Forums
April 25, 2024, 02:42 PM

Author Topic: All Against Mablak  (Read 16276 times)

Re: All Against Mablak
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2012, 09:47 PM »
maybe its sounds stupid, but for roping those old keyboards is better then razor and all super logitech etc 

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2012, 09:49 PM »

And ropa, as much as I like reminiscing about the good ol' days, people will always play with whatever method they think is best. Maybe some people take harder or easier routes to learning things, who cares? Of course, if someone managed to rope well with their toes, that would be really amazing and deserving of respect, but we shouldn't withhold respect from people who take the most efficient route; that should be the expected route, if anything.

Cool story but I don't see how that's relevant to what I said, it certainly doesn't oppose to it. Unless you're saying I shouldn't mock FR, in which case fair enough, feedback noted (and archived), mocking it might be going too far, let's just agree that on the overall grand scheme of things and when judging actual players, FR is just a gimmick.

maybe its sounds stupid, but for roping those old keyboards is better then razor and all super logitech etc 

it's not stupid, it's pretty close to common knowledge I'd say. IBM series M mechanical gold/silver contacts(the 1992 keyboards) remain as one of the most responsive keyboards up to date. Goes without saying it's amazing for roping.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Flori

« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2012, 10:45 PM »
yeah IBM was anubis kb too

Offline Free

« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2012, 10:51 PM »
Mechanical is the best I'd say.

Razer (I have Blackwidow) and Steelseries make mechanical kb's nowadays also. Maybe other companies too.

My keyboard makes hella noise. I love the sound though.

Offline franz

« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2012, 11:04 PM »
yeah mablak, also been using the older style Dell SK-8110 for as long as I can remember (copier :p ), but I've always wanted to try one of those nice gaming mechanical keyboards, like steelseries 6gv2, just to see how they are with roping.  never wanted to pay that much for a keyboard though, oh well :p

« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2012, 11:24 PM »
So, I bought a Leopold mechanical, I have to say, unless you get used to them from the start of your worming career, it's probably not worth it. The actuation happens when the key is halfway pressed down, so if you twitch with the key below that spot, it results in a lot of undetected presses.

However, now they do sell these little rubber rings for mechanical kbs, which act just like the paper that I have under my spacebar, reducing the travel time of the key so it bottoms out at nearly the same time as the actuation happens. I'm not sure how well these work, would be cool if someone could find out.

Offline rU`

« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2012, 12:27 AM »
DELLs are the best kbs. The only bad thing is you risk getting caught if it mysteriously dissapears from the office.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:28 AM by Leroy »
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2012, 07:14 AM »
This is all just my opinion, so if you don't agree with it, just say that, don't start swearing and acting like a faggot.

Anubis was the "best" because of modified equipment, I could easily say, including myself, there are at least 20-30 players who could have been as good/better if they looked into modified equipment.

For me, Volrin is/was and always will be, the greatest Roper/Warmer of all time, I don't care what anyone else says lol.

Mablak is the best atm, his equipment is modified too I believe?

Alot of us other "best warmer players" from like, 7-13 years ago used normal, standard, box ready equipment, but Anubis and Mablak are the clever ones for finding better ways to get better, how silly of the rest of us !

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2012, 09:55 AM »
Anubis was the "best" because of modified equipment, I could easily say, including myself, there are at least 20-30 players who could have been as good/better if they looked into modified equipment.

Hahahahhahahahahahaha.

Anubis could out rope you (or anyone) using one finger and no taps, you'd knew this if you were active when he heavily into roping (in WWP and a couple of years after it).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:59 AM by ropa »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2012, 10:38 AM »
Volrin, saltyk9, and probably some other top warmer players did what I do by putting paper under the spacebar. You're acting like there's some kind of standard kb, but there's not; people start off with different keyboards, and different sensitivities of keys, and we've always allowed any range of sensitivity. You could manufacture a kb with an even more sensitive spacebar than the one I have, and it'd be considered legal.

I'd agree that it would be unfair if people had to pay $100 or more to get a more sensitive spacebar, and there was no other way to go about it. But putting paper under your space is easy, and accessible to everyone. People should be able to play on whatever input device they like, so long as there are no macros involved, and it's button-based in a way such that the game takes exactly one input for each one press of a given key.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2012, 11:00 AM »

Hahahahhahahahahahaha.

Anubis could out rope you (or anyone) using one finger and no taps, you'd knew this if you were active when he heavily into roping (in WWP and a couple of years after it).

Lmao, trust me, me and Kai used to play alot, I actually kinda inspired him. Who you think you are man?

Mab, I didn't know they did that lol, I always used a standard keyboard and never used keychanger lol...

Makes me wonder how much better i'd have been if I got into the technical aspects lol...

I see how it's more possible under those conditions.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2012, 11:14 AM »

Lmao, trust me, me and Kai used to play alot, I actually kinda inspired him. Who you think you are man?

Mab, I didn't know they did that lol, I always used a standard keyboard and never used keychanger lol...

Makes me wonder how much better i'd have been if I got into the technical aspects lol...

I see how it's more possible under those conditions.

Doesn't take away the fact what you said was completely retarded. In fact, Anubis is also laughing, he's just too polite to admit it.

30 players better than Anubis if they stuck a paper under their spacebars, jajajajajajaja.

You're a delusional joke. But at least I'm not embarrassed by your posts anymore.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2012, 02:19 PM »
hah nice video Mab, nice to see you, you look like a cool dude
worm and learn

Offline Anubis

« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2012, 03:26 PM »
I don't think I came up with moddable kbs, Wargod gave me the hint to try it. I said to Wargod that I need a new kb that is more sensitive and he replied why don't you try to put something under your space? I can't remember if he said it for fun or actually had experience with it. But I definitely didn't come up with it myself, I just took it to a whole new dimension. And about the "I only can rope good with modded kbs": I was into Jmoberg roping with my old IBM Model M keyboard (the one with the click). A mechanical keyboard that you can't mod because it uses the buckling spring technology which doesn't work if you try to modify it or put something under it. But it would be my favorite roping style I could develop. It was also the keyboard I had when I won the style contest in 2008/9? and quit right after that, what I never told anyone is, that right after that WO my IBM kb died. Modern kb's just feel shit compared to old ones and I was f@#!ing sick of modding my kb for hours to make it similiar in feel to the unmodded one. So yeah, I didn't quit because I love WoW so much, I played W:A and WoW simultaneously for 2 years. Even nowadays when I rope a bit offline or do a game online it feels shit with this one (actually it's good for a modern one but I know that I could rope a lot better with my old).

Not gonna waste my time with inferior roping. :D

Offline wza

« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2014, 10:14 AM »
So has anyone taken any of his records yet? If so is there another organized section or thread for this?