Forums > Announcements

Worms Armageddon 3.8.0 changelog sneak peek

<< < (28/34) > >>

Ytrojan:

--- Quote from: WTF-8 on October 04, 2019, 10:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: Sir-J on October 02, 2019, 09:32 PM ---Was there really a demand for big and colored maps back in the day?
--- End quote ---
Was there a demand for electricity back in stone age?

--- Quote from: Sir-J on October 02, 2019, 09:32 PM ---This feature is the reason why modern worms era is so bad. Everyone plays on big maps instead of tight ones. I hate big rr, tower rr, trick race and other noob schemes that were made because of that feature.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Sensei on August 03, 2019, 05:23 AM ---We shouldn't promote drug use on TUS.
Do it in safety of your home guys, stop sharing opinions with others when you're high.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Sir-J on October 02, 2019, 09:32 PM ---there were leagues before replays
--- End quote ---
Were they any good? Usability, cheat-proofing etc

--- Quote from: Sir-J on October 02, 2019, 09:32 PM ---built-in ranks which allowed to play ranked games within the game. They could bring it back
--- End quote ---
How long would it last before getting hackered again?

--- Quote from: Sir-J on October 02, 2019, 09:32 PM ---Why not implement wkWormNAT into the game
--- End quote ---
It currently depends on a community server, what if it goes down? If everyone was to start using it, would the server go fine with this extra load?
Remaking all of this into an official feature with proper support would be great yeah.

--- Quote from: Sir-J on October 03, 2019, 12:05 PM ---As for cheaters, some kind of anti-cheating software could be developed. Just like it's done in counter-strike and other games.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: CyberShadow on April 05, 2012, 10:41 PM ---While some kinds of cheats can be avoided by restructuring the game logic, others aren't really avoidable - such as macros or aimbots. One exception to this are anti-cheat modules, such as GameGuard and Valve Anti-Cheat. We really don't want to go in this direction, since such software usually intrudes on players' privacy and is expensive (in terms of resources) to develop and maintain.
[...]
Blocking WormKit-like software is impossible, short of going the GameGuard-like rootkit-spyware route.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Sir-J on October 03, 2019, 12:05 PM ---it's hard to find ttrr players anymore because everyone plays big rr instead.
--- End quote ---
Just play tight Big RR maps then.
Doubt TTRR's player count would increase much even if Big RR was suddenly gone forever. I wouldn't want to train for months, find a good keyboard and find a worthy opponent who did the same, all just to have a good game.
--- Quote from: Husk on April 17, 2017, 06:31 PM ---I guess bigrr is like billiards and ttrr is like snooker...

billiards is more accesible for most, while snooker requires more precise control
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: TheKomodo on October 03, 2019, 11:49 AM ---Without replays, unfortunately you can't trust everyone to play fairly :/
--- End quote ---
*shrugs* I can't trust everyone to play fairly even with replays.

--- End quote ---
1. I think the Stone Age didn't even know what "electric" even MEANT!
2. Drugs are bad, M'Kay.
3. Not to mention, all of the lost history because the matches never got recorded.
4. I think a wrestling-like "belt" system might be good, since I bet that wouldn't be hacked anytime soon. If a player hasn't played in 6 months, vacate the title.
5. We can last one more version with separate WormNAT, it won't be the end of the world. Besides, adding WormNAT would only delay this version FURTHER.
6. Or worse: DENUVO!
7. Plus, noobs (and noobs at heart, like I am.) HATE timed matches.
8. On top of that, Replays are the reason we can look at many players today. The matches we played before the replays are like the Early history of TV: Nothing got recorded, so there's LITERALLY nothing to watch because nothing even EXISTS these days. Even now, replays are the KEY to the preservation of the history of this game.

Korydex:

--- Quote from: Ytrojan on October 14, 2019, 07:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: WTF-8 on October 04, 2019, 10:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: Sir-J on October 02, 2019, 09:32 PM ---Was there really a demand for big and colored maps back in the day?
--- End quote ---
Was there a demand for electricity back in stone age?

--- Quote from: Sir-J on October 02, 2019, 09:32 PM ---This feature is the reason why modern worms era is so bad. Everyone plays on big maps instead of tight ones. I hate big rr, tower rr, trick race and other noob schemes that were made because of that feature.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Sensei on August 03, 2019, 05:23 AM ---We shouldn't promote drug use on TUS.
Do it in safety of your home guys, stop sharing opinions with others when you're high.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Sir-J on October 02, 2019, 09:32 PM ---there were leagues before replays
--- End quote ---
Were they any good? Usability, cheat-proofing etc

--- Quote from: Sir-J on October 02, 2019, 09:32 PM ---built-in ranks which allowed to play ranked games within the game. They could bring it back
--- End quote ---
How long would it last before getting hackered again?

--- Quote from: Sir-J on October 02, 2019, 09:32 PM ---Why not implement wkWormNAT into the game
--- End quote ---
It currently depends on a community server, what if it goes down? If everyone was to start using it, would the server go fine with this extra load?
Remaking all of this into an official feature with proper support would be great yeah.

--- Quote from: Sir-J on October 03, 2019, 12:05 PM ---As for cheaters, some kind of anti-cheating software could be developed. Just like it's done in counter-strike and other games.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: CyberShadow on April 05, 2012, 10:41 PM ---While some kinds of cheats can be avoided by restructuring the game logic, others aren't really avoidable - such as macros or aimbots. One exception to this are anti-cheat modules, such as GameGuard and Valve Anti-Cheat. We really don't want to go in this direction, since such software usually intrudes on players' privacy and is expensive (in terms of resources) to develop and maintain.
[...]
Blocking WormKit-like software is impossible, short of going the GameGuard-like rootkit-spyware route.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Sir-J on October 03, 2019, 12:05 PM ---it's hard to find ttrr players anymore because everyone plays big rr instead.
--- End quote ---
Just play tight Big RR maps then.
Doubt TTRR's player count would increase much even if Big RR was suddenly gone forever. I wouldn't want to train for months, find a good keyboard and find a worthy opponent who did the same, all just to have a good game.
--- Quote from: Husk on April 17, 2017, 06:31 PM ---I guess bigrr is like billiards and ttrr is like snooker...

billiards is more accesible for most, while snooker requires more precise control
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: TheKomodo on October 03, 2019, 11:49 AM ---Without replays, unfortunately you can't trust everyone to play fairly :/
--- End quote ---
*shrugs* I can't trust everyone to play fairly even with replays.

--- End quote ---
1. I think the Stone Age didn't even know what "electric" even MEANT!
2. Drugs are bad, M'Kay.
3. Not to mention, all of the lost history because the matches never got recorded.
4. I think a wrestling-like "belt" system might be good, since I bet that wouldn't be hacked anytime soon. If a player hasn't played in 6 months, vacate the title.
5. We can last one more version with separate WormNAT, it won't be the end of the world. Besides, adding WormNAT would only delay this version FURTHER.
6. Or worse: DENUVO!
7. Plus, noobs (and noobs at heart, like I am.) HATE timed matches.
8. On top of that, Replays are the reason we can look at many players today. The matches we played before the replays are like the Early history of TV: Nothing got recorded, so there's LITERALLY nothing to watch because nothing even EXISTS these days. Even now, replays are the KEY to the preservation of the history of this game.

--- End quote ---
you're on crack

j0e:
Any news?

Godmax:
1 year passed they are shitting on us. Not that we need 3.8 ofc

Talon79:
You payd them? or they work for anyone of us?
Respect for who still working on this project and try give to the comunity something to waiting for.

I just hope that there will be a chance to have a Project X (or similar) option for modding the game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version