Forums
April 19, 2024, 02:56 PM

Author Topic: Twite Tournaments?  (Read 1002 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Twite Tournaments?
« on: November 09, 2017, 12:55 AM »
So possibly going to do the Elite version of Twyst.

The schedule will be Sundays starting between 5pm gmt and 7pm gmt, for 8 weeks.

Point system will be the same.

Bo1 for all games and Final Bo3(Bronze still Bo1).

I will only do this if someone else will be a co-commentator, someone who can commit to the same time for 8 weeks in a row, of course if an emergency happens there will be leeway.

Any volunteers, must have Discord and able to speak English well, and be experienced with Elite scheme and some history knowledge would be great, and not easily offended.

Online Sensei

Re: Twite Tournaments?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 01:24 AM »
Any volunteers, must have Discord and able to speak English well, and be experienced with Elite scheme and some history knowledge would be great, and not easily offended.

Nino, I think Komo is looking for one of your slaves.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 01:35 AM »
Oh, well then maybe I need someone who can't speak English at all so we don't know wtf is going on with each other, doesn't even have a mic so that's pointless, doesn't even know wtf Elite is and only started playing WA next week, and gets angry if I so much as say hello.

Amazing useful input at usual Sensei.

What on Earth was I thinking asking for a professional quality and experienced/reliable co-host...

Online Sensei

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 01:39 AM »
Amazing useful input at usual Sensei.

You know it babe!

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 02:38 AM »
ill do it when i can, but with my job there is no way i can commit to 8 weeks in a row at the same time, just wont be possible.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 02:48 AM »
Yeah that's not good enough wally, but not your problem lol I'll either find someone or I won't lol.

Offline Hurz

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 03:24 AM »
reading stuff like this i sometimes think i DO need more life.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 04:22 AM »
Are you guys really complaining because I want to give Elite the attention it deserves?

Please, someone tell me in an appropriate manner, why it's such a bad thing to want to organize a professional event with someone who is reliable and has qualities that will help make it entertaining and good quality?

And you wonder why every passing year less and less people take this game seriously?

I will be supplying cash prizes out my own pocket, trying to set myself up to be reliable along with someone else, to do something I honestly thought was great for the community, and that's bad???

This is a sad day....

Offline Hurz

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 05:01 AM »
sry was moody

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 10:08 AM »
Twilite (Twilight). :D

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline xSniperx

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 10:29 AM »
i'll comentate dave.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 11:28 AM »
Hysteria is the most popular scheme and Twyst tournaments proved it. However it gets boring after a while, especially for allrounders. Some of the elitist players and oldschoolers wouldn't play it at all.
Elite is probably the second most popular on TUS. It's truly a classic scheme and it would be more interesting than Hyst for older and eminent part of the community. So "Twite" tourneys would work quite well for sure. But it would also be players from the certain circle of community mostly playing it. That circle is in a smaller number than the Hyst one.
So I think that changing schemes and co-hosts as often as possible is for the best. This way we would be able to cover whole our community and make it great again!