Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:41 PM

Author Topic: Cups Points  (Read 2884 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Cups Points
« on: November 06, 2009, 08:44 PM »
  • Each win give the winner 5 points and takes 5 points from loser points.
  • If you want to specify your winner by bo3 or bo5 or any other pattern, And you need each game of those to be counted individually, Then ask your cup members to report each game individually. System will give each win 5 points.
  • If you want to specify your winner by bo3 or bo5 or any other pattern, And you only need to know the result of those games, Then ask your cup members to report with multiple replays at once. System will give 5 points only.
  • Gold, Silver, Bronze medal in the cups with less than 8 groups will give: 20, 15, 10 points.
  • Gold, Silver, Bronze medal in the cups with 8 or more groups will give: 40, 30, 20 points.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 07:09 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ray

Re: Cups Points
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 01:37 AM »
I am sorry, but this is totally unacceptable in my opinion. The whole concept of Cups should be separated into two totally different parts:

1.) Private Cups: anyone can host any Cup with any restriction.

2.) Official TUS Cups: Cups hosted by the TUS staff.

Only the official Cups should reward in any points.

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 02:02 AM »
I agree with the original setup. Although the 5 points for each games seems a bit much. A single bo5-game could win or lose you more points than a total tourney win in a private cup.

Would be cool also to determine the number of points for a tourney result by adding up the ranks of the participants.. or even the number of participants. Winning a rope tourney of 32 seems worthy of more points than an 8-player one with just noobs in it.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 04:33 AM »
@Ray,

We have 3 standings: Public, Private and overall. However hosting a public cup only by TUS staff and letting others host their private cups is not a bad idea. I'll think about it.

@HHC,
It depends how we determine the bo5. If the mod, Only cares about the winner, Then the winner can report all 5 games in one shot and gain 5 points.
If the result is important like, 3-2. Then the winner reported 3 times and the loser reports 2 times. Winner gains 3 * 15 and loses 2 * 15. 5 points overall, Same for the loser. He loses 5 points.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.