Forums
August 11, 2020, 06:46 PM

Author Topic: Worms Armageddon 3.8.0 changelog sneak peek  (Read 19968 times)

Offline raffie

Re: Worms Armageddon 3.8.0 changelog sneak peek
« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2020, 02:04 PM »
I don't even care about a big 3.8 release per se... just release incremental updates, like a 3.7.xxx whatever. Add little fixes and features whenever they are ready. There's no need to stockpile it all and make a huge update

Sorry but that's a bad idea IMO, it would divide the community into different WA versions because this would basically make it impossible for developers to keep their modules up-to-date with every little WA update. Lots of people play RubberWorm games and others also still play PX games, this is already a big mess with PX being stuck with 3.6.31.0, Rubberworm at 3.7.2.1 while the Steam version being on 3.7.2.2 and using RubberWorm with people on different WA versions in some cases drop from the game. I am using these 2 modules as examples but there are many other WK modules that are WA version dependent.

ps: I'm curious does OpenGL renderer mean 24-bit maps can be used in 3.8 or does that have nothing to do with it?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 03:02 PM by raffie »

Offline DENnis

« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2020, 02:47 PM »
Hello programmer-friends!

Thank yo very much for all your work and testing!

If possible, please add RubberWorm and its important add ons like

More WormKit modules: https://worms2d.info/WormKit (sadly some files there are not working, like ReplayShark and wkIndiMask (Another version of wkIndiMask.dll: https://www.tus-wa.com/files/file-1759/)

Thank you very much for everybody who is helping and testing!

So nice that Worms Armageddon is still active!

Have a nice day friends!  :-*

Offline Sensei

« Reply #167 on: June 01, 2020, 11:52 PM »
You have permission to be hyped.
Collection of twitch interviews, league clanners and CWT matches.

Click to join Worms Armageddon community on Discord Server!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #168 on: June 02, 2020, 12:17 AM »
You have permission to be hyped.

Remember when I said 1-2 months ago on shoutbox something along the lines of something good will happen soon, this is exactly what I meant... I was starting to think my source was wrong, but glad to see it's finally happening.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #169 on: June 02, 2020, 07:07 AM »
Remember when I said 1-2 months ago on shoutbox something along the lines of something good will happen soon, this is exactly what I meant... I was starting to think my source was wrong, but glad to see it's finally happening.
Did you lose hope or something? It was always supposed to happen.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 07:18 AM by Kradie »
Hated by the masses, please feed me your hatred you have against me by spiting me 9000 times! Only then you can complete your journey to the darkside! Only your hatred can defeat me.

[img width=

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #170 on: June 02, 2020, 01:43 PM »
How long does Team17 usually take to approve an update?

« Reply #171 on: June 02, 2020, 02:50 PM »
Quite simply, we don't know. While in years gone by it would tend only to take a few days, we have no idea how much Team17's processes and practices have changed in the last 7 years. It's quite possible they will want to give this update a much more thorough going over, and they are completely within their rights to do so, as it's their reputation on the line if this update breaks people's games.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #172 on: June 02, 2020, 09:54 PM »
as it's their reputation on the line

I'm sorry, I was completely unaware they still had a rep, was pretty sure they sunk that battleship many years ago.

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2020, 12:37 AM »
Yeah, releasing games full of bugs and never bothering to fix most of them doesn't sound like they care about their reputation too much.

Although keep in mind that without Team17's permission there wouldn't have been any updates for WA, ever!

« Reply #174 on: June 09, 2020, 12:31 AM »
First off. DeadCode and CyberShadow.

Thank you! Ever since hearing of this update I have been insanely really excited. Hoping the update helps bring more players back to WA as I fear with it dwindling that it may one day disappear.

Do you know are we looking at it being more likely in the next month, 3 months, 6 months, or a year?

Offline ohms

« Reply #175 on: June 12, 2020, 01:23 PM »
Yeah, releasing games full of bugs and never bothering to fix most of them doesn't sound like they care about their reputation too much.

In the last few years Team17 have become quite a successful publisher of indie games (Overcooked, The Escapists, etc), on all platforms. No small feat for a small indie dev like them; one of the last in the UK. .

Offline Idaho

« Reply #176 on: June 19, 2020, 09:17 AM »

In the last few years Team17 have become quite a successful publisher of indie games (Overcooked, The Escapists, etc), on all platforms. No small feat for a small indie dev like them; one of the last in the UK. .

Team17 has always been a game publisher for indie games, they just happened to have bought the Worms license and employ the guy who made it in the first place...

Anyhow, wonder when 3.8 will come out, should not be long now, hopefully, it'll be here before WW3 and the collapse of society so I can play it in my bunker...

Offline readyworm

« Reply #177 on: July 05, 2020, 08:32 PM »
Just wondering if it's possible to add water colour as an option for a map - I know the water can be changed in-game with the /h2so4 command so hopefully easy to do?

Also, would it be possible to have the option for quitter's worms to be removed from the game (teleport out?)

Great work BTW! Really looking forward to the 3.8 update!