Forums
April 23, 2024, 08:16 AM

Author Topic: Your pick/my pick  (Read 11949 times)

Offline Guaton

Re: Your pick/my pick
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 01:59 PM »

Summary:
  • Both players/clans need to agree on the map

i cant understand this rule , im free to put the map what i want, if its my time to pick i decide what scheme and map should we play , ill put the kind of map more comfortable to me (talking about rope schemes) , im not talking about map-whoring but what if i wanna play ttrr in a fluffy/barman/eminef map and my oponent doesnt want to play one of this maps cos they are too dificult for him? i wont put a 10 sec only cos he suck/doesnt like it , "f@#! you" i would tell him ...

and what if some1 feels like trolling and ask me to change every singe map i choose? you are giving ground to the trolling with this xDD

i got i new rule for u
  • Both players/clans need to agree on the scheme
lol
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 02:02 PM by Guaton »

Offline Prankster

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 02:44 PM »
Auto-lightup is when the host force your light to get turned on even when you haven't clicked it. It's done using a script.

Oh! I tought it was the /afk too.

Offline Random00

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 02:55 PM »
Good job, mod team.

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 03:34 PM »
Guaton, if you're going to read my post, be sure to read all of it :)

If you're not the host, clearly, you don't have to agree with the map. We don't want an unending fight about the map though: suggest your own map to move things along. If you are being unreasonable with your own map request, then the host is entitled to a free win because you'd basically be refusing to play his pick. Make an effort to agree on a map. If you light up, then that means you agree on the settings (scheme and map). If the host refuses to change map after you request another map, remind him of this rule. If he still refuses to change the map, then there's nothing more you can do. You can quit the game. If the host reports a free win, just make a thread on the complaint forum and attach the chatlog from the game lobby (in your User/Logs folder).

Offline Peja

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 04:26 PM »

If you're not the host, clearly, you don't have to agree with the map. We don't want an unending fight about the map though: suggest your own map to move things along. If you are being unreasonable with your own map request, then the host is entitled to a free win because you'd basically be refusing to play his pick. Make an effort to agree on a map. If you light up, then that means you agree on the settings (scheme and map). If the host refuses to change map after you request another map, remind him of this rule. If he still refuses to change the map, then there's nothing more you can do. You can quit the game. If the host reports a free win, just make a thread on the complaint forum and attach the chatlog from the game lobby (in your User/Logs folder).

i still dont get the sense if it. if someone refuses a map because the map dont fit to him /her the host will obviously put a map in the same style again. so this rule is basicly to avoid "mapwhoring"

this is something i cant support, cause we never got a useful dicussion about it.
for example:
- someone plays all shopper picks ona  classic style shopper map like LL.

i cant see any problem there, like i wrote in the complaint, these maps are that easy that he simply cant get any advantage from palyin it every time.

- wxw lets take a look on dienadel, he almost plays the same map over and over but noone complains about it. the reason is simple, his map is a good one and challenging.

i guess its not a matter how many times you play on a map in general. maybe we should look on this case from each scheme differently.

i just dont see why we need to change anything here. when i look on the complaints, some are based simply on having fun in denouncing players. and you give them the feeling they were right in doing this.
someone wrote in the savage topic: "it worked, lets make topics for the others now"
the result would be same if someone just asked savage in the lobby to change his maps, he would done it. but hey, its always more fun to make it public and punch someone in the face.

Offline lalo

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 04:59 PM »
Gotta agree with Guaton and Peja, you're just complicating more this league. There are other ways to deal with mapwhores, now we will have another problem, people who can't play difficult maps will ask for an easier one in order to get some lucky advantage.
Bye bye cavern shoppers, hello fabrousses.

Offline Husk

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 05:09 PM »
guatowned xDDdddddd!!!!!!!1111111

not only does this rule prevent mapwhoring, the host can't force us to play in a lame map.

read d1's post, if someone is obviously rejecting every reasonable map the host puts, the host would get a freewin. anything can be dealt with by just using common sense.

Offline Peja

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 05:28 PM »
guatowned xDDdddddd!!!!!!!1111111

not only does this rule prevent mapwhoring, the host can't force us to play in a lame map.

read d1's post, if someone is obviously rejecting every reasonable map the host puts, the host would get a freewin. anything can be dealt with by just using common sense.

how husk lol, lame 1 map rejected, then host puts another lame map, bl. the possible conditions a map can be avoided are not selected anywhere. if you dont force people giving a valid reason for a mapchange this rule dont change anything but got the potential to create some trouble. i bet with a bit more time some more senseful rule could be made, this looks like an premature ejaculation

ps i really like the light up dont complain stuff.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 05:36 PM by Peja »

Offline Guaton

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 05:28 PM »
its still stupid under my eyes ...

i will never report a free win , free win is not a win ,free win is as lame as mapwhoring (komo deserve be owned by freewins xD)

Offline Maciej

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 05:35 PM »
that's stupid, if it's my pick I should choose map we are playing on, wtf?

