Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:27 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Disappeared maps  (Read 550 times)

Offline SorachiJirachi

[SOLVED] Disappeared maps
« on: October 17, 2018, 08:06 PM »
I uploaded two maps to the site, and when I went to make a correction one of the tags, they have both disappeared from the database listing, yet I can still access them by entering their URLs. Why is this happening?

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Disappeared maps
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 06:20 AM »
Hello,

That happened because you set the author of the maps "Team17". Did you make those maps? if so why did you set the author Team17?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline SorachiJirachi

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 04:42 PM »
The maps were originally included with Worms: The Director's Cut, which was released for the Amiga. Since both maps came with the game, I assigned Team17 as the author of both of them. They may not have actually designed the maps themselves, but better to be safe than sorry. All I did was simply convert the maps from the WRM16 file format.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 04:45 PM by SorachiJirachi »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 05:12 AM »
Then the system worked fine.

IF you want to update the map, you can use map editor. To do so, load the new map into map editor and select "merge this map with another map" then give the ID of the maps you had uploaded before. In this case the IDs are 17647 and 17648.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.