Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:04 AM

Author Topic: Hosting Buddy skeleton?  (Read 914 times)

Offline zippeurfou

Hosting Buddy skeleton?
« on: August 28, 2014, 02:10 AM »
Hi Guys,
I once spoke with CS month ago and he was told me that he was ok to give us a skeleton of HB. He just needed to do it. After speaking with some of you, I came to the conclusion that lot of us would be interested in it.
Therefore if you guys would be kind enough to remind him (I'm never on irc since my linux computer run out of charger..). I think we could come up with a group and make our own hosting buddy on github and add extra function together. Of course you don't have to do it if you don't want to but I believe this could be a great project for us to work together. It's also very scalable and would allow us to give contribution the pace we want to.
Please let me know.

Offline Tomi

Re: Hosting Buddy skeleton?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 11:03 AM »
It would be cool if the programmers here would work together to make some useful changes to this game. CS and DC are working on something, but nobody really knows what are they doing, but I am sure if they would accept some help from us then we could make wa much more stable and more modern. I am sure that there are tasks that they could give us to make it. But maybe T17 wouldn't accept that, but who cares :D

So what I would like to say that we should work together yea.. If I will have time I'll try to help in this project. And this weekend I will release Great Snooper on github too.. maybe it can be useful for some people too.

Ps.: I don't really get what you mean with that linux irc thing, but this client is free and really good for windows: http://www.silverex.org I use it too and now I got used that when I start snooper I start this too :D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 11:07 AM by Tomi »

Offline zippeurfou

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 01:50 PM »
I used to have my server on linux and irc on it. And just ssh on it to check irc. Even if I was not often on the worms channel  hehe. Reason is I don't keep this computer on all  the time :).
I don't think we should help for the 'game' itself because the learning curve is long and I don't think they need our help to be honest. Nevertheless, coming with a very good fork of hostingbuddy that would allow extra feature is something where the community would be better off.

Offline zippeurfou

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 10:20 PM »
Just spoke with CS. He is definitely ok to release it. Only thing is that he is quite busy lately. If you guys are interested in taking part of this project please tell him so. Therefore, he can see it's not only me ;)