Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:24 PM

Author Topic: Worms Armageddon 3.8.0 changelog sneak peek  (Read 43735 times)

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• United States United States
  • A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
Re: Worms Armageddon 3.8.0 changelog sneak peek
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2019, 03:37 PM »
Another suggestion, change the "NASA Award" to "SpaceX Award".
That can already be done if you edit the English.txt file.
Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2019, 01:45 AM »
WWP was ported to Steam a couple years back with the promise of updates which amounted to nothing so interest in it didn't last (like every other Worms game they release) but there are still some cool features in it like the interface for extra game options you can add (extra long ropes, extra explosive explosives, and the like).
More scheme features, like long ropes, will eventually be added.

Just wondering, is the windowed mode for the frontend the same as d3d9wnd, or can we finally drag the window around with normal window controls?
Spoiler! View

Wow!! The new window mode looks so awesome. Great work everyone making that happen.

Offline Stuka

« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2019, 02:06 AM »
what will be the date of its launch? will it be for steam??  ???

Offline fraees

« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2019, 01:49 PM »
what will be the date of its launch?
I second that. As there's already a more-or-less exact changelog and the release is almost done, the devs are able to predict when it'll be 100% ready and published, aren't they?

Offline Plutonic

« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2019, 02:26 PM »
what will be the date of its launch?
I second that. As there's already a more-or-less exact changelog and the release is almost done, the devs are able to predict when it'll be 100% ready and published, aren't they?

Nope, development doesn't work like that. Any dev that says "it will definitely be done by X" is asking for trouble.

Offline fraees

« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2019, 04:42 PM »
Nope, development doesn't work like that. Any dev that says "it will definitely be done by X" is asking for trouble.

I didn't mean their prediction must be definitely accurate, though. I just asked for some estimations.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 06:05 PM by fraees »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2019, 07:41 PM »

Don't know if I read this ever before, but last night caught this funny situation.
Is this common thing or? Stats fanatics could find it bit contradictory, don't you think? :)

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2019, 08:23 PM »
https://worms2d.info/Post-game_awards#Most_Entertaining_Team_and_Most_Boring_Team
If a team uses a lot of super weapons and causes a lot of damage and kills, but also takes a very long time to perform their turns, then they can actually achieve both the Most Entertaining Team and Most Boring Team awards at the same time!
I'd assume worm-specific awards work the same way
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Asbest

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2019, 10:09 PM »
nevermind, lets see what this update will give
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 10:10 AM by Asbest »

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2019, 12:21 AM »
we waited 6 years for new worms update, and no real time... what the f*ck
Another way to look at it... we had 6 years with mostly silence, now we have a SIGNAL OF LIFE that WA is not dead, and plans for more frequent updates

Plus 3.8 has some substantial improvements:  baked in Rubberworm features and new scheme format, and native windowmode support

I've never heard the slightest hint of a rumour that realtime would be in this update. Maybe it will now be possible sooner because of the new scheme format.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2019, 02:17 PM »
ok, so they told us nice things so our dicks are hard, but the most important question, WHEN, when can I lunch WA and enjoy this all things?   in this year? in the next 10 years?? in this decade?   is not it just another "f@#! off" topic?

Offline Kradie

« Reply #86 on: January 30, 2019, 06:39 PM »
ok, so they told us nice things so our dicks are hard, but the most important question, WHEN, when can I lunch WA and enjoy this all things?   in this year? in the next 10 years?? in this decade?   is not it just another "f@#! off" topic?

10 years is a decade.

I think this topic was necessary to demonstrate that the developers are still caring and working on the game.  I highly doubt they are like this;

We should be glad that there is sign of life & support for the game. Not a lot of games in this day and age gets updated.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 30, 2019, 11:24 PM »
Lmfao Kradie, nice clip. And topical.

Offline generic goose

« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2019, 11:58 AM »
looks like we've been gnomed again

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2019, 12:13 AM »
Quote from: basically everybody
when
Well, it's settled. Update delayed until December 31, 2022. Pack it up, boys! I'm sure all 7 people still playing W:A by then will find the wait worthwhile.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural