Forums
April 25, 2024, 10:02 PM

Author Topic: PX Darts maps  (Read 2732 times)

PX Darts maps
« on: June 28, 2013, 09:52 PM »
Hi guys. Lot of time in Darts takes placing worms on start. 8 worms is pretty much for simgle player even. But for multyplayer games and specially for dS tours it pretty awful amount of time. The best way to save our time - adopt maps to PX stuff.
But before i start to explain how to do that, i will have to say that PX maps can be played in non-PX games. I mean they can be still loaded as regular maps for regular gameplay. online or offline.
So..
To make simplest PX Darts map remix (which is worms autoplacement) you need follow few simple steps:
1. Open map in PX Map editor
2. In map editor window open map you want to adopt (ctrl+O hehe)
3. Set spawning point on map. To do that need follow few simple steps:
3.1 open dialog box Script->Libraries (Ctrl+L) and select "editorsobj.pxl" and click OK
3.2 on left panel, select Object Type "SpawnPoint" and click "Create"
3.3 drag appeared "worm" into place on map you want to be make spawning point
3.4 set parameters of placed "SpawnPoint" object: "FromWorm" set to 1 (default), "ToWorm" set to 8 (also default), "OffsetPerWorm" set to 0 (default is 20, its a distance between worms when they placed", "Team" set to 0 (default)
4. Save your map into new place or with new name, or replace existing. Map will still works as original map for non-px gameplay and it still available to be opened in any image editors like photoshop, paint etc. Its besically regular .png file just with additional parameters inside file, that reads only by PX. BTW, when you host this map (for example PNG info is 1 MB, PX stuff is 500KB, so filesize is 1.5MB), if game you hosting isn`t PX one, players on lobby recieve only 1MB. PX stuff doesnt sending. Same with HostingBuddy. When you load it from wmdb, if its regular game, PX stuff won`t transfer.
5. Host a game and disable "Teleport Placement" in scheme, or make additional REGULAR (not px) scheme with that option OFF. Otherwise PX will not place your worms on the point you`ve set in map editor.
6. Make sure PX scheme option isn`t "OFF", but choose "default" to work with regular W:A scheme.
7. Enjoy your map and saved time :P

P.S. if you need to install ProjectX, follow these steps:
1. Make sure you have Worms:Armageddon 3.6.31 installed and WormKit aswell. If you don`t, you can install it on separate folder, other then your latest 3.7.x.x.
2. go to ProjectX official website main page and download latest stable version (0.8.0 nowadays) and extract archive content into you W:A_3.6.31 root folder (e.g. C:\Games\Worms Armageddon)
3. Once you unpacked your archive, you PX does NOT ready to be used. You must update it using PXUpdater.exe, which is located into your W:A root folder.
4. Once it`s updated - you ready to use it, launching worms trough WormKit.
p.p.s. sometimes additional setting changing into PX.ini requires for best PX gaming results.

P.P.P.S. To get PX work best for you, need configure PX.ini, located into W:A root folder.
here is parameters, that works best for me:
  • GameLogging=1 (you can set this to 0, coz its for debugging, for scripters)
  • Windowed=0
  • AAState=0 (AntiAliasing, 1 = 2x, 2 = 4x, 3 = 8x)
  • VSync=0
  • TripleBuffering=0
  • Framelimit=0
  • BackBuffers=1
You can change any of those to get best results for your system.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:11 AM by PyroMan »

Re: PX Darts maps
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 09:54 PM »
and here is first map with that feature, which is current challenge map (Darts Mania by Scorpus)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 10:58 PM »
Awesome, thanks very much Pyro ! I really hope you can enjoy Darts again some day with us :)

Also, how do I install/use PX? I cannot wait to try this !!!

