Forums
April 25, 2024, 11:05 AM

Poll

Should WxW challenge #3's scoring system be reused from time to time?

Yes
1 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: WxW challenges - official discussion thread  (Read 1525 times)

Offline LeTotalKiller

WxW challenges - official discussion thread
« on: December 14, 2013, 01:48 PM »
Hi,

so this is WxW challenges' discussion thread, which I'm going to use for polls and other questions.

So, first off, since I'm not much of a WxW'er, you guys probably know better which map should or shouldn't be used in WxW challenges. So it would be nice if maps (well, kind of maps, e.g. "w2w", "w6w", "big map", etc.) for future WxW challenges could be suggested and voted through this thread by you, WxW challenge players. ;) An agreement should be reached by each Friday, otherwise I'll have to resort to the few suggestions I had (but which no one else voted for).

And otherwise, I have a couple of questions to ask as well:
1- Which scoring system should be used? The one used in the first challenge, or the one used in the second challenge?
2- I might be asking a bit ahead, but I wonder if anyone could replace me whenever I can't host WxW challenges for some reason (or who could even rotate with me like it is done with Ab challies, where piki and I rotate each week unless unavailabilities occur to either of us).
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 02:35 PM by LeTotalKiller »

Re: WxW challenges - official discussion thread
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 01:54 PM »
rr -> big rr -> wxw -> shoppa challenges ??? xD

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 01:59 PM »
wxw -> shoppa challenges ??? xD

Well, to be fair, what I first had in mind was Shopper challenges (i.e. something with RW where you have to collect as many crates as possible until <some limit>), but then I realized WxW challenges were fairer and easier to put in place. ;)

Offline Masta

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 05:12 PM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 06:36 PM by Masta »

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 05:22 PM »
one thing i think everyone will agree with is, turn off auto-placement! alt-f4 until you get a good start is boring, and some people will do this (me), so you might as well just make it manual.

Right, I wasn't sure whether to enable manual placement or not. *Enabled from now on.*

also, i think you should bring back the system from last week but with a slight modification, let's not care about the precision so much, but just use whole seconds instead (e.g. 15.98 is 15). this will make it a bit easier to figure out the score, but also keep it balanced, and by that i mean that it's too easy too make a draw with the new system.

Well, the real question is, how easy is it to draw with the new system. I did that change in the second challenge based on the turn counts people had in the first one, which at my own surprise turned out to differ a lot. I'll keep the whole-second precision idea in mind though.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 06:13 PM by LeTotalKiller »

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 05:27 PM »
Maybe you could make php script like you did before (in abnormal) if it's possible and not so hard

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 05:34 PM »
If I were to use a PHP calculator, then instead of being recommended to fire a bazooka at the end of valid turns, it would be mandatory to do so (and ofc, do not use it in invalid turns). Would you guys agree with that change to the rules next time unused turn time would be part of the scoring?

Offline Rogi

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 06:09 PM »
imo, this idea is really shity, why u r all focus those challenges, lets play online games more.
did u see like ppls play ttrr challenge on easy maps, it's all about 0,01 seconds, the same here.  It's boring.

Anyway gl with that, lets see how much players will play it, dont forget add some money prices lmao
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 10:54 PM »
Well, it seems pretty likely that turn trial will be the mainly used scoring system (there also are draws in Ab challies anyway, for those who worry).

Now, should the 10-turn experimental system be kept for use from time to time (like, once every 2-3 months)?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 01:53 PM by LeTotalKiller »