Forums
April 24, 2024, 09:35 PM

Author Topic: BnG Stylecontest  (Read 5093 times)

Offline lacoste

Re: BnG Stylecontest
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 04:00 PM »
Id say premade maps just like on Roping Style Contest for every round would work, but still theres digging and map changes every turn for someones advantage.

But! If it was supposed to be for fun, no hard feelings after a lose coz your opponent had 5 times more possibilities, then go for it xd
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:08 PM by lacoste »
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline Desetroyah

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 04:09 PM »
Pre-made, indestructible maps then? or 2 rounds where opponents change sides after the first round? This sounds too complicated already heh

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 04:10 PM »
Id say premade maps just like on Roping Style Contest for every round would work, but still theres digging and map changes every turn for someones advantage.

But! If it was supposed to be for fun, no hard feelings after a lose coz your opponent had 5 times more possibilities, then go for it xd

Well then, do 2 rounds of 5 turns each? If it's 1v1 then the players can swap sides after the 1st game.

Offline lacoste

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 04:16 PM »
I dont think so, too abusive. It must be totally spontaneous if it has to be good. Also maps are revealed by judge when 2 players meet eachother.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 04:18 PM by lacoste »

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 04:17 PM »
I dont think so, too abusive. It must be totally spontaneous if it has to be good.

How's that any less abusive than your idea of using the same map over and over? ;P GG.

Offline lacoste

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 04:19 PM »
Well no, ofcourse original map for every game, kind of hard to make them for everyone tho xd

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 05:10 PM »
Well no, ofcourse original map for every game, kind of hard to make them for everyone tho xd

I don't think you can abuse taking 5 shots on each side, each... One time... Each round...

It's pretty simple, what's so hard to understand lol?

Offline Anubis

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 06:11 PM »
Actually, I think for BnG style contest there should be bigger maps and instead of hitting Worms you are supposed to attack targets (of course indestructible). You got 3 tries for each target. lol come to think of it I would even enjoy roping to my next spot to attack my target, take a sweet shot and continue roping. Kinda like Biathlon. =D

RR through a map, then take a shot and if I hit my time counts. :D

Offline lacoste

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 07:43 PM »
I don't think you can abuse taking 5 shots on each side, each... One time... Each round...

Its not just abuse, its repetition. Solution is ofcourse simple as in every best of # (who starts round picks side on new map). But its not a matter of first look (it kinda is when game is short) but the leftovers from digging which usually make the best shot situations.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 07:46 PM by lacoste »

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

Offline Prankster

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 10:46 PM »
Actually, I think for BnG style contest there should be bigger maps and instead of hitting Worms you are supposed to attack targets (of course indestructible). You got 3 tries for each target. lol come to think of it I would even enjoy roping to my next spot to attack my target, take a sweet shot and continue roping. Kinda like Biathlon. =D

RR through a map, then take a shot and if I hit my time counts. :D

Sounds interesting, but that's not a bng stylecontest anymore :)
Premade targets would reduce the variability for one's ideas, IMO.

coste's idea sounds the better to me - if the players won't mind if they don't have the perfectly same conditions, and we mostly go for the fun, it could be fun and still quite fair :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 12:23 AM »

Its not just abuse, its repetition. Solution is ofcourse simple as in every best of # (who starts round picks side on new map). But its not a matter of first look (it kinda is when game is short) but the leftovers from digging which usually make the best shot situations.

Yeah, sorry, I totally forgot, shooting from one side, then shooting from the other, is completely the same thing...

What on Gods green Earth was I thinking...

Let's do this, you do a contest, and i'll do one, doesn't matter what I say, you jus wanna go against me, you always have.

Cuz I was planning on entering a Style contest, and doing 1 shot, every turn... And copying my opponents...

Give human beings some credit coste?

Offline lacoste

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 09:46 AM »
Umm, i lold?

We all go against you, never forget that.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:49 AM by lacoste »

<Johnny`> !fart
<Johnny`> Sonova

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2012, 11:13 AM »
Premade targets would reduce the variability for one's ideas, IMO.

Well, that depends entirely on the quality of the map, doesn't it? ;)
It's a style contest, so all you need is a map with 3 (or whichever number) targets and plenty of places to stand with plenty of opportunities to bank grenades. /boomrace makes it easier to not have to waste time teleporting back if your opponent accidently hits you. Doesn't have to be a fancy map, as long as the shots are fancy, don't you agree? 8)

New map every round, so you can't repeat shots throughout rounds. You can have a rule that you can't repeat your opponent's shot, but since you can stand at whichever place you like, there are plenty of shots you can try.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2012, 12:22 PM »
Sorted :)