Forums
December 07, 2019, 08:53 AM

Author Topic: Worms Armageddon 3.8.0 changelog sneak peek  (Read 11875 times)

Alby87 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Korydex

Re: Worms Armageddon 3.8.0 changelog sneak peek
« Reply #135 on: October 04, 2019, 12:48 PM »
WA has UPnP and host bot atleast, some games don't even have that. However an option to use WormNAT out of the box could be added I guess. But anyway I don't think that people who couldn't figure out hosting would become valuable part of the community

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #136 on: October 04, 2019, 05:09 PM »
I love the word "hackered"  :D

Reminds me of what we say when we are tired - nackered.

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2019, 09:05 PM »
This feature is the reason why modern worms era is so bad. Everyone plays on big maps instead of tight ones. I hate big rr, tower rr, trick race and other noob schemes that were made because of that feature.
We shouldn't promote drug use on TUS.
Do it in safety of your home guys, stop sharing opinions with others when you're high.

Yeah, I had to refrain from posting a stupid opinion. You're right.

As for the rest of your post, seems like the devs know what they're doing and what I've come up with has already been asked and discussed numerous times. Fine, I'll do a research before writing a post next time. Sorry about that.

But anyway I don't think that people who couldn't figure out hosting would become valuable part of the community

Exactly. It takes a minute to find a hosting guide and follow the instructions. If people can't be bothered to do that, they're better off playing another game.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2019, 05:25 PM »
Unfortunately the world isn't full of sapiophiles  :'(

Offline Ashtar

« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2019, 01:56 AM »
Version 3.7.0.0 was released right before Christmas. Could there be an upcoming Christmas surprise for us again? Just my random thought.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2019, 05:49 PM »
You are correct in that nearly all of my time lately has been spent in relation to setting up the new server. However, I'd like to add to that, that server-related matters are solely my responsibility, and, as far as I understand, and excluding doing anything disagreeable, there is nothing that I can do to expedite the next update's release.
Might be time to start exploring these "disagreeable" options ;).

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #141 on: October 14, 2019, 07:57 PM »
Was there really a demand for big and colored maps back in the day?
Was there a demand for electricity back in stone age?

This feature is the reason why modern worms era is so bad. Everyone plays on big maps instead of tight ones. I hate big rr, tower rr, trick race and other noob schemes that were made because of that feature.
Do it in safety of your home guys, stop sharing opinions with others when you're high.

there were leagues before replays
Were they any good? Usability, cheat-proofing etc

built-in ranks which allowed to play ranked games within the game. They could bring it back
How long would it last before getting hackered again?

Why not implement wkWormNAT into the game
It currently depends on a community server, what if it goes down? If everyone was to start using it, would the server go fine with this extra load?
Remaking all of this into an official feature with proper support would be great yeah.

As for cheaters, some kind of anti-cheating software could be developed. Just like it's done in counter-strike and other games.
While some kinds of cheats can be avoided by restructuring the game logic, others aren't really avoidable - such as macros or aimbots. One exception to this are anti-cheat modules, such as GameGuard and Valve Anti-Cheat. We really don't want to go in this direction, since such software usually intrudes on players' privacy and is expensive (in terms of resources) to develop and maintain.
[...]
Blocking WormKit-like software is impossible, short of going the GameGuard-like rootkit-spyware route.

it's hard to find ttrr players anymore because everyone plays big rr instead.
Just play tight Big RR maps then.
Doubt TTRR's player count would increase much even if Big RR was suddenly gone forever. I wouldn't want to train for months, find a good keyboard and find a worthy opponent who did the same, all just to have a good game.
I guess bigrr is like billiards and ttrr is like snooker...

billiards is more accesible for most, while snooker requires more precise control

