Forums
April 24, 2024, 12:30 PM

Author Topic: TTRR times in league games  (Read 2109 times)

Offline HHC

TTRR times in league games
« on: February 08, 2013, 01:51 PM »
Hey guys and girls.

I'm trying to collect some RR times from league games, to get a better view on what times I should be aiming for in my practice sessions. I've made two lists so far, one with the top times for Camelo TTRR #1 and one for Camelo #2. Ill try to add more in the future, but it's a pretty time consuming, mind numbing thing to do  ;)

Neway, the list of times are in the notepad. They can be a nice target for RR'ers of any level.

Camelo #1: (only 5 records...)
Top time: 48, by Asbest: https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-118403/

Map d/l link: https://www.tus-wa.com/maps/map-324/

Camelo #2: (56 records)
Top time: 38, by the following players in the following games:
Dubstep/Shaggy: https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-88398/
barman: https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-99478/
Lukz: https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-123483/
(oddly enough, all 3 best times realized in clan games and not in single player  ???)

Map d/l link: https://www.tus-wa.com/maps/map-325/

The complete list of records (times) is in the attachment  :)
Ill do some more if people are interested.

Offline chakkman

Re: TTRR times in league games
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 02:43 PM »
You wanna aim for the best times? I just can talk about myself, but for me that would be pretty frustrating, as i just don't have the skill to do a 38 on such a map e.g. You better aim for something like 45 on most of these maps. There are a few NC maps which are a bit tighter, in the style of AZ01 and Eminef maps, but on most of these i think 44-45 is pretty okaish. Of course, if you want to beat the good guys, you gotta go like 40-42, but then, i guess you just want to improve a bit, so rather aim for something a bit slower. :) Also, if you don't call a good keyboard your own, or remapped your space to a key which allows quick taps, i guess you will be hindered by the hardware pretty much.

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 02:58 PM »
I'm making real progress here chakk. I changed from middle finger taps to index ones, like a normal person lol. Does miracles for reaction time & feeling. That and roping on auto-pilot instead of trying too hard. I think i'm getting closer to the better times now. I might surprise you in our next clanner :)

Posted these times to give people something to aim for. In the challenge thread it was already mentioned people dont like to waste their whole day on a single map and for some people the top times there are far out of reach. This gives them something to measure their skill against good, but also not so good players.

Offline Husk

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 03:04 PM »
Also, if you don't call a good keyboard your own, or remapped your space to a key which allows quick taps, i guess you will be hindered by the hardware pretty much.

not too much tho, some of the top rrers have keylock

Offline chakkman

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 03:18 PM »
I see. I couldn't rope with keylock, but it's probably more a matter of getting used to it i guess.

Good job on your progress HHC. Don't get too good, RoH still has to be able to beat TdC. :P

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 03:22 PM »
I changed from middle finger taps to index ones, like a normal person lol.
Im roping with big finger, it gives ya awesome control (cuz well, its short) and tapping speed is 2-3 frames/tap

Offline ANO

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 03:28 PM »
I personally use the Iron Cobra!

Offline ANO

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 03:32 PM »
Ok, ok sorry :( DDD

Maybe a good deal should be doing the Nail's and try to go for 40 secs or less...
But to start you should try to be at least under 50, 47, 45, 43 etc...

They are large maps, you can understand some things...

After reduce the size, like Camel, they are easy and a bit smaller... 50-40 time

After you can go for EMinef, Azo, fluffie, etc etc...

I don't think a time on a particular map can help you so much... FOr that just try to do the challenges...

Offline HHC

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 08:31 PM »
Impo suggested Camel > Nail > Eminef  :)

I dunno. It seems to me the tightest are maybe the easiest. Especially on the wide ones you need a good/perfect technique to 'fly' around the corners. Tighter maps seem a bit more forgiving.

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 09:18 PM »
well, there is also bonus map pack, the point is that when I was newbie I mostly practised on nc/nail mappack meanwhile bonus mappack didnt out yet, those are awesome to play, you feel them good and they are pretty simple to finish, eminef/azo1 feels very good too, but they are harder, fluffy (from 101-151 maps I guess, 2nd pack) feels awesome as well, but they are tighter and harder them emin/azo1 to finish, also angus, i would put it between emin/azo1 and fluffy

Offline Rogi

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 02:02 PM »
FFIEs maps! only hardcore. fen understnd me
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline Fenice

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 03:15 PM »
Hahaha indeed Rogi, cool maps, but I still can't believe we played those "Hermit's Evil Maps" as time trial.  :D

Offline Rogi

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 05:58 PM »
yea, they as if say you "you can't finish me, i'm not the f@#!ing easy linemap. You are noobyy"
xD it's really serious challenge xDD
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline Prankster

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2013, 07:00 AM »
Im roping with big finger, it gives ya awesome control (cuz well, its short) and tapping speed is 2-3 frames/tap

At first I wanted to write how extremely uncomfortable using thumb for me because of the lateral movement, but then realized I use it too sometimes. Seems like my left thumb adapted! :) (right one is still very uncomfortable and way slower than any other finger)
But. 2-3 frames per tap? What does that even mean, 2-3 frames between two taps (= releasing and firing rope again)? I hope you are aware that one frame is 0.02 seconds, so you're talking 0.04-0.06 seconds between taps. That's hardly possible.