Forums
April 25, 2024, 05:50 PM

Author Topic: Just an Idea ! BEAT THE KING !!!  (Read 4972 times)

Offline SpideR

Re: Just an Idea ! BEAT THE KING !!!
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 09:59 PM »
There should be a score system as well as the counting of time and players someone stayed on the throne.

Strawberria fields forever!

Offline timo

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 10:05 PM »

Non stop!!
Someone just need start (host as first)  scheme which he wants to choose.
When we have allready have scheme hosted. for example TTRR - challange stays forever and we changing only "current king"

Ok, noone  beat Statik, He will King forever hehe

Offline barman

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 10:21 PM »
I'm glad people like my original ideas so much ;D

When I tried to run a similar 2v2 challenge with Peja, it died within like one day because people didn't seem to be bothered to take it seriously. You might like to come up with a good idea to motivate the current "king" to keep on playing. And you need to note that the he/she can't really win anything by playing, any activity equals either losing or merely preserving the title. This pretty much violates the point of the challenge from his/her point of view, which may quickly result in a lack of interest as long as someone gains the title.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 06:24 AM »
I like this idea.

I think it should be implemented in the leagues. But we specify the king to be someone and other players gotta register on site to challenge him so that normal league games won't affect it.

We shouldn't hold time as a record (like he is holding the title for 1 month), but only number of games.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 06:44 AM »
I like this idea.

Good to hear :)

We shouldn't hold time as a record (like he is holding the title for 1 month), but only number of games.

So we need ranks mby ?   which could depends from the number of won games....... dunno

Anyway...... Try MI to start this project, it shouldnt be hard besides layout of site;

when we woulda have this started then we can talk about all small things and rules.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 01:06 PM »
Just manage it like boxing is managed.  Substitute "king" for "championship belt," and you could use the IBF unification guidelines.  If you avoid like boxers sometimes do, you are ordered by the governing body to fight a certain opponent or lose your belt.  It's a great idea for tus, but bottom line you would have to do a ladder-based system to choose an opponent for an avoiding "king" and we have all seen how those have worked since case's ladder.  Also, we already have an avoiding king on tus, and the best part is everyone knows his name without me mentioning it lol ;D

Offline sm0k

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 03:24 PM »
i like this idea too.

there should be more risk in it (: this games shall count to tus overall stats. ;p so even if u re the king and u fight for this title , u can still win some points, more motivation for a king to accept all opponents ;p

Offline Hussar

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2013, 03:47 PM »
i like this idea too.

there should be more risk in it (: this games shall count to tus overall stats. ;p so even if u re the king and u fight for this title , u can still win some points, more motivation for a king to accept all opponents ;p

Yea ! i think then if u wanna challange someone and fight for fame ang glory there should be a risk also.

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2013, 05:57 PM »

Yeah, that's what I thought, we would be better off handling inactive players if we got rid of the time records altogether.

Offline Husk

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 11:31 PM »
how to declare the kings of each scheme before the challenging begins? by checking each scheme's top overall rating players?

Offline Hussar

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2013, 06:16 AM »
how to declare the kings of each scheme before the challenging begins? by checking each scheme's top overall rating players?

Nope coz many players from top are inactive.

Who will be first - will host a scheme as first - he will be first king to beat.

Offline ANO

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2013, 09:44 AM »
Why don't you put a roster?

Like an entry challenge, who pass that is inside the circle. For sure work for ttrr, like on a Nail map wormers who cannot do less than 47 are out, it's easy. But you can set also for WxW like touching 4 walls in 15 secs. NOt super pro time or time that people spend hours to do. Just a normal time that you can do from cold with wasting time. ROper the same: wxw x2.

For bng dunno, something like destroying a worms of 100 hp in 3 minutes (you create the map putting a red cross where the worms has to be put in)

elite dunno, ...

Offline Hussar

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2013, 10:33 AM »
no no, everyone can participate in challange. King is just waiting when someone will click button on tus page - then someone will do it as first then others,then he is pretendent now and they have to arrange their games asap and thats how it should work..

Offline ANO

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2013, 12:49 PM »
Now then I m seeing nonbody is playing is ok! But what if many people will get active again??? Long cue of pretenders? Well, I know this possibility is hard nowdays! 

Offline sm0k

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2013, 01:46 PM »
would be simple to make just cups to decide who gonna start as the first king ;p  like ttrr king cup, elite king cup, ..