Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:14 PM

Author Topic: Worms Armageddon v3.8 Released  (Read 79700 times)

Offline KinslayeR

Re: Worms Armageddon v3.8 Released
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2020, 04:58 PM »
damn man, I need to find my tarantula and force miklos to join

Offline Psych

« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2020, 04:41 AM »
Big kudos to Deadcode and Cybershadow for finally getting this behemoth of an update out. Exactly what one would need to come back.

Just a silly question to ask when you're doing really dumb schemes using the new options available, is there a way to solve softlocks from happening when the stars align and you're presented with an endless turn? See the included replay for an example of such an occurrence.

In this game, the wind could carry worms away. But in one of the turns, the wind manages to blow a worm toward the water with significant horizontal velocity, then the worm starts skimming and gains further velocity to the point where the skim is infinite with no way to break out of it. We watched the worm skim for minutes until we called it quits and ended the game.

Is there a way to break out of such a scenario to allow the game to continue or would there be plans to include such safeguards?

Thanks again for luring an old fan back in. WA is refreshing to play again after a 6 year hiatus.

Offline chovas

« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2020, 11:26 AM »
Thank you very much guys for all the great work! Now only thing left is to dust my good old keyboard, find my rope somewhere in the closet and start to scrape the rust off my roping  8) Seriously guys it is much appreciated all the effort you put into this and updating a game of more than twenty years to look as good as new. This game is immortal really...
Some people are so poor that the only thing they have is money

Offline Wojt3DS

« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2020, 07:51 PM »
Hi. I'm wondering about the Polish translation. I'm a translator myself; can I help?
It's been years since we've since Polish language in Worms (it's in the official early release), but all the other updates rather skipped it... despite the tremendous Polish WA community.

Offline StepS

« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2020, 08:26 PM »
Hi. I'm wondering about the Polish translation. I'm a translator myself; can I help?
It's been years since we've since Polish language in Worms (it's in the official early release), but all the other updates rather skipped it... despite the tremendous Polish WA community.
We're almost full: https://worms2d.info/WA_character_table
So probably not in the near future. However, feel free to make a fan translation. (I think you can easily find one for 3.7.2.1 downloadable online)

Is there a way to break out of such a scenario to allow the game to continue or would there be plans to include such safeguards?
I was thinking about disabling RW object-specific modifiers (such as RW gravity factor/wind/etc) when falling outside visible screen boundaries. I'll ask Deadcode about it, but there have been several other ideas for resolving deadlocks, including a "Turbo mode" where all between-turn movement is ignored and the next turn can start immediately (also no pausing for damage or kills). That might happen for 3.8.2 or 3.9.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 08:36 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline ko`

« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2020, 09:08 PM »
how do i update gog version?

Offline BaZa

« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2020, 09:51 PM »
U should ask Steps
-baza-

Offline XTApocalypse

« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2020, 03:50 AM »
Hey, I've been away from the game for a few years now. I previously used SchemeEddy to edit schemes, but unless I'm mistaken, both it and the online editor are obsolete as of the inclusion of all these new options.

Was another editor released? Or is 100%ing the singleplayer my only option for editing schemes freely? I was hoping to stream this new patch's features, but if that's the case I might not be able to anytime soon.

Offline Senator

« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2020, 07:25 AM »
You can download Full Wormage Unlocker from worms2d site to get access to the new scheme options.

Offline Psych

« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2020, 12:08 PM »
I was thinking about disabling RW object-specific modifiers (such as RW gravity factor/wind/etc) when falling outside visible screen boundaries. I'll ask Deadcode about it, but there have been several other ideas for resolving deadlocks, including a "Turbo mode" where all between-turn movement is ignored and the next turn can start immediately (also no pausing for damage or kills). That might happen for 3.8.2 or 3.9.
That's good news, thanks for the heads up!

Offline XTApocalypse

« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2020, 05:00 PM »
You can download Full Wormage Unlocker from worms2d site to get access to the new scheme options.
Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Offline Zabuza

« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2020, 02:52 PM »
Hello, I found problem loading maps. Many old maps from other users and all the maps I created now, when loaded into the menu, always have an indestructible border on top. Re-saving doesn't help. You need to turn off the top border every time. I hope this bug will be fixed.

Offline Muzer

« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2020, 07:10 PM »
Hello, I found problem loading maps. Many old maps from other users and all the maps I created now, when loaded into the menu, always have an indestructible border on top. Re-saving doesn't help. You need to turn off the top border every time. I hope this bug will be fixed.
Please upload an example of a map that does this for you so we can investigate.

Offline Zabuza

« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2020, 09:27 PM »
the developer confirmed that this is a bug

Offline Zabuza

« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2020, 09:29 PM »
here is a map for example