Forums > Cups and Tournaments General

Speed Cup Concept: Do you like it?

(1/3) > >>

Kradie:
We're almost at the 10th speed cup. So I am naturally wondering to those who has participated in one of these cups if they liked it? If so why? If not why? Observers of the cups are also welcomed to put in their thoughts too.

Questions that you could answer
- Was the deadline too strict?
- Did you feel too much pressure under the deadline?
- Was it difficult to find your opponents?
- Was the moderating to harsh?
- What could been done better?
- Overall thoughts on the Speed Cups?

As a host of these cups I will listen to your feedback and possible explore on them.

That's it for now.

Lupastic:
meaningless, pointless, idealess, too much spamming. + these schemes can be played in the leagues already

FoxHound:
I think the name "speed" cup is a bit strange to me. "Fast" cup sounds better, or maybe "Brief" cup, "Shortened" cup, I don't know. Playing Mole Shopper on a "speed" cup seems strange to me.

I think the quality of the cup gameplay is worse with so much pression and substitutions, and as Lupastic said, most if not all schemes played on these cups can be played on leagues. Leagues don't need scheduling and time zone awareness to be played, and players can keep playing because they want, not because the mod is pressuring.

The cups that I play are mostly creative schemes, alternative game modes, or inovative ideas. I didn't play the Wheel of Fortune cup, but it's a very nice idea. Those "speed" cups are more of your actions on TUS: Quantity over quality. That's all you do here: numbers, quantity, and poor quality most of the times.

Free:
I like it, brings activity

Korydex:
I hate cups in general but I like this concept because atleast it doesn't last months/years as most of the other ones

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version