Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:18 PM

Author Topic: Want to host a challenge? (Mod request)  (Read 48995 times)

Online MonkeyIsland

Re: Want to host a challenge? (Mod request)
« Reply #405 on: August 01, 2022, 06:49 AM »
Gave permission to you both.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Online kirill470

« Reply #406 on: August 21, 2022, 07:00 AM »
I would like to create a new challenge for a newly created mission, plz
https://www.tus-wa.com/maps/map-19352/

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #407 on: August 21, 2022, 12:51 PM »
It's enabled.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Online kirill470

« Reply #408 on: September 10, 2022, 04:25 PM »
Hello, I would like to create a challenge to continue my story campaign for worms, please

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #409 on: September 10, 2022, 06:08 PM »
Sure go on.

Offline Zalo the moler

« Reply #410 on: September 10, 2022, 09:06 PM »
Hello, I would like to create a challenge to continue my story campaign for worms, please

:-* :-* :-*

Online Big Billy

« Reply #411 on: September 24, 2022, 04:34 PM »
Would like to start the second bigrr one. :)

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #412 on: September 24, 2022, 04:48 PM »
Permission is granted.

Online kirill470

« Reply #413 on: September 29, 2022, 11:11 AM »
I would like to continue my story campaign and do #4 challenge, thanks

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #414 on: September 29, 2022, 02:14 PM »
Go.

Online kirill470

« Reply #415 on: October 14, 2022, 03:41 AM »
Hello, I would like to create challenge #5 of the mission of my story company

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #416 on: October 14, 2022, 05:24 AM »
You can create the challenge.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #417 on: October 25, 2022, 02:41 AM »
Hello, I'd like to host my first TUS challenge. The challenge will debut the new Drive for Weapons map, the official release of the map, since the prototype received a lot of upgrades. The scheme will receive minor changes (only two). The icon might be updated + we might make a new icon 100x100 thinking on TUS 2.0 requirements for animated image on schemes' list.

We (sbs and I) also thought about asking Monkey Island to make a countdown (like challenges' deadline/expiration time) for the map/challenge release, that we plan to release in 1 week (1st November 2022), however we thought that this might be exagerated, since it could be bad if everybody had countdowns for every map release, not to say Monkey Island is already working on TUS 3.0 + TUS app and administring the website. It would be something very specific and new just for one map, and some players might not like the idea.

Anyway, after long periods of testings and brainstorming around this map with sbs, we are really satisfied with the result and we are proud of this project. After all the hardwork that made me leave Brazil to meet sbs in Mar del Plata (Argentina) in January for two weeks, and probably the opposite will happen (he may come to visit me in Curitiba in March), it's a bit sad to imagine that this map might not receive much attention from the community and might receive a troll tag on WMDB. We are aware of this possibility, but at least we enjoyed a lot creating all these stuff and playing this scheme (my favourite).

The challenge would begin in 1 week as I said and would last 1 month. If it receives a significant participation, we might create a tournament for this scheme/map, on a Sunday. This way, people would already be familiar with the gameplay and know the map route and its possibilities. Special medals will be made for this challenge and a special banner too probably.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #418 on: October 25, 2022, 08:17 AM »
You can host the challenge.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #419 on: October 25, 2022, 01:58 PM »
Thank you. I noticed that there's no field for a poster/image of the challenge, nor a field for the medals, at least I didn't find on the first screen when you click "submit a new challenge".

Are there any requirements for the custom medals images? Format, size, dimensions, colors? The image can only be attached externally? Any requirements?
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'