Forums
March 29, 2024, 12:17 PM

Author Topic: TUS Cups Concept  (Read 3601 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

TUS Cups Concept
« on: November 05, 2009, 05:10 PM »
Hi :)

I coded this part with my little experience I had with cups from before. As you know cups in this community mostly were 'forum-base' and a lot of times the cup would get messy cause of people not being around to play their games and of course handling forum base cups is a lot of trouble.

So here are TUS Cups!!
With our new system, We can have 2 kind of cups:

• Public Cups

This is exactly the cup that you know from the past. A public cup is open to all people. Everybody can join this cup and play. In the cups recent page, You see type of cups with an 'Unlock' image next to their name.
    An example of public cup is the elite (or hysteria) cup we previously had on our forum.
    Not everybody can host a public cups, Because handling them is so hard. You sure can ask for one. But we are not planning to host many public cups at once since they'll get totally out of hand.
    There can be only 10 public cups open at any time - if more cups have been requested, they must wait their turn.
    There can be only 1 public cup of a certain scheme open at any time - we don't want 5 russian roulette cups to hold up elite, hysteria, roper, shopper etcetera (and vice versa)

• Private Cups

Ok, As the name says, Not everybody can join this cups. It's probably the most important thing about TUS Cups.
    The history goes back, darkmaul told me about clans inner league. We all have seen clans getting more inactive (and dying). So I thought about giving clans some more activity by inner cup.
    But Private Cups went more than that and now it is possible to host private cups between variation of group, Even combined.

For example:
    • dP clan cup
    • CKC vs TaG cup
    • pp vs RoH vs CF cup
    • United States Team17 Cup
    • Germany vs Poland Cup
    • Only Spanish speakers Cup
    • BAN clan vs United kingdom Cup

Any number of combinations, Between any groups.
    Groups are defined: Clans, Communities and Countries.

Anybody can host a private cup. There's a 'lock' image next to their name in the cups recent page.

The minimum number of players to play a cup is 6 (2 groups, 3 players in each) and the max is 80 (16 groups, 5 people in each), Though max number can be easily increased.
* Although hosting cups need no rights, But all created cups needs to be approved first.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 06:02 PM by DarkOne »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
Re: TUS Cups Concept
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 10:34 PM »
I must say it looks quite f@#!in nice, gj on coding, MI. ;)
I wish we had had it before.

Offline beer

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 10:36 PM »
ya. cup is an awesome tool.realy gj

drama queen iz back

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 05:39 AM »
Glad you like it guys :)
Remember we appreciate ideas!!

van get more active!!
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 06:00 PM »
Just noticed I never posted something about this rule :)
At some point, we started using the rule that only 10 public cups can be open at any time - this means that if you're a slow cup player, you're making other people wait for their cup to start.

For the active cup players, this means you have the right to spam slow cup players to get their games done :)

Offline Wojtes

• Poland Poland
  • Let's the go, little gays!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 10:54 AM »
I think now i understand it better, well, but your point is, that there is no sense in starting any tus tournaments/cups?
Wojt3s