Forums
May 11, 2024, 08:55 AM

Author Topic: Ad for Cups  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Ray

Ad for Cups
« on: November 25, 2009, 12:01 PM »
I think there should be a little advertisement for the Cups, and not because of the lack of activity, because there is no such thing, but for people who would want to watch the final of Public Cups. I did not even know that the T17 Cup ended...

Idea: there should be some thin line saying something like: Dmitry vs. HHC in T17 Cup final! Also, if a Cup finishes, something like this: Dmitry gets the gold, HHC was good for a silver in T17 Cup!

Just to let people know that a Cup finished and also that the final is coming, some people might be interested in watching them so they could get in touch with the participants. :)

Re: Ad for Cups
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 12:29 PM »
Maybe News section at the main page. Something easy to write with acces for some choosen ones. Not only about the cups, but important things related to TUS or even WA with a possibility to comment. For sure there are some people who could take care about this one.
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline HHC

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 01:03 PM »
Dmitry gets the gold, HHC was good for a silver in T17 Cup!

Rub it in :(

I got a shiny medal on my cups profile now though, awesome!  8)

Offline Crazy

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 03:04 PM »
Lol bart  :D you did surprisingly well if you ask me, this is your 1st or 2nd cup after your "comeback" and you reach the final, impressive :o then again, you`ve always been damn good in team17  :-[ Anyway, I agree with both ray and lacoste, making the cups more visible and so on would be nice  :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 03:24 PM »
I just modified TUS home page today. Now we have announcement archive and latest posts on the site.

As lacoste asked, you can post your comments in both sections topic.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 05:11 PM »
Well, i was thinking about something like separate topics at forums. Every news could have own topic for comments + the choosen ones could write their own announcements from own sources (imo thats too much for 1 mod). Thats a good solution since i dunno if there is any good site with news board around, TUS seems to be the center of WA community.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 05:12 PM by lacoste »
<Ramone> we're just nicknames
<Ramone> isn't that sad..

<Johnny`> !fart
* Johnny` has farted out 0 Scoville units.
<Johnny`> Sonova

My W:A related channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HighCostage

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 05:34 PM »
I made it like 1 topic per announcement. But I put all the previous announcements in one topic so that many topics do not confuse people.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.