Forums > Cups and Tournaments General

Wheel of Fortune Cup - Ideas for upgrade

<< < (6/6)

Lancelot:

--- Quote from: Lupastic on September 24, 2023, 09:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Zalo the moler on September 24, 2023, 09:27 PM ---Wasn't the idea behind the cup to force people to play the schemes that they would have never played otherwise? I would keep things the way they are right now. Maybe if the Player A doesn't want to play one scheme, he can voice his veto right away on the Twitch stream. There will be 3 extra schemes to draw, and from those 3 schemes, it is the opponent (Player B), who will later choose the scheme more favourable for him. Since at first glance, changing the scheme wouldn't pay off, only the most desperate players would reject them.

--- End quote ---

^ that's right, forget that idea Lancy. just collect a nice amount of 40-50 schemes again for #2 cup and mix them all, like you did in #1 cup. just maybe instead of adding an overall bo1 for player 1 and player 2, give'em the chance to play bo3 (for 3 different schemes) in group stage too

--- End quote ---

The point is that I want to count the points in each group fairly.
If I sacrifice a few schemes for this that the players are unlikely to notice, nothing bad will happen  :)

Lancelot:
My dream is to see 24 or 32 players in the next WoF Cup  :-*

Zalo the moler:

--- Quote from: Lancelot on September 24, 2023, 09:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: Lupastic on September 24, 2023, 09:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Zalo the moler on September 24, 2023, 09:27 PM ---Wasn't the idea behind the cup to force people to play the schemes that they would have never played otherwise? I would keep things the way they are right now. Maybe if the Player A doesn't want to play one scheme, he can voice his veto right away on the Twitch stream. There will be 3 extra schemes to draw, and from those 3 schemes, it is the opponent (Player B), who will later choose the scheme more favourable for him. Since at first glance, changing the scheme wouldn't pay off, only the most desperate players would reject them.

--- End quote ---

^ that's right, forget that idea Lancy. just collect a nice amount of 40-50 schemes again for #2 cup and mix them all, like you did in #1 cup. just maybe instead of adding an overall bo1 for player 1 and player 2, give'em the chance to play bo3 (for 3 different schemes) in group stage too

--- End quote ---

The point is that I want to count the points in each group fairly.
If I sacrifice a few schemes for this that the players are unlikely to notice, nothing bad will happen  :)

--- End quote ---

Bro! just count the won matches only. Don't count the won rounds at all. Or else we will end up in these strange situations where 3 people in a group have 1 win + 1 loss, and the last guy who won a match can't celebrate, because he won his match 2:1, and therefore it's a bitter victory, because by the end of the day he let somebody else win 1 round, and that will automatically eliminate him from the cup... it shouldn't be like that. Schemes will never be equal to each other. 2:1 in Elite shouldn't be worse for the winner than 2:0 in Mine Surfing. Please count only matches and not rounds. Keep all of the schemes! We have had many cups on TUS that were played only via matches. If somebody won as many matches as another person, those people were fighting again against each other.

Lancelot:
Well, I might try that next time. Noticed.

Lancelot:
Let me briefly summarize the above.

1. I increase the number of schemes in the next WoF cup.
2. I make the number of victories and the number of worms in the team according to the rules of the scheme for groups and K/O.
3. I’m waiting for the league’s schemes to be updated (if this does not happen, I make copies of the schemes, add the missing rules to the description of the schemes, and also adapt the schemes to the latest version of worms armageddon).
4. I will try to ask Komito to help draw lots for the next cup  :-*
5. As for any new or specific functions for the draw, they will not be available because they are not needed.
6. I will also remove the ability to spin the wheel again (roll again bro) - this is a pointless thing and it takes time
7. Before the start of the draw for the group round, three “colorless” schemes will be selected randomly, which will be used in controversial situations (for example: when two or three players have an equal number of victories and cannot be distributed in personal meetings).
8. I’m making new medals and trying to make this cup even better, with your help, of course :)

As for proposals for new schemes, as well as for medals, I will be glad to see in PM or here

Peace.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version