Forums
March 29, 2024, 10:59 AM

Author Topic: Wtf is this? - A quick FAQ for ASC  (Read 1902 times)

Offline HHC

Wtf is this? - A quick FAQ for ASC
« on: May 16, 2013, 05:00 PM »

What's ASC?
As the forum description (and the logo above) say(s): ASC = Annual Series of Cups (as hosted by HHC)  ;D

As you might have guessed already, that means I'll be hosting some cups here at TUS that count toward a special (annual) ranking.

The cups will be the same as the ones I have hosted in the past. Right here at TUS, and 2 weeks for group stage and 1 week for each k/o phase.

There will be one cup a month for a total of 11 each year/season. The schemes will be a mix between classic and free ones. Alternating each year.

Prizes?
Sure. But not cash, well sort of, but not really  ;D

Instead of cash you can win games on Steam. Games of your own choice.
There are 3 different cup levels. In the 1st category are the popular classic scheme cups. In the 2nd the less popular ones, as well as schemes like Intermediate. The 3rd is reserved for smaller free league cups.
The prize money will be: 15euro for winning a 1st cat.; 12.50euro for winning a 2nd cat. and 10euro for winning a 3rd cat. cup.
You can then spend the prize money you won on any Steam game(s) you like.

The prize money may not be all that much, but it will still get you some nice games on Steam. Certainly if they are on special discount at the time.

To further boost the prize money, I will post a donation button tomorrow. People who donate can decide themselves on which cup/classification to spend it on. If you want to give your favourite scheme a special boost, you can donate say 10euro; thereby making it a lot more interesting for people to compete in it.

Can I join?
Yes. The cups will be open for all. Special registration somewhere is not needed. Sign up for a cup and you'll be automically entered into the standings (if you score points that is).

The first cup will start at the 1st of June.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 05:03 PM by HHC »

Offline Random00

Re: Wtf is this? - A quick FAQ for ASC
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 05:50 PM »
sounds nice :)
lloking forward to the first Cup ^.^

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 06:04 PM »
Yeah, really sounds promising. :)

Offline HHC

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 06:54 PM »
Medals are done  :)

Same as the standard cup ones, but the colours are in red-white-blue to resemble the ASC logo, to make sure they stand out  :) Sweet ones eh?

Left is ASC medals, right one is a standard TUS one.

Offline Kyho

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 09:06 PM »
nice medal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 09:25 PM »
(Well done reversing the French flag in it.)

Offline philie

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2013, 10:54 PM »
nice idea! +1

Offline Crazy

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2013, 11:48 PM »
Great idea HHC :) I'm only interested in WA, but I'll play for the support and donation of the good!

Offline HHC

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2013, 09:08 AM »
You can also let me gift a game to someone else Crazy. Maybe if you win the Elite cup you can gift WA to Justin Bieber?  ;D

Offline Husk

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2013, 09:27 AM »
and when he joins tus tdc can invite him!