now have to figure out what maps to play on before each match... but it also just makes it easier to compare ratings and other statistics between players, without first having to figure out what % of their rounds were not played on islands.

More personally though, I just don't think cavern T17 is anywhere near as interesting or varied as complex island map T17, making it both a worse representation of general skill at the whole of Worms, but also kinda boring and repetitive. I fear that if I had to play 1 island, 1 cave against all of my opponents, I'd lose most of the motivation to take part in a single scheme ladder (where half the time, I risk being stuck in a situation where I just want the round to be over asap, even though that's bad tactically). In an all-around league that supports 10+ different schemes however, I wouldn't mind playing it on cavern maps if that's what my opponent wanted to pick. Variety there would come from all the other schemes we could pick!