Forums > Announcements

Worms Armageddon 3.8.0 changelog sneak peek

<< < (30/34) > >>

j0e:
Another month has passed.. any news about 3.8?

Idaho:

--- Quote from: j0e on February 23, 2020, 07:45 PM ---Another month has passed.. any news about 3.8?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, sadly, there's still nothing and we're kept in the dark, I believe the problem is on the Team17 side...
It has been more than a year now since the announcement, something is obviously wrong somewhere but yeah, no infos, we can only speculate here and hope that this thread will get some update soon enough...

Kradie:

--- Quote from: CyberShadow on February 29, 2020, 12:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: Kradie on February 28, 2020, 11:04 PM ---They are after all in low quality of 112 colors.
--- End quote ---
This is a temporary technical limitation of the current versions!

--- End quote ---

https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/worms-armageddon/wmdbs-licensing-problem-any-lawyers-in-the-house-32646/

According to CS posts, wmbd will be integrated into WA. He suggest the coppyright issue to be fixed sooner than later. I think this can take up to a year to be fixed. In other words, 3.8 development is still active in development.

ohms:

--- Quote from: Kradie ---wmbd will be integrated into WA.
--- End quote ---

So you will be able to search WA maps from within the game?
Why from wmdb though?  All my maps are on tus-wa only.   :-[

skunk3:
I want absolutely nothing to delay 3.8 or any other update. Get Windows or any other proper OS.

There are posts going back several *YEARS* talking about this shit. I'm a patient guy but by this point the situation is comical and depressing at the same time.

I don't even care about a big 3.8 release per se... just release incremental updates, like a 3.7.xxx whatever. Add little fixes and features whenever they are ready. There's no need to stockpile it all and make a huge update. At this point ANY update would re-ignite my faith that something can and will happen, even if it was to address minor bugs or backend stuff. I feel like a donkey who has had a carrot dangled in front of them to goad it into working until it died. Metaphorically speaking. I mean yeah, the game is perfectly playable as it is and it wouldn't be the end of the world if no update ever came out, but as I said before, I'd rather just know for sure that nothing is going to happen so I stop thinking about it and wishing for it.

It also really pisses me off that there's a relatively small circle of people who are 'in the know' regarding all of this stuff and everyone else is kept in the dark. This game is old and has a small, tight, yet fairly inactive community so absolutely NOTHING should be 'hush-hush.' Everything should be transparent and up-to-date because otherwise why bother working to enhance / maintain a dying game?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version