Forums
April 23, 2024, 11:59 AM

Author Topic: W:A v3.7.2 Released  (Read 27213 times)

Offline LeTotalKiller

Re: W:A v3.7.2 Released
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 11:33 PM »
Great work. :)

Offline Maciej

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 11:36 PM »
Incredible you still work on this old game and improve it, good job!

Offline franz

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 11:40 PM »
I don't have steam franz...  :(
I'm so angry, I lost all my maps teams and stuff....

Definitely recommend keeping a backup of stuff that's important to you, even WA stuffs.  Still, bl man :(

Offline avirex

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 11:40 PM »
shhhhhhh!! dont let them know its old! they may stop working on it!!

cs, dc... why dont you guys every play w:a??? or hardly ever... i very rarely see either of you in AG!! you guys should stop by sometime, enjoy some of your wonderful work!

Offline Casso

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 11:43 PM »
Great work Guys ! Keep it up :)

Let's wait that someone update Rubberworm and his modules

Offline Rogi

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2013, 12:32 AM »
OMFG. I installed it and my home has been destroyed automatically, my brother dead. DDDD:

Gj.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline Deadcode

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2013, 04:36 AM »
Omg, this update comes full of bugs, don't install it, deleted my "User" folder automatically, wtf.
Your "User" folder can't be deleted if all you did was run our W:A v3.7.2.1 installer. It doesn't do anything like that (and I'm pretty sure the Steam update doesn't either — at most it'll overwrite the WG.WGT team file, but maybe it doesn't even do that anymore).

Maybe you had a virtualized copy of the User folder that is still present but not being pointed to anymore. Windows 7 and later do this if you don't have write access to the folder in which you installed Worms Armageddon.

Try looking in "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Worms Armageddon".

since I install this new update,  people cant join in my host :s
Maybe you have to tell your firewall to unblock the new WA.exe.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:49 AM by Deadcode »

Offline Deadcode

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2013, 05:10 AM »
That's probably because he didn't drag WormNAT2's files into his WA folder.
But why would he have a different WA folder? The installer defaults to installing into the folder WA is already installed into, and WormNAT2 would already be there, if he was using it before.

However, if he uses WormNAT2, he should make sure WormKit module loading is enabled in the Advanced Options menu.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:12 AM by Deadcode »

Offline StepS

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2013, 09:06 AM »
Although, any news about wkReplayShark and wkRubberWorm? Or wkKeyRemap? :)
they will be updated soon.
wkKeyRemap is updated but I won't release it until we find a way to block keys. and by recent tests, this seems impossible because we cannot find a keystate function in WA. we only rely on WA code (yes, it's sort of a "native" remap...), and if it doesn't support it, then sorry.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 09:08 AM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline sHaDoWMaN

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2013, 04:39 PM »
Awesome!. Waiting for the rubber ;D

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2013, 07:49 PM »
Omg, this update comes full of bugs, don't install it, deleted my "User" folder automatically, wtf.
Your "User" folder can't be deleted if all you did was run our W:A v3.7.2.1 installer. It doesn't do anything like that (and I'm pretty sure the Steam update doesn't either — at most it'll overwrite the WG.WGT team file, but maybe it doesn't even do that anymore).

Maybe you had a virtualized copy of the User folder that is still present but not being pointed to anymore. Windows 7 and later do this if you don't have write access to the folder in which you installed Worms Armageddon.

Try looking in "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Worms Armageddon".

since I install this new update,  people cant join in my host :s
Maybe you have to tell your firewall to unblock the new WA.exe.

Sorry but it does deleted my folder, and my folder is not located in such directory.
Anyways, I already reinstalled my game, thanks for the update.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline DENnis

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 08:08 PM »
Hey Steps or other guys with effort, please tell us when the important dlls will work again:

• ReplayShark! (I'm looking forward to see ShowCase 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 , 9, n :D)
  • Kickmodul (As a host of skillschemes or just schemes with rules it is necessary, because I'm too lazy to ask everybody if he knows the rules)
  • Rubberworm (Yes I love big shopper games and it helps a lot if u use cratefinder, then I only have to search the worms which can take too much time alrdy, many times I just do other things while waiting for my turns)
  • Rehost (Which has to be renamed to Reopen.dll - otherwise u would have to waste time with searching and load the big map and special scheme again if people rage quitted.)

Edit: Ah I just read that there are a lot of fixes already again, very good job!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 08:13 PM by DENnis »

Offline Deadcode

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2013, 08:14 PM »
Sorry but it does deleted my folder, and my folder is not located in such directory.
Anyways, I already reinstalled my game, thanks for the update.
Your "User" folder has to still exist, somewhere, it just has to... I don't see any way it could have been deleted.

Did you search everything under "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore"?

Could you be more specific about which User folder was lost? Was it "C:\Team17\Worms Armageddon\User" that was seemingly deleted?
Did the User folder itself vanish, or did the contents (subfolders) of "User" disappear but "User" itself stayed?

If you search your entire hard drive for *.WAgame or *.WSC or *.BIT do your previous replays or schemes or maps show up?

If the "User" folder really did disappear... have you tried running "chkdsk C:"?

Did you, um... did you check you Recycle Bin?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 08:27 PM by Deadcode »

Offline AlTarf

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 08:21 PM »
no you weren't. and please pay more attention when reading because I was clear enough
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 05:08 PM by AlTarf »

Offline Deadcode

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2013, 08:26 PM »
That's probably because he didn't drag WormNAT2's files into his WA folder.
But why would he have a different WA folder? The installer defaults to installing into the folder WA is already installed into, and WormNAT2 would already be there, if he was using it before.

However, if he uses WormNAT2, he should make sure WormKit module loading is enabled in the Advanced Options menu.
Actually I was talking about Wolfgang's issue, my bad though, should've been more specific. :)
I was also talking about Wolfgang's issue.