Forums > Announcements

WormNET Service Updates

(1/13) > >>

CyberShadow:
Some updates due to the recent jump in activity:

* HostingBuddy now sends replies from a rotation of nicks to avoid server flood limits
* Fixed a crash in the WormNAT2 server
* Changed how the rank/flag is obtained from WormNET, to better work during very high WormNET activity
* GOG versions are no longer detected as a snooper
* Fixed being able to reopen games after HostingBuddy is restarted, which would lead to erratic behavior (games randomly closing and "wrong game ID" errors)
* HostingBuddy and friends will occasionally remind people about some alternatives to !kick (!close and !phost)
* Allow old URLs (as obtained with /url) to work after a !reopen
* Fix WebSnooper history getting erased due to the new rank/flag query mechanism
* Fix encoding of non-English characters in some places
* Add Host button on WebSnooper
* Many internal fixesThe new host button is a little experimental. (If you want to mess around with it, I recommend using the staging server.)

As usual, post here if you notice any problems.

Kaleu:
Thanks.. COVID 19 helping worms activity, who wouldve think of that  :D

Kradie:
Nice, thank you. Keep it going :)

SigmaTel71:

--- Quote from: CyberShadow on March 22, 2020, 08:41 PM ---The new host button is a little experimental. (If you want to mess around with it, I recommend using the staging server.)

As usual, post here if you notice any problems.

--- End quote ---
It tells me that I can't connect to the server, at least inside the game.
[attachment=1]

CyberShadow:
Sorry, I keep forgetting that you need 3.8 to connect to the staging server with the game itself. But hosting and joining games on the WebSnooper instance there should work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version