Forums
May 02, 2024, 07:21 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Game #27317  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Random00

[SOLVED] Game #27317
« on: May 18, 2010, 12:58 PM »
Hi,
its about the 3rd game of my group stage Roper Cup games vs. Lukzeh. (https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/download/game-27317-3/)
And its not really a complaint, its more of a question what to do in such a case.
The relevant scene starts at 9:35.
Lukzeh blocked me and in my next turn I failed to catch my crate. Then Lukzeh was (because of his blocked) for sure not allowed to attack me in his next turn, but he took both crates on the map, which means he also stole my crate, which I think I would have catched the turn before, if I wasnt blocked.
Is there any specific rule about such a case?
and if not, could we just set one for possible problems in upcoming games?

Offline Ray

Re: Game #27317
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 02:41 PM »
Quote from: WookA - Roper Rules
No blocking. if you block and your opponent doesn't attack you must ONLY  collect your crate on the next turn, if your opponent is still able to attack you then you have a 5sec penalty at the beginning of your turn but your allowed to attack

This is not crystal clear to me, but I think it means you may not collect the other create in such case. :-\

Offline Random00

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 03:19 PM »
ye, but what if he just collects both crates, like it happened in this game?

Offline darKz

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 06:07 PM »
IMO it's common sense that you're not allowed to take your opponent's crate after you blocked him. :P
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Rok

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 06:20 PM »
ye, but what if he just collects both crates, like it happened in this game?

IMO, he should simply skip next turn and give you 2 crates.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 08:39 PM »
it's Camperz' cup, so I'll let him decide :)

Online Camper

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 08:42 PM »
I didnt see game yet, But i think that,   You arent allowed to got the opponent's cr8 if you had blocked him.
Hi,

And its not really a complaint, its more of a question what to do in such a case.

But, are you asking 4 rm or not ?

Offline Random00

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 10:43 PM »
I dont think rm would be fair in this point, I mean I was just bad at roping at this day and I didnt deserve winning.
Plus: its not that important to me, because I reached the KO-Stage. No big deal if I got there as first or second.
I just wanted to know this, cause it can also happen in games that are more important or w/e, so now I know and I think its all fine :D

Online Camper

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 01:47 AM »
well, okay.
Solved?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 04:37 AM »
A cow penalty in roper normally is collecting your crate and skip. But that's cowing other than 'block'.

AFAIK, for blocking, you have to "stay still" the seconds it took for your opponent to get out of the block. In your case, it took 5 secs. Then Lukz had to start his then at the second 10.
The better solution maybe could be: he attack you but not collect your crate but he chose to collect your crate and not attack.

His crate + attack = 20 + 47 = 67 HP
Your crate + his crate = 20 + 20 = 40 HP

I think the result turned out better for you.
(The only thing that made it more complicated was that you failed to fire so that you could use your 10s retreat)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Rok

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 07:33 AM »
To sum it up:

You get blocked and
     1) you didn't neither get the crate nor attack:   opponent leaves your crate and does not attack.
     2) you got the crate but didn't attack:             opponent does not attack.
     3) you still got the crate and attack:               5 seconds penalty for your opponent (or more if it
                                                                    took you more time to get out of the block)

In the last case, you can decide for the fair play option and don't ask you opponent to take time penalty.

Now in the first case if opponent grabs your crate while he should leave it, he should completely skip his next turn and leave you 2 crates, while you skip one attack. That should completely even out the healths like it was before the block. Any thoughts?
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Random00

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 02:21 PM »
A cow penalty in roper normally is collecting your crate and skip. But that's cowing other than 'block'.

AFAIK, for blocking, you have to "stay still" the seconds it took for your opponent to get out of the block. In your case, it took 5 secs. Then Lukz had to start his then at the second 10.
The better solution maybe could be: he attack you but not collect your crate but he chose to collect your crate and not attack.

This is no good idea, cause you could use blocking as a strategy then. And since blocking is breaking the rules you should get some real penalty imo.
It must just give you some disadvantage to block. Otherwise you could use it for example to come back in a game where its 40hp vs. 80hp ;d

To sum it up:

You get blocked and
     1) you didn't neither get the crate nor attack:   opponent leaves your crate and does not attack.
     2) you got the crate but didn't attack:             opponent does not attack.
     3) you still got the crate and attack:               5 seconds penalty for your opponent (or more if it
                                                                    took you more time to get out of the block)

In the last case, you can decide for the fair play option and don't ask you opponent to take time penalty.

Now in the first case if opponent grabs your crate while he should leave it, he should completely skip his next turn and leave you 2 crates, while you skip one attack. That should completely even out the healths like it was before the block. Any thoughts?

Good post, totally agree with this :)

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 12:47 PM »
Rok's suggestion seems quite good :)
If it's alright with you, Random, I'll set this topic to solved then! If not, let me know and I'll reopen it.