Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:32 PM

Author Topic: Worms Armageddon v3.8 Released  (Read 79652 times)

Online Sensei

Re: Worms Armageddon v3.8 Released
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2020, 01:41 AM »
<3

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2020, 01:53 AM »
Hey  Guys! First of all thanks for the 3.8. And by the way: Steam overlay doesn't work while I'm playing. What can I do for resolving this problem? (Steam overlay works in  menus, Anything Goes and the lobby of my room only.)

Offline Hurz

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2020, 02:37 AM »
i had immediate desynch when using 3.8 while other ppl using lower versions, playing online, while 3.8 game version working fine, alone. did i miss to use some stuff? or is it under construction?

Offline Hurz

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2020, 02:39 AM »
just reinstalled 3.7.2.1 quickly to get the games done, prolly can be fixed by check 1 box, idk... help?

oh and btw what about ingame kick? kawoosh dll no work, is there a feature to do without by fixes? didnt read whole blog yet :)

Offline darekols

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2020, 03:29 AM »
Which renderer are you using? You should have best results with Direct3D 9 (shader) in terms of the Steam overlay etc.

Exactly D3D9 (shader). I think game takes whole control over every key being pressed, because i can see popups with information about what my friends are currently playing, but overlay don't show up even when i change key binding in Steam to open overlay. (like Steam doesn't know keys are being pressed)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 03:32 AM by darekols »

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2020, 05:52 AM »
Nice job Deadcode and CyberShadow. Very impressive!
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2020, 09:44 AM »
Wowie Yowie!!!! :o

No wonder it took so long. Microscopic stuff virtually nobody will notice, alongside several monstrous new features. And great strides in compatibility and stability.

This is how you make a 21 year old game keep looking attractive without destroying what makes it great. :)

Thank you very, VERY much Deadcode and CyberShadow! Everyone, please spread the word! Social media, other message boards, YouTube comments, live streams, comments on live streams, heck, buy some adspace if you can spare the dough! ;D

Offline The Extremist

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2020, 09:51 AM »
Just one minor concern:

[DC] Most in-game motion and animations are now rendered at the hardware refresh rate, rather than being locked to 50 Hz as before. The game engine still runs at 50 Hz, so "tweening" is used to accomplish this. As a result, most in-game motion that used to appear somewhat jerky will now look quite smooth. (Note, tweening of animations is still limited by the number of pre-rendered frames in Gfx.dir. The difference is that now, the available frames are used as effectively as possible.)

I think I asked this once before - can this be disabled? If not, will it be possible to have such an option in the future? I ask because people may prefer the old, technically inferior look because they're used to it.

Same questions and reasoning goes for this:

[DC] When loading its water graphics, the game now first tries to load DATA\Gfx\Water.dir, which is a re-rendered version of the original blue water waves – using the same algorithm, but antialiased and animated at a much higher framerate, to make it look good in super-slow-motion playback. If that file is not found, the game falls back to loading the original rendering of blue water waves, Data\Water\Blue\Water.dir (on CD-ROM if running the CD Edition).

Offline Tomi

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2020, 10:02 AM »
Very nice job! :D

Offline Muzer

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2020, 12:14 PM »
Just one minor concern:

[DC] Most in-game motion and animations are now rendered at the hardware refresh rate, rather than being locked to 50 Hz as before. The game engine still runs at 50 Hz, so "tweening" is used to accomplish this. As a result, most in-game motion that used to appear somewhat jerky will now look quite smooth. (Note, tweening of animations is still limited by the number of pre-rendered frames in Gfx.dir. The difference is that now, the available frames are used as effectively as possible.)

I think I asked this once before - can this be disabled? If not, will it be possible to have such an option in the future? I ask because people may prefer the old, technically inferior look because they're used to it.

Same questions and reasoning goes for this:

[DC] When loading its water graphics, the game now first tries to load DATA\Gfx\Water.dir, which is a re-rendered version of the original blue water waves – using the same algorithm, but antialiased and animated at a much higher framerate, to make it look good in super-slow-motion playback. If that file is not found, the game falls back to loading the original rendering of blue water waves, Data\Water\Blue\Water.dir (on CD-ROM if running the CD Edition).

I don't believe it's possible to disable render tweening, but you can disable water tweening simply by deleting the new Water.dir.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 12:19 PM by Muzer »

Offline Muzer

« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2020, 12:20 PM »
i had immediate desynch when using 3.8 while other ppl using lower versions, playing online, while 3.8 game version working fine, alone. did i miss to use some stuff? or is it under construction?
Were they using RubberWorm? RubberWorm 3.7.2.1 and 3.8 are not interoperable online, though you can view RubberWorm replays. If you weren't trying to use RubberWorm, please upload the recorded games from as many people as you can find in the match, for debugging. Thanks!

Offline readyworm

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2020, 12:44 PM »
Superb! Thanks for all the hard work and keeping this game/community going :)

Everything works fine so far - only thing I've noticed is the audio is muted when the game is minimised from full screen or if focus is taken away from windowed mode - I've tried the tweaks / advanced settings, no joy. Anyone else getting this?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 12:58 PM by readyworm »

Online Sensei

« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2020, 12:59 PM »

Everything works fine so far - only thing I've noticed is the audio is muted when the game is minimised from full screen - I've tried the tweaks / advanced settings, no joy. Anyone else getting this?

Yeah, it was fixed for me after going into tweaks and double clicking: PlayAudioInBackground_Enable.reg
Did you do this or?

Offline readyworm

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2020, 01:22 PM »

Everything works fine so far - only thing I've noticed is the audio is muted when the game is minimised from full screen - I've tried the tweaks / advanced settings, no joy. Anyone else getting this?

Yeah, it was fixed for me after going into tweaks and double clicking: PlayAudioInBackground_Enable.reg
Did you do this or?

Yeah tried the reg key tweak, still no audio when minimised

Offline StepS

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2020, 03:06 PM »
Yeah tried the reg key tweak, still no audio when minimised
The option does not affect minimization, only leaving the windowed game in background but not minimizing it.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]