Forums
April 23, 2024, 11:25 PM

Author Topic: All Against Mablak  (Read 16180 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: All Against Mablak
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2012, 09:34 AM »
and komo im convinced we can reach his lvl in rr challenge and he isnt a god in it ;P

This, I believe :)

You guys are getting ridiculously good lol.

Offline Flori

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2012, 09:45 AM »
xd me and sock tries to beat him together now  ;P kinda cool. Its not bad to have a break between each turn. I often fall after 2sec because no break, and it never happaned with sock
I didnt say it but rrX is a secret association of anti mablak to get him down ;)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:53 AM by Flori »

Offline avirex

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2012, 05:28 PM »
komo, your out of your mind with the shit you say....

as chicken pointed out, mablak works for his great times, its not like he just says "ooo, somone beat my time....*host game*  **uploads winning replay**  "

lol

and besides, mablak is the best in every scheme, if he was just godly in ttrr, then you could wonder what the story is, but he is amazing in every scheme, because he put in the time, and work... and even the study to learn these schemes, and not only has he learned them, but he has mastered them, and this entire game....

you and i, and i would imagine most others just run ttrr maps for a long period of time, hours even... and thats our idea of practice....

but i can imagine mablak spending that amount of time and more (when he was progressing) just on climbs, and hours and hours just on swoosh's and hours and hours on other ttrr moves... until he has it down 100% perfect...

mablak is the most dedicated wormer there is,  he has earned the title of the best.... dont f@#!in try to slander his name with a silly opinion dude...

ontopic: gl beating mablak times... i have watched some of his record replays and god damn...  seems impossible.... but obviously its not IMPOSSIBLE...  id like to see some of his challenges beat, will be a good battle.

Offline Flori

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2012, 06:04 PM »

ontopic: gl beating mablak times... i have watched some of his record replays and god damn...  seems impossible.... but obviously its not IMPOSSIBLE...  id like to see some of his challenges beat, will be a good battle.

:)

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2012, 06:49 PM »
I have idea about rrX try-out. You join automatically if you beat any of mablak records xD

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2012, 08:05 PM »
I think a lot of rope racers have proved themselves capable of beating Mablak's times.

Occasionally we'll get totally beaten by over 2 seconds, but often it will be by very small margins.  If it was several seconds all the time then I think we'd have something to worry about.  I think in the past there was less competition for Mablak but nowadays there are a number of ropers who can achieve similar times.

True, if Mablak is beaten then he does like to spend 20+ hours until he gets the record back, that is where the dedication comes in and perhaps this is a unique characteristic of his.

I think offline ttrr is a combination of skill and perseverance and as Avirex said, Mablak has lots of interest in being number 1, a kind of pride that helps him produce a little bit extra in a lot of ways.

I don't personally have any problem with not being the fastest.  I enjoy roping so much and practice enough to be able to keep my skills levels up enough to hold my own.  That's cool with me.  If I get within a second or two of any of the top times then I'll feel content enough to get on with the rest of my life.  I know that many top players could spend 30+ hours trying to get that golden run but most don't.  It's tough going sometimes.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 10:36 PM »
Even if someone beats his time on few maps, it doesn't mean that they've took his crown.. Someone would have to beat at least half of those 51 challenges to make him the second best.. ;)

On the other hand, don't make a "god" out of him, he's not "the best in every scheme" as avirex says, Dario owns him in inter, Komo owns him in bng, Cueshark owns him in SSR..  :P

Still, Mablak is the top when it comes to the best all-rounder wormers, which reminded me, there was some talking about Mablak vs Random00 in all schemes content about half a year ago or smth? Whappen' with that? Never happened?

Offline Flori

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2012, 12:06 AM »
Well Ramone I'll try to explain you our goal ^^
This is how we can resume RR standings :
1- mablak
2- Nobody
3- Nobody
4- Nobody
5- Around 10players + or - equal

Even if mablaks beats us sometimes by a very short time in challanges, the fadt that he got 51/51 gold makes his so far better than all others.
We dont except someone to get 1st place and Mab 2nd, I dont think this is ever possible, but when we look at the standings, it means that mablak got no challenge at his lvl, and thats true.

I dont think someone will a day fight for 1st place with him, but we would like the standings to look more like :
1- mablak
2- around 10 players + or - equal

I mean by that something like 45 gold by mab, 6 golds owned by other players that mab cant beat.
Makes him still N1, but us not "so" ridiculous comparing to him ;P
I believe some day someone will beat Mablak and he'll never beat it :) And if he does, it will be after 200 hours of tries, and yes he'll be still number one, but we will have the HONOR to put some challange to mab :)

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2012, 12:14 AM »
Yeah, challenges are largely about time invested. Some people like twistah think that this makes RR challenges useless, but it's basically the same principle as practicing to improve, they both cost time and effort. I'm glad to see closer and closer times, and I'd be more than happy to see a time that I truly can't beat, although my brain wouldn't allow me to leave such a time alone ;0.

I don't mind people being suspicious of me, but there's nothing that I could possibly be using. You're free to send any replay to Cybershadow or Deadcode to test for x-speed, beyond that, there's just double tapping macros, but if you look at finger rollers, I'd think you'd be able to see that my taps aren't quite as fast. FR taps usually have a 2 or 3 frame delay, most of my taps are maybe 4 frames, though I can sometimes exceed that in short bursts. I'll try to record a video with my iPod touch though.

Ahem Ramone, Dario and I are pretty closely matched, for example I beat him in the finals of both the last two ONL playoffs, and in the finals of the Jakka's recent cup, though he's beaten me plenty before.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2012, 12:54 AM »
Ahem Ramone, Dario and I are pretty closely matched, for example I beat him in the finals of both the last two ONL playoffs, and in the finals of the Jakka's recent cup, though he's beaten me plenty before.

:D Yeah dude, I know that it's a "photo-finish" between you and Dario in inter, it was just a friendly provocation to elicit your reaction on the subject..   ;) :P 

And I'll use this occasion to say that I'm your fan and that you're one of my favorite wormers of all the time..  :-*

Offline nappy

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2012, 01:14 AM »
You gotta love Mab. :) <3

P. S. One day I'll beat your ass in intermediate!!!

Offline Flori

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2012, 01:15 AM »
heh, being a fanboy is "lame" often, being Mablak fanboy ain't lame at all :)

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2012, 01:49 AM »
FR taps usually have a 2 or 3 frame delay, most of my taps are maybe 4 frames, though I can sometimes exceed that in short bursts
Just checked out my 1 space tapping, 4-5 frames delay, + Is that Im really cold, - Is that its the maximum I can do, in fact when I rope I tapping much slower, I mean I got too small 1 space experience to control tap on its full speed...

Offline nino

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2012, 03:36 AM »
the only one that could beat mablak in TTRR is called nino, the king. Iam not interested ty, flw, bye ae putos.

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Husk

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2012, 04:07 AM »
the only one that could beat mablak in TTRR is called nino, the king. Iam not interested ty, flw, bye ae putos.

I agree 100% xDDDDDDddddd (better agree with king or he will get u beheaded!!!!!)