Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:10 PM

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Pending games thing  (Read 2363 times)

Offline HHC

[SOLVED] Pending games thing
« on: February 06, 2013, 11:40 AM »
I'd like to see the pending games of all ACTIVE cups only.

Right now I got 14 such games cause it says Pending Games [14], but when I click on this link I get a list of all pending games, for both active and dead cups.
A seperate list of 'current' games would be nicer, or even just these 14 games highlighted on the list.

Even better would be deadlines showing in that list as well. So I know how many days I have more to play each of them.

Offline Albino

Re: Pending games thing
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 12:25 PM »
Yea, that's annoying. I still see some PO games from first season.

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 03:00 PM »
Indeed, if it may be better to do as well as they are now, 2 buttons: all pending games and current unplayed games. After all, in cups introduced a feature that allows players to avoid with a smaller percentage of games. The button ALL PENDING also needs to be.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 03:37 PM »
Fixing pending game is now the first item on my list. I'll try to do it in less than a month.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline HHC

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 03:39 PM »
good thing it isn't last on the list then  :D

but ty MI. Looking forward to it  :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 03:51 PM »
There were translations and homepage stuff before it which got done 2 days ago. :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 10:42 PM »
How is it looking now, HHC? :)

Offline HHC

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 09:12 AM »
sharp  ;)

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2013, 10:48 AM »
While we are on the subject of Pending Games...

I have 1 pending game Vs jot in the Hysteria Cup, we basically agreed not to play because we were both knocked out, it's happened in the past before as well, where I have lost enough games that I have been knocked out of a cup, there is absolutely no point in finishing the remaining games.

Can I ask why this affects our "games played" ratio even though I usually manage to play my Cup games extremely fast? Up until the point where I am knocked out/have 0% chance of proceeding.

And also, there was a cup I forfeited from because of other commitments, I informed the MOD to remove me, and I was left in, and because of this it affected my games played ratio, surely pulling out of a Cup with enough notice to be replaced should not affect your %? I think this happened twice, but definitely once.

Offline HHC

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 10:59 AM »
You're supposed to play it anyway, to make the schedule complete.

I personally feel that those games, in which you had other commitments, should be included as well. It's not good for a mod to have players dropping out in the midst of a cup, no matter how good the excuse is. It's not always easy to find a replacement.

Some of these pending games create weird situations I agree with that, but that's just how it is. Sometimes by winning a pending game you advance in a group instead of someone else, but it's too late to overturn things now  ;)
Yesterday I won a game vs Dmitry which was actually a bronze game match. In the cup Dmi had been rewarded the bronze cause I apparently failed to show, while yesterday I came out as the winner. So now it says I won the bronze match, but Dmi actually got the medal  ;D

Offline HHC

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 11:12 AM »
Oi:

It shows Pending games [3], but lists 5?  :o I take it the DE k/o match vs Orel and the p/o vs CAT isnt counted. Count it  ;)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 11:18 AM »
I made a last check on cases that slipped out of hands and put a Recount button in that page. Is it fixing the number count?

(Edit, I think I know why that mismatch happened, you reported a game which was in a finished cup, but system decreased your number anyway, thanks for the bug)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:20 AM by MonkeyIsland »

Offline Hussar

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 11:25 AM »
everythings is perfect for me, only system shows we 1 uncorrect pending game https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/HAL-playoffs/?s=1 vs sbaffo

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 11:26 AM »
You're supposed to play it anyway, to make the schedule complete.

I personally feel that those games, in which you had other commitments, should be included as well. It's not good for a mod to have players dropping out in the midst of a cup, no matter how good the excuse is. It's not always easy to find a replacement.

HHC, would you stand around in the rain for 30 minutes for absolutely no reason? I really don't think you would, and no one should expect you to. That's what playing games like this feels like, a complete and utter unnecessary & uncomfortable waste of time. Besides, it doesn't affect the outcome of the Cup whatsoever in this kind of circumstance, honestly, there is absolutely NO need to expect players to finish Cup games when they have 0% chance of advancing, unless the OTHER player CAN advance, but in our situation, me/jot were both 100% out.

The 2nd thing, it wasn't in the midst of a cup, it had just started... When did you become mini-hitler lol?

Offline HHC

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 11:35 AM »
I made a last check on cases that slipped out of hands and put a Recount button in that page. Is it fixing the number count?

Still on 3  :-[

@Komo: mini-hitler is my 2nd name  ;D
Just trying to look at it from the other POV. I understand you dont feel like playing games for balls-sake though. The guys at TUS want to see these games finished though, that's why the % is influenced by unfinished games in old cups.. and you're encouraged to try and finish those.