Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:17 PM

Author Topic: New PC, no more Worms?  (Read 8208 times)

Offline Anubis

Re: New PC, no more Worms?
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2011, 04:58 PM »
Well this is a bit hard to discuss mainly because you've already bought your beloved PC and your move is to defend. I would do exactly the same and as I mentioned before, you will forget all this soon. Once the game begin, we'll all forget about hardware. :)

Back to subject, for PSUs, there are kings out there like Thermaltake, they eat Green as a daily snack but money-wise, you are probably right. I've fallen away far from prices now.
For Hard drive I think you didn't get what we meant for multiple hard drives.

No my move is not to defend, why would I then point out that my graphics card wasn't the best idea? Makes no sense. :)

I did want i7 instead of i5 but after looking around it makes no difference in Games since hyper threading is contra productive for 90% of the games. Exception is for example Anno 1404.
The very small boost in performance with 0,10ghz more for each core doesn't make up the price of 70 Euro when you can just overclock it anyway! Don't you think? That's how I saw it.

When buying a PC you have to consider "what you pay and what you get" paying 30% more money to get like... 5% more performance makes no sense. This is how I pick my PC Components.

And about the PSU, could you actually give me some source? I have a hard time finding out what you mean by just typing in google: thermaltake king of PSU. xD

I don't actually get what you guys are talking about, like I asked before if you are suggesting getting 2x500GB HD instead of 1 TB then, no my answer is: makes no sense.

Offline nino

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2011, 05:06 PM »
anubis the HD thing is, when you have per exemple 2x 500gb in raid 0, it makes like 2x faster the time of read/write in the disc.

but ye, like said b4 ur OS will just recognize 1 logical HD of 500gb.

so monkey got 4x this means he got 4x faster the read/write stuff in HD, man it makes the system work much faster.

cos like i said processor, memory, PSU and others workds much faster than the HD so basicaly all them w8 for the HD to write/read to make their job. this for sure worth it.  and not that expensive too HDS are acctually the cheapest part of pc in comparison with rest.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2011, 05:08 PM »
But I already said I will get SSD for Windows and of course install my games there that I want to play (128GB SSD is enough for this) and the HD now is just STORAGE, it's not the HD where Windows will run, or the games that I currently play. SSD is better ae?

Offline nino

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2011, 05:12 PM »
hmm i think SSD speed is like a system with raid 0, using 2 disks, iam not sure tho, but SSD doesnot use mechanical stuff in the disk, needles and dishes i think, so it is much more durable too.

SSD is a nice choice ae.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 05:18 PM »
That's why I said why the f@#! should I get 2x500 or 3x320 or whatever when I just wanted storage for movies, music and old games I don't play anymore. I said that in my 2nd post already that it will run on SSD. -.-

You guys are crazy and very persistent! Next time please read EVERYTHING. -.-

Here page 1:

Actually, the plan was to get a new silent and cheap HD for storage (I record gameplay videos) and soon get a SSD for Windows only.

Storage means that there will basically nothing run, just store things that I don't use frequently. It makes me sad that you had to make such long discussion when it was not necessary. Calm down now ae? xD
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:20 PM by DeathInFire »

Offline nino

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2011, 05:19 PM »
ok sorry :(

Offline Anubis

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2011, 05:27 PM »
It's ok, porra!

That's why I didnt get why you suggested getting 2xHD for storage, don't need extreme speed for that lol. I just needed more space where I can swap my files to.

Offline darKz

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2011, 05:30 PM »
Still got my HDD in there, Kai? It will always be a part of your PC! :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline nino

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2011, 05:34 PM »
i was not waste of time anyway Kai, now peoples knows what raid 0 is and might be interested in doing this in their PCs.

and you better give back the HDD of putinho xD.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2011, 05:44 PM »
And about the PSU, could you actually give me some source? I have a hard time finding out what you mean by just typing in google: thermaltake king of PSU. xD

Search for "Thermaltake PSU review", an example:
http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1264&ID=1943#Tab4

Also you're a forum guy. Enter some hardware forums and ask about this brand.
(Didn't want to "advertise" this brand, but the thread kinda went into their direction. Silect Pro, Silverstone are also good PSUs.)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2011, 06:01 PM »
get a real OS and install linux ;)

Offline darKz

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2011, 06:03 PM »
and you better give back the HDD of putinho xD.

Ah no worries, he bought me a new one some time ago. It's just that the HDD in his PC was originally mine! :D
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline nino

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2011, 06:10 PM »
Talking about OS, iam just using windows cos worms, i've heard this run on linux but didnot want to try. i used ubuntu for long time and it is really cool, but porra, since i bought my mac i love the OS system xD iam upgrading to Lion now xD it is downloading aeeeeee

Offline Rok

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2011, 06:25 PM »
Wanna-be geeks everywhere, hehe. 2x faster performance with 2 disks in raid 0? Bwahaha. I wanna see some benchmarks, dudes. ;D

IMHO, the performance gain of raid 0 is not worth the increased risk of data loss, k?

Anubis, nevermind us. What we all jumped up about is that this HD could be a bottleneck in your system. But since you'll have ssd, np. ;)
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline nino

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2011, 06:39 PM »
there you go rok.