Forums
April 25, 2024, 12:07 AM

Author Topic: Basic ASC rules  (Read 947 times)

Offline HHC

Basic ASC rules
« on: May 27, 2013, 02:26 PM »
Rules are same as TUS, and as the (official) schemes dictate. Cup specific rules are in the cup page.

Other than that, there's:

Signing up/replacements/reserves:
- Sign ups start roughly 1 week ahead of the cup. Once a good number of players is reached the pairings are done. This can happen BEFORE the actual date on the ASC calendar. Thus, a cup can start at the 27th or 28th of a month and not on the 1st.
- If you fail to play a game within the 1st week of the cup you will receive a warning pm. If you fail to reply to the warning within 2 days (and not play any games meanwhile), you may be booted.
- If you fail to sign up, you can always sign up as a reserve. Keep in mind that after your possible replacement of an inactive player there will only be 4 or 5 days left to complete all group games.

Deadlines/advancing players:
- Deadline for the group stage is the final one. It will not be moved under any circumstance.
- If you fail a deadline in k/o you may be kicked out, depending on the circumstances.
- The correct order of placements in the groups is decided by:
1) Games won
2) If not all matches were played by players involved, the player with the most rounds won goes through. Otherwise, rounds record counts (both rounds won and lost, with 4-2 being better than 5-4 for example).
3) mutual result (between tied players)
4) if all of the above are the same, I count worms (and after HP's of worms if the same).
There will be no replaying of games if a draw in standings occurs, ever. In very special circumstances I might switch players around (players refusing to play/not getting in touch, etc.). But this is very unlikely.

Prizes/Donations:
For donation problems, see the donations thread.
Prizes:
- Steam credit cannot be exchanged for cash; or transferred into a donation of some sort.
- Steam credit can be given to an other Steam user, either a guy who plays worms or a friend who doesn't.
- If you want to buy a Steam game that's more expensive than the Steam credit you've won, you can always donate the remainder of the sum to my paypal account.
- Don't blame me if the game sucks or is 'merely' a demo of some sort.
- Other than that, you are free to spend your Steam budget as you like. You may purchase several titles, as long as you stick to the budget. If you do not spend the whole of the budget, there will be no refunds. The remainder is annulled.

Points system for the overall classification:

Notes:
You can see in the calendar thread what class a particular cup is. 1st class are the big schemes like Elite and Rope for example, 3rd class are the (small) freeleague ones. As you can see, you can win a shitload of points by getting a medal, while games won in the group stage are worth peanuts  ;) This is to ensure it's not just the most active guy who wins the general classification, but the most skilled guy.
NB: If a cup has only 8 players in knockout stage only points will be awarded for the positions 1 to 8. The points for positions 9th to 32nd won't go to players who were eliminated in the group stage. They can only score points for possible games won.
NB2 (update): points are awarded at the end of a cup, if you finish a pending game later in the year don't expect to get any points for it.

- Countries & Clans ranking: In both cases the top 4 rated players of said country/clan are used to calculate the score. The clan you were in when the cup started is the clan that gets the points. There are no Steam prizes for these side-classifications. Only for the individual players' ranking.

That's it, happy gaming  :)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:22 AM by HHC »

Offline HHC

Re: Basic ASC rules
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 12:24 AM »
Changed the rules a little. There were some issues with inactive players being advanced. And I have to say, there was ground to protest. Hence I've changed the rules there a bit.

It's now games won and rounds won that matter (in case not all matches were played). People won't be rewarded for inactiveness again this way.

Sorry to all those who got buttraped by the previous rules  :'(