Without replays, unfortunately you can't trust everyone to play fairly :/
*shrugs* I can't trust everyone to play fairly even with replays.
1. I think the Stone Age didn't even know what "electric" even MEANT!
2. Drugs are bad, M'Kay.
3. Not to mention, all of the lost history because the matches never got recorded.
4. I think a wrestling-like "belt" system might be good, since I bet that wouldn't be hacked anytime soon. If a player hasn't played in 6 months, vacate the title.
5. We can last one more version with separate WormNAT, it won't be the end of the world. Besides, adding WormNAT would only delay this version FURTHER.
6. Or worse: DENUVO!
7. Plus, noobs (and noobs at heart, like I am.) HATE timed matches.
8. On top of that, Replays are the reason we can look at many players today. The matches we played before the replays are like the Early history of TV: Nothing got recorded, so there's LITERALLY nothing to watch because nothing even EXISTS these days. Even now, replays are the KEY to the preservation of the history of this game.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Korydex

« Reply #142 on: October 15, 2019, 04:20 AM »
Was there really a demand for big and colored maps back in the day?
Was there a demand for electricity back in stone age?

there were leagues before replays
Were they any good? Usability, cheat-proofing etc

built-in ranks which allowed to play ranked games within the game. They could bring it back
How long would it last before getting hackered again?

Why not implement wkWormNAT into the game
It currently depends on a community server, what if it goes down? If everyone was to start using it, would the server go fine with this extra load?
Remaking all of this into an official feature with proper support would be great yeah.

As for cheaters, some kind of anti-cheating software could be developed. Just like it's done in counter-strike and other games.
While some kinds of cheats can be avoided by restructuring the game logic, others aren't really avoidable - such as macros or aimbots. One exception to this are anti-cheat modules, such as GameGuard and Valve Anti-Cheat. We really don't want to go in this direction, since such software usually intrudes on players' privacy and is expensive (in terms of resources) to develop and maintain.
[...]
Blocking WormKit-like software is impossible, short of going the GameGuard-like rootkit-spyware route.

it's hard to find ttrr players anymore because everyone plays big rr instead.
Just play tight Big RR maps then.
Doubt TTRR's player count would increase much even if Big RR was suddenly gone forever. I wouldn't want to train for months, find a good keyboard and find a worthy opponent who did the same, all just to have a good game.
I guess bigrr is like billiards and ttrr is like snooker...

billiards is more accesible for most, while snooker requires more precise control

Without replays, unfortunately you can't trust everyone to play fairly :/
*shrugs* I can't trust everyone to play fairly even with replays.
1. I think the Stone Age didn't even know what "electric" even MEANT!
2. Drugs are bad, M'Kay.
3. Not to mention, all of the lost history because the matches never got recorded.
4. I think a wrestling-like "belt" system might be good, since I bet that wouldn't be hacked anytime soon. If a player hasn't played in 6 months, vacate the title.
5. We can last one more version with separate WormNAT, it won't be the end of the world. Besides, adding WormNAT would only delay this version FURTHER.
6. Or worse: DENUVO!
7. Plus, noobs (and noobs at heart, like I am.) HATE timed matches.
8. On top of that, Replays are the reason we can look at many players today. The matches we played before the replays are like the Early history of TV: Nothing got recorded, so there's LITERALLY nothing to watch because nothing even EXISTS these days. Even now, replays are the KEY to the preservation of the history of this game.
you're on crack

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2019, 03:02 AM »
Any news?

Offline Godmax

« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2019, 11:54 AM »
1 year passed they are shitting on us. Not that we need 3.8 ofc

Offline Talon79

« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2019, 12:56 PM »
You payd them? or they work for anyone of us?
Respect for who still working on this project and try give to the comunity something to waiting for.

I just hope that there will be a chance to have a Project X (or similar) option for modding the game.

« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2019, 06:40 PM »
bye worms

Offline Sensei

« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2019, 07:24 PM »
bye worms

I think you said goodbye long time ago, my friend ;)
Collection of twitch interviews, league clanners and CWT matches.

Click to join Worms Armageddon community on Discord Server!