Forums
April 20, 2024, 01:23 PM

Author Topic: All Against Mablak  (Read 16159 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: All Against Mablak
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2014, 10:38 AM »
Statik has taken away many of his gold medals.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2014, 10:49 AM »

« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2014, 02:16 PM »
https://www.tus-wa.com/profile/Mablak/challenges/

https://www.tus-wa.com/profile/Statik/challenges/ :D

I see this topic for the first time, it's funny that Komo thinks Mablak uses cheats xD

He used some kind of doping tho, like Red Bull, but considering many people here play stoned, it's not a problem ;D

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2014, 03:17 PM »
i use middle finger too! :DD btw i didn't know about this post.. it's very funny! mab is the best allrounder :)

Offline Hussar

« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2014, 05:32 PM »
Wow Statik i take back my words.. YOU are the MAN here ! :D

Offline avirex

« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2014, 07:17 PM »
I was just saying, for me it'd be cool to see all this go down, in a LAN competition, something I was looking into sponsoring and doing in the future, for anyone interested, but it's a while away, was gonna keep this idea a secret but f@#! it, I have tons of ideas for all kinds of shit lol.

Of course participants would have the option of bringing their own equipment, but it'd have to be checked of course.

Now tell me, you wouldn't just DIE to be able to do this, with all the best players you compete with regulary, in a proper sponsored show.

TTRR is about the only scheme worthy of such live feed and excitement and true competitive fever that people who don't even need to know what WA is, would be impressed.

Seriously, I would die to see all you guys faces and reactions and sportsmanship, in a real live sponsored event, it'd be a MASSIVE success.

lmfao this post is gold... this entire thread is gold!! thank you for bringing it back to life wza!!!

hahha komo cracks me up, i seen him in AG just now, and we discusses some of his silly posts.. but he told me he still stands by anything he has ever said, so i linked him here... he told me he still stands by this post as well!!!

so everyone get ready for KomoCon 2014!! all hotel and airfare will be payed for by Komoito Enterprises coming soon :D

Offline Crazy

« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2014, 10:50 PM »
Cool to see him back!!

Offline avirex

« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2014, 07:30 PM »
yes, we had a nice talk actually, we laughed about or past behaviors, and despite him not thinking atleast some things he said in the past were silly, and saying he stands by all of it.....

he did seem cool, chill, and relaxed, which is different from the high strung komo we all learned to love..

hopefully he will come back to furms next, but i dont think that will happen, from what he told me.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2014, 09:03 PM »
hopefully he will come back to furms next, but i dont think that will happen, from what he told me.
he will.  only a matter of time.  he was never going to play worms again, remember?

Offline skunk3

« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2016, 06:35 PM »
I dunno why I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I just had to say something:

I've always felt like there was something really strange about Mablak. I remember playing with him many years ago (before he inexplicably got good) and he was an average to below-average player. I remember this clearly, and was extremely active at the time. Then, summer comes. I stop playing for the summer (don't remember the year) to, well, enjoy summer.. and I come back to W:A after several months of break time. After I come back, Mab is all of a sudden raping people. I didn't understand it then, and I don't understand it now. I have never seen someone get so good in such a short period of time. He wasn't always the player most people know him as... he was totally mediocre, and then in the span of 3-4 months he become an excellent player. I can't wrap my head around it. *shrug*

Offline sock

« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2016, 06:38 PM »

I've always felt like there was something really strange about Mablak. I remember playing with him many years ago (before he inexplicably got good) and he was an average to below-average player. I remember this clearly, and was extremely active at the time. Then, summer comes. I stop playing for the summer (don't remember the year) to, well, enjoy summer.. and I come back to W:A after several months of break time. After I come back, Mab is all of a sudden raping people. I didn't understand it then, and I don't understand it now. I have never seen someone get so good in such a short period of time. He wasn't always the player most people know him as... he was totally mediocre, and then in the span of 3-4 months he become an excellent player. I can't wrap my head around it. *shrug*

am still trying 2 also

Offline ANO

« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2016, 06:46 PM »

Mablak found this auhuahua

« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2016, 07:58 PM »
That's so weird skunk, I never noticed getting a skill jump like that, except when I first came to WA from WWP and started leagues for the first time, like 02-03.

I do remember one thing I did that boosted my TTRR skills; a long time ago I gave myself the challenge of beating all 50 QP maps in under 60 secs, and worked on that for a month or two. It seemed really hard at the time since TTRR was only just emerging, though now a bunch of people can do this. But I went from 'this might be impossible' to 'damn this is easy'.

Offline sock

« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2016, 08:09 PM »
That's so weird skunk, I never noticed getting a skill jump like that, except when I first came to WA from WWP and started leagues for the first time, like 02-03.

I do remember one thing I did that boosted my TTRR skills; a long time ago I gave myself the challenge of beating all 50 QP maps in under 60 secs, and worked on that for a month or two. It seemed really hard at the time since TTRR was only just emerging, though now a bunch of people can do this. But I went from 'this might be impossible' to 'damn this is easy'.

good story

Offline skunk3

« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2016, 08:12 PM »

I definitely noticed it dude. We used to play a lot back in the day and it's really inexplicable. I even said this to you back then. I was like 'WTF man have you been doing nothing but playing 24/7 since I left?' lol

TBH I don't know if we were playing W:A or WWP at the time. I played WWP exclusively for quite some time after it came out, but eventually went back to W:A. All I know is that it's really weird, like the real you died in a car wreck and your parents had you rebuilt like the 6 Million Dollar Man without telling you. (Or Robocop, or Goku going into the time chamber) The difference in skill in just a few short months was definitely noticeable. When I came back I asked someone in AG who would be good for some serious competition and they said Mablak. I was like... seriously? Then we played a couple of games some time after that and I noticed that you were wayyyyyy better than before. Like, to a shocking degree.

I've never seen anyone improve so much in such a short amount of time. You must have been playing a LOT, or sold your soul to the devil.