Forums
April 25, 2024, 11:20 PM

Author Topic: [Classic] Elite Cup: How it will work  (Read 4848 times)

Offline Rioter

[Classic] Elite Cup: How it will work
« on: January 19, 2009, 07:40 PM »
Right then.

{{Update is below + On my latest post}}

As explained before, we will be starting the first Classic Cup, which is Elite;D

Now it is important that you please read this first, before signing up. This will a) make my job easier - b) make MonkeyIsland's job easier and c) you are less likely to get your head nagged by me.

I have tried to make this as clear as possible. If you want to give me suggestions, then I am happy to accept them.

-Signups-
To sign up, please post in the registration post 'Yes I want to sign up' etc. There will be a maximum of 64 players.
I will delete spam.

-Group Stages-
To begin with, there will be group stages (just like old TuT). This will involve groups of four players playing each.

These games are bo3 / Best out of three. When reporting you report ' Player X won 2-1 against Player Y' or however, as long as it's clear. What you score is then what goes on the table (So Player X gains 2 points, Player Y gains 1 point).

Only the person who gets the most points will proceed to the next round (knockout stages). Sorry but if there is 64 players, there's too many really. If a lot of people moan then I might reconsider.

-Knockout Stages-

I will write this up at a later stage

-Reporting Your Games-
This is how it will work. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

Once set up, there will be a forum where you can post your results. (Again like TuT).

When submitting the results, you or your opponent must attach your replay files! This will serve for and other purposes.
If you do NOT attach the replay, I will badger you once. After that I will just not acknowledge your game. Sorry to be harsh, but sometimes it has to be done.

The scores will then be added up and so on, depending what stage you are at.

Apart from that, enjoy   ::)

UPDATE: The scheme being used will be the one on the league system. Any complaints post here
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 08:18 PM by Rioter »

Offline Ray

Re: [Classic] Elite Cup: How it will work
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 05:16 AM »
I hoped there was going to be some nice coding trick so no need to mess with forum...
I guess this is the future yet ;P

Offline SPW

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 01:10 PM »
It would be great that all games in any TuS Cup will count for the single ladder too. Just think about it ;) But in case of best of three only one win vs each oppenent (similar to intermediate reports).

Offline Ray

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 07:41 PM »
Nah, that would not be good and I tell you why:
There are some people (like me for example...) who do not have a lotta time to play. Thats why I cannot compete in the leagues seriously. So if the Cups count separately then these people have chance to win something. I hope you got me cus im tired and even I dont rly follow what I am saying lol.

Offline Big Billy

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 09:11 PM »
hehe. Elite.
NEVER!

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 04:36 PM »
what happens if the top players of group are tied on points?

Offline Rok

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 05:10 PM »
Then u'd probably count only the score gained in matches played between the players whos scores are tied. It's unlikely to have 3 or more players scored the same amount of points since games are bo3. It can happen tho.
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Koras

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 01:33 PM »
64 players sound really cool BUT pls visit this site http://theultimatetourney.tk/
and check what happend with 2 elite cups because of inactivity of some players :(
I hope MOD will be very strict :D

Offline chakkman

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 02:07 PM »
Yep, will be hard to get this stay active with 32 players, but 64...

Offline Rok

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 02:59 PM »
Not to mention that we will wait a month before 64 players sign in  ???

chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Albino

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 04:17 PM »
Nah,36 people registered in 3 days,it will not hard that.

Offline Rioter

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 04:29 PM »
With people who are inactive, unless they have a good reason or tell us in advance, they will be put on a "Greylist" similar to what we had to come up with on TuS. I will set a deadline for all games.

With the player's I am sure we will reach 64.

Offline Albino

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 08:58 PM »
Yea,set a deadline,imo people should be lost when they didn't play their games until the deadline.And don't give more time them to play these games.

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 10:03 PM »
yeah thats the best way to do it, theres always people who dont end up playing their matches and hold the cup up

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 10:22 PM »
Make some announcment in ag