Forums
March 29, 2024, 03:22 PM

Author Topic: Knockout phase - how to do random pairings?  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Sensei

Knockout phase - how to do random pairings?
« on: January 14, 2016, 07:56 PM »
Is it possible to do random pairings in knockouts like the one we have in group phase?
This way you can calculate to finish 1st or 2nd, to have yourselfa an easier opponent in knockouts.
I'm not saying ppl would do that, but it leaves them an option.

Quite annoying, imo.

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Knockout phase - how to do random pairings?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 08:34 PM »
Not possible yet. But maybe in future :)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 08:40 PM »
wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the seeding from groups phase?  it pairs a #1 with an opposing #2 from another group, so getting rewarded for playing well, seems like it works more often than not.  For example, in new years cup, if you had beaten HHC in new years cup, you would be a #1 seed and wouldn't have to face another #1 seed (komo).

Offline Sensei

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 08:46 PM »
wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the seeding from groups phase?  it pairs a #1 with an opposing #2 from another group, so getting rewarded for playing well, seems like it works more often than not.  For example, in new years cup, if you had beaten HHC in new years cup, you would be a #1 seed and wouldn't have to face another #1 seed (komo).

Hm, you didn't get it Wal. Ofc it should be #1 from one group paired with #2 from other group.

But I was asking is it possible to have randomization for groups in KO phase! Because it's always 1st and 2nd group, 3rd and 4th (if 16 players).. No way that #1 seed from 3rd group will play against #2 seed from 1st group.. That's kinda "buggy".

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 09:00 PM »

Hm, you didn't get it Wal. Ofc it should be #1 from one group paired with #2 from other group.

But I was asking is it possible to have randomization for groups in KO phase! Because it's always 1st and 2nd group, 3rd and 4th (if 16 players).. No way that #1 seed from 3rd group will play against #2 seed from 1st group.. That's kinda "buggy".
Oh okay I get you, yeah makes sense, a random #1 against a random #2.  From what I see system would have to change, all matchups would have to be set at same time, rather than advancing some players at a time, like MI said.  TUS 3.0 type stuff ;D

Offline Sensei

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 01:13 AM »
*bump*

Hope MI and the guys could do smth about this! (?)

Offline Hurz

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 03:17 AM »
advanced fifa