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 11:01 PM »
copy-paste it to your folder with 3.6.31 version of W:A
run updater and wait till it download all px stuff
and run wormkit thats all

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 11:16 PM »
Awesome, thanks very much Pyro ! I really hope you can enjoy Darts again some day with us :)

Also, how do I install/use PX? I cannot wait to try this !!!
Urw, Komito
I`ve posted PX installation guide info into first message

Offline Alien

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 01:50 AM »
nice pyro, thank you so much mate !
i will try it as soon as possible. :D

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 01:51 AM »
Ah, don't bother Alien, pyro has actually done something even better for us :) Wait and it'll be posted tomorrow or next day :)

Offline Alien

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 01:53 AM »
oh yeah, sounds really good ! surprise me :D

Offline Alien

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 03:25 AM »
okay pyro, i have tried it and it worked only with 1 team.
when i add another team it just don't work.

i have created team 1 and team 2 spawn points,
both teams from worm 1 to worm 8 and offsetperworm 0.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 04:58 AM »
Hey Pyro, that link you gave me doesn't work mate :'(

It says I have to type in some key or something, like a password...

"To receive access to information by key you can use the form below. "

Can you send me a PM with the key on TuS please?

Offline Hurz

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 07:15 AM »
now i need to decide if i try this with old lagging pc where i still got old update or if i go back in version on laptop :)

awesome effort, ty so much pyro :) if we get this common and working ppl wont be afraid of the teleing anymore and more ppl will enjoy darts :)

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 10:02 AM »
hmmm okay guys let me make some tests and i`ll answer soon, today.
im pretty sure, Komito, link is okay. i`ve checked it. But i`ll PM you anyway

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 10:27 AM »
okay, i have tested and i have to make some conclutions and propositions:
1. autoplacement works for 1 team only (actually for 8 worms only) on small maps like those that i posted @message2. When you have >10 worms on such a small map, W:A reads that as "not enough space" for autplacement and forces "placemet" to be active.
Solution: write a small script, that can be attached to Darts map or PXScheme (i think to Map is better, then you need less adjusting stuff, like selecting special PX Schemes) and how those script will work, i have two ideas:
a) most simple: you host a game and set only 1 worm per team (or whatever, mb 3.., but not 8, just enough to let W:A think there is enough space to place all those worms around) and when game begings, my script can resurrect all rest worms of your team and place on starting place.
b) use only one worm per team, but make a conters, when reaching "targets zone" on map, counter of "tryes" increases and when it reaches "8" - stops and informs player by sending text into chat or locking ability to shoot rope, etc.
2. I can simplify the way how Darts  works. I mean there is no need to set drill, fly with it from rope, then deactivate. i can make special area on map (easy settable from MapEditor) where worm end`s his turn when goes in. I mean you can simply make rope fly, but if you got into special area, worm get "turn end" and works same way as when you stop drilling.
i Could even make "sticky" worms, to avoid bouncies of the map, if target is horizontal. As soon as worm touches target landscape area - he fully stops.and sticks in place.
I could even make "automatic scores table", but it will take more time for preparing PX Darts map in map editor. You will have to specify areas on map and set value of points in parametrs. So when worm stops there, script checks if it stays inside some of that are and checks how much points it has, then summs it into team`s scores and draws on table, that i can make and place it on top-left corner of player`s individual screen, which also can be switchable.
Also some other things like visualization also available, special effects, sounds when you hit BullsEye, etc.. all that can be done, but its details, that have to be done after main basic thing done.

The question is.. do we really need that? Will we use that?

Offline Husk

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 01:18 PM »
2. I can simplify the way how Darts  works. I mean there is no need to set drill, fly with it from rope, then deactivate. i can make special area on map (easy settable from MapEditor) where worm end`s his turn when goes in. I mean you can simply make rope fly, but if you got into special area, worm get "turn end" and works same way as when you stop drilling.

atm it requires skill to time ur drill and getting off of it, so this would take that skill part of the scheme away.

other than that, many good ideas =)

Offline Hurz

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2013, 01:38 PM »

atm it requires skill to time ur drill and getting off of it, so this would take that skill part of the scheme away.

other than that, many good ideas =)

ye, i use closing drill for aiming pretty often to readjust bad timed throws :D