Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:43 PM

Author Topic: All Against Mablak  (Read 16038 times)

Re: All Against Mablak
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2016, 08:49 PM »
Fascinating dude o_o. I was always playing a lot back then though... the super saiyan powerup could've happened during a summer when I had more time than usual. I mostly remember playing funners with you though, maybe part of the explanation was that you didn't see much of my 'league' side at the time.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2016, 08:57 PM »
I was just saying, for me it'd be cool to see all this go down, in a LAN competition, something I was looking into sponsoring and doing in the future, for anyone interested, but it's a while away, was gonna keep this idea a secret but f@#! it, I have tons of ideas for all kinds of shit lol.

Of course participants would have the option of bringing their own equipment, but it'd have to be checked of course.

Now tell me, you wouldn't just DIE to be able to do this, with all the best players you compete with regulary, in a proper sponsored show.

TTRR is about the only scheme worthy of such live feed and excitement and true competitive fever that people who don't even need to know what WA is, would be impressed.

Seriously, I would die to see all you guys faces and reactions and sportsmanship, in a real live sponsored event, it'd be a MASSIVE success.

lmfao this post is gold... this entire thread is gold!! thank you for bringing it back to life wza!!!

hahha komo cracks me up, i seen him in AG just now, and we discusses some of his silly posts.. but he told me he still stands by anything he has ever said, so i linked him here... he told me he still stands by this post as well!!!

so everyone get ready for KomoCon 2014!! all hotel and airfare will be payed for by Komoito Enterprises coming soon :D

obv before darts :)

Offline Anubis

« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2016, 01:41 PM »
Fascinating dude o_o. I was always playing a lot back then though... the super saiyan powerup could've happened during a summer when I had more time than usual. I mostly remember playing funners with you though, maybe part of the explanation was that you didn't see much of my 'league' side at the time.

Sounds like you would fit in the KameHouse, Cody.

I remember Mablak quite well, he used to do these weird pumps where he just endlessly smacked the worm against the wall/land and then released after like 3-4 seconds. Always made fun of it. :D You can get good at Worms quite quickly, you just sit down and learn offline, that's the good part about it. Most other games require you to "fight" other people. But in W:A you kind of do PvE content where you can practice offline all day against yourself. Maps are the same as online and so are the physics so you can become a god at it without any online presence.

« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2016, 08:02 PM »
That's true, I shifted from constant pumps to more fast-timing moves. Those pumps were the shit man, the only problem is that you can't prove you're doing them all intentionally, and they also take time away from other moves! They didn't really catch on though. Someday.

Yeah there could be a prodigy who's been leveling up for the past 16 years in a secret Russian bunker, practicing at 50 times normal gravity and getting electric shocks whenever their worm stops moving at max speed. We would be like flies to such an ubermensch.

Offline Triad

« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2016, 08:14 PM »
Yeah there could be a prodigy who's been leveling up for the past 16 years in a secret Russian bunker, practicing at 50 times normal gravity and getting electric shocks whenever their worm stops moving at max speed. We would be like flies to such an ubermensch.
Reminds me Rocky IV. Don't share same fate with Apollo if that happens!

Offline Hurz

« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2016, 09:54 PM »
main reason why ill stay more noob than pro :) practicing alone just bores the shit outta me, even challies i use to stop after few attempts. community games are it.

Offline Husk

« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2016, 07:01 AM »
Those pumps were the shit man, the only problem is that you can't prove you're doing them all intentionally, and they also take time away from other moves! They didn't really catch on though. Someday.

there was someone I used to play warmers with who did those ~8 touch pumps and outlaws, he did them quite alot and they worked, maybe that someone was u? =P

also yanme'e got really good in warmers just before he quit and started taking LoL more seriously, maybe it was yanme'e?