Forums
April 20, 2024, 07:33 AM

Author Topic: Big RR Challenges Idea  (Read 898 times)

Offline Triad

Big RR Challenges Idea
« on: June 24, 2013, 07:48 AM »
Hi guys,

In my clan site, i am hosting some big rr challenges called RRC(Rope Race Challenges) with a scheme including some rubberworm stuff.

In the scheme, sdet (shot doesn't end turn) and ldet (loss of control doesn't end turn) has enabled. So, if you fail, your turn wont end. Your turn never ends unless if you plop your worm. This is usefull for large big rr maps.

So whats your opinion about this?

RRC SCHEME:
* RRC.wsc (0.29 kB - downloaded 49 times.)

Offline Xrayez

Re: Big RR Challenges Idea
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 10:32 AM »
I would turn antisink on as well to prevent "fuuuu" moments  :D  With that feature some players will play those challenges with more enthusiasm IMO.

Offline Triad

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 11:40 AM »
nah :D theres fuuuu moments in ttrr too ;D with antisink challenge would be so easier. And think this, if you started roping from start and never fall to ground, when you sink you will start from start again :D

Offline Rogi

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 01:56 PM »
my humble.
what is the point of challenges? to make your best time, and u offer play it with "ldet\sdet", i wont finish map after few fails, just to be finished, coz obviously, those fail will take many seconds, when i need my best time.
but in ttrr it's easier, u can finish map 100 times and get ur best time, and in big rr u need 5-10 min just for finish map...  and it's boring, ppls just trying to finish with any time and forgots challenge.
Sometimes i can play ttrr many hours, coz i enjoy of every succesefull run, i can anylize my rope, tricks what i use, and try finish again when i need 40-60s. Sure it's boring sometimes, but more bigrr more boring than it.

okOkoK close it rogi, nobody understand u, ur english sux xDDD
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline DENnis

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 02:31 PM »
Yes, long maps are not suitable for a challenge like that, but there are some real short maps where it could work, too. A "failfree" run is difficult, but when the map is not too long it still works good after some tries I think.

I tried it only one time yet and there's another tactic then, because you can play with losing control, like going faster at edges and doing risky swooshes where a crash would cause lose of control normally but then the chute opens and you can go on roping.

For practising it can be useful and I think on short maps where you need maximal 2 or 3 minutes to finish a challenge like that could also work good.