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 05:39 PM »
You guys are making way too much drama out of this. What Husk said. It's all in there, including an answer to your objections.

We're not going to define "lame map", because that's not possible. Unless we're gonna go ahead and measure maps, check the amount of hides, define hides. Define it by the amount of times hosted by a person. We'd have to check the percentage of usage. And even after we do all that, LameHoster will play LameMap1 50 times, then switch to Lamemap2, play it 50 times, then switch to LameMap3, etcetera.

We're telling you it's up to you to pick maps rather than make overcomplicated definition of lame maps and now you're complaining that we're making it overly complicated!
I'm sorry, but I don't understand you here.

If UndefinedIdiot decides to make a fuss about the map every time he plays, guess what: people are going to stop playing, because they don't want to have to bother with this guy when much more easy going people are out there! 2 things happen: UndefinedIdiot stops making a fuss about picking maps or nobody will play UndefinedIdiot and he will quit.
Either way, the problem disappears.

Peja, have you ever considered suggesting a map on your own when you're not the host and he keeps picking the same map? Just a thought. Asking a hoster not to pick the same maps ever game is not in any way unreasonable. This is why in the event of complaints about this, we'll be checking logs.

Offline Peja

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2011, 05:50 PM »
You guys are making way too much drama out of this. What Husk said. It's all in there, including an answer to your objections.

We're not going to define "lame map", because that's not possible. Unless we're gonna go ahead and measure maps, check the amount of hides, define hides. Define it by the amount of times hosted by a person. We'd have to check the percentage of usage. And even after we do all that, LameHoster will play LameMap1 50 times, then switch to Lamemap2, play it 50 times, then switch to LameMap3, etcetera.

We're telling you it's up to you to pick maps rather than make overcomplicated definition of lame maps and now you're complaining that we're making it overly complicated!
I'm sorry, but I don't understand you here.

If UndefinedIdiot decides to make a fuss about the map every time he plays, guess what: people are going to stop playing, because they don't want to have to bother with this guy when much more easy going people are out there! 2 things happen: UndefinedIdiot stops making a fuss about picking maps or nobody will play UndefinedIdiot and he will quit.
Either way, the problem disappears.

Peja, have you ever considered suggesting a map on your own when you're not the host and he keeps picking the same map? Just a thought. Asking a hoster not to pick the same maps ever game is not in any way unreasonable. This is why in the event of complaints about this, we'll be checking logs.

and whats the difference to the former system? without any rule, there would be the same results.
oh i forgot now i can force the hoster to pick another map.
in fact this changes nothing since mapwhoring/lamemaps is still possible. its only an useless intervention to the hosters pick. not a hard, unfair, or any bad intervention. but also totaly useless.

i never got any problems about maps, and there never will be. simply because i am able to talk.
its like you said, if someone acting like a douchebag, no need to play him /her.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 05:55 PM by Peja »

Offline Gabriel

• Slacker is a queefer

• Chile Chile
  • UC UC clan

• Might come back later idk
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2011, 06:40 PM »

i still dont get the sense if it. if someone refuses a map because the map dont fit to him /her the host will obviously put a map in the same style again. so this rule is basicly to avoid "mapwhoring"

this is something i cant support, cause we never got a useful dicussion about it.
for example:
- someone plays all shopper picks ona  classic style shopper map like LL.

i cant see any problem there, like i wrote in the complaint, these maps are that easy that he simply cant get any advantage from palyin it every time.

- wxw lets take a look on dienadel, he almost plays the same map over and over but noone complains about it. the reason is simple, his map is a good one and challenging.

i guess its not a matter how many times you play on a map in general. maybe we should look on this case from each scheme differently.

i just dont see why we need to change anything here. when i look on the complaints, some are based simply on having fun in denouncing players. and you give them the feeling they were right in doing this.
someone wrote in the savage topic: "it worked, lets make topics for the others now"
the result would be same if someone just asked savage in the lobby to change his maps, he would done it. but hey, its always more fun to make it public and punch someone in the face.

hey, Im sorry, but after I posted I spoke with savage about it. I felt sorry for him.

We warned LL several times as:
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-89846/
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-88578/
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-89556/
EVEN in a damn game:
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-85698/
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-85545/
and a lot of times more.
https://www.tus-wa.com/maps/map-2362/

Oh, read before speak.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 06:42 PM by Gabriel »
Mole shopper is the worst thing in the world.

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2011, 10:09 PM »
in fact this changes nothing since mapwhoring/lamemaps is still possible.

Well, if you choose to allow mapwhores to play on the same map on their hosts, then yes, it will change nothing. In most cases, choosing a map will not be any trouble. You're complaining and complaining about how this will cause troubles, and then you say nothing changes.
Make up your mind, dude! :)

Offline darKz

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2011, 11:29 PM »
If opponent hosts and picks lame map, tell him to change it. If he changes it and it's still lame, ask again. If two tries don't work, don't play him. That's what I'd do. :P

Imo this rule is good, it's doing more good than bad.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010