Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:20 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Very serious bug (!) with TUS schemes  (Read 1252 times)

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
[SOLVED] Very serious bug (!) with TUS schemes
« on: April 24, 2021, 05:36 PM »
It seems TUS schemes are seriously bugged. For example, if someone download my scheme Colossal Shopper here in TUS, it will be completely different from the original that is working fine if you download from Worms Knowledge Base. Maybe the issue has to do with max values from some of the Extended Scheme Options, because the TUS version of Colossal Shopper has 100% Rubber Bounciness while the original has 50%. It has 128x of Game Engine Speed, while the original has normal speed. It has 256 of gravity in TUS while the gravity has no alterations in the original. TUS version has also very high values for max rope, projectile and jetpack speeds while the original is way different. Probably there are more differences from the two versions of the scheme. Thanks to StepS that notified me that my scheme was completely bizarre and different from the description in TUS.

Usually I create schemes using SchemeEddy (to edit water rising, non standard weapon powers and fall damage values) + the game (to put the 3.8 features), what is a bit boring sometimes, because If I decide to change the water values, the fall damage or the weapon powers I need to do everything again. So when I discovered that TUS scheme editor is capable to edit all these values, I thought the TUS scheme editor was the best one and would help me to save time editing my scheme testings. However I already read two people complaining about having issues with TUS schemes (Swordfish with his Hyper Rope Knocking + Rope Knocking schemes and DENnis with his 1BungeeSurf scheme), so I still don't use it much because I don't trust so much in it right now.

Another thing I noticed is that the space to write when you are editing the TUS scheme cannot be enlarged properly, so you need to cope with the relatively small area to write (this one is minor bug, though).

I don't understand about TUS schemes Fall Damage values. In SchemeEddy the maximum Fall Damage is 508%, my scheme Jet Pack War (which has 508% FD) in TUS appears as "86" while usually standard Fall Damage (100%) appears in TUS as 67 and the scheme Hide and Seek appears in TUS with "134" FD value. Also, I just tested my scheme Jet Pack War from TUS right now and it seems the Fall Damage is wrong, it doesn't cause the same damage that the one available on WKB does. This means that probably this scheme is not working properly since 2011, and all people that downloaded my scheme from TUS didn't have the true experience of the scheme (because the Fall Damage is the core element from the scheme).

I noticed that the search feature doesn't find schemes by their Acronym. If I type JPW selecting the category "schemes" the search will not find the scheme. The same thing happens if I type HnS for Hide and Seek.

These scheme bugs are very urgent because even if people upload schemes and don't use TUS editor, their schemes will be completely different and people may think the scheme sucks, because they had the buggy experience of the scheme.

One more thing: recently I uploaded 2 map packs of very huge maps to TUS and the vast majority of them don't display the image correctly. I downloaded them and the files seem to work well, though.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 05:43 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Very serious bug (!) with TUS schemes
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 06:14 AM »
Thanks for the detailed report. I'll work on the points. I've downloaded the Colossal scheme from worms2d and I've uploaded it on TUS and it worked fine I tried saving it and reviewed it. Still no bugs. There may be one value in there which is not passing the verification. Do you remember what changes you did to this scheme after uploading it? I'm trying to reproduce that error.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 08:49 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 02:32 PM »
1. The mappack thumbnail generator doesn't do batch job if the number of maps are high or they are big. It does them after a while.
2. Changed FD values to percents from now on.
3. The search problem is fixed.

I cannot reproduce the first problem. I need to see where it is going wrong, so far all my attempts worked fine. Please fix your schemes and if it happened again, let me know how it did.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 06:52 PM »
Doubled the height of text editor on schemes.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 07:11 AM »
Do you remember what changes you did to this scheme after uploading it?

After the TUS upload, I only edited the text many, many times. The other settings I didn't changed because the scheme was already done when I uploaded.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline FoxHound

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2021, 07:20 AM »
1. The mappack thumbnail generator doesn't do batch job if the number of maps are high or they are big. It does them after a while.

ok, I just checked my mappacks and only one map is not displaying yet, nice.

2. Changed FD values to percents from now on.

Oh, seems much better now.

3. The search problem is fixed.

Thanks, it is working perfectly now ineed.

I cannot reproduce the first problem. I need to see where it is going wrong, so far all my attempts worked fine. Please fix your schemes and if it happened again, let me know how it did.

I uploaded Colossal Shopper again to TUS. Now an error message appears when I try to load the scheme inside the game (in attachment). The same thing happened to Jet Pack War, I just tested. Both schemes are unplayable now (but JPW scheme now shows 508% of Fall Damage in TUS, correctly).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 07:38 AM by FoxHound »
'

Offline FoxHound

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2021, 07:27 AM »
Doubled the height of text editor on schemes.

Oh nice, maybe with a bigger area people may write more details of the scheme. However the "bug" still remains, maybe it's not a bug, but I don't think this phenomenon should happen, seems strange...

When you grab the edge of the text area and pull to enlarge it, the text will be hidden by the other scheme options below. The text area will not expand properly in a way you can see the full area with the text appering, it seems hidden behind something. I attached an image to try to show what I mean.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 07:47 AM by FoxHound »
'

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2021, 12:20 PM »
Could you give me the colossal scheme you're uploading from your hard drive? and make sure it is the EXACT scheme you're selecting from your hard drive.

I'll fix the height problem of textarea later. For now, if you need more height: after dragging it down, close that "extra details" container and re-open it again. It will adjust itself to the new height.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 12:26 PM by MonkeyIsland »

Offline FoxHound

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2021, 07:26 PM »
Well, I tried uploading the Colossal Shopper scheme available on the wiki and this error appeared, then I tried my original version of the scheme (which is the same as the wiki one) and the same thing happened. I tried to upload the Jet Pack War scheme from the wiki and the same happened.

The original Colossal Shopper and the Jet Pack War from the wiki are attached.
'

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 06:18 AM »
Something is happening when you try to modify/save.  Can we set a time to check it live together?

Offline FoxHound

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2021, 01:22 PM »
Ok for me. Here is GMT -3. I'm available 21-8h GMT (I usually sleep during the morning) or in the weekends.
'