Forums
April 19, 2024, 05:51 PM

Author Topic: PX Darts maps  (Read 2725 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Re: PX Darts maps
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 08:08 PM »
Pyroman, are you saying, your idea "a)" is that, we start game with 1 worm per team, and when the game begins, there will magically be 16 worms in total, 8 per team on start position?

You can make this script? This sounds perfect man...

I also, REALLY like the idea of sticky worms, so they stick to exactly where they land, this would solve the problem of "rolls" & "rebounds" completely, making it MUCH more skilled/competitive !

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2013, 12:47 AM »
alright, worms resurrecting and placing on position is pretty simple script. I`ve made it, tested it with various amount of teams, even with 6 teams, and it works just brilliant.
The only problem - i can`t read name of not existing worms. So i had to name them "worm #" where is # - number of worm in arrangement same as turn going (from 1 to 8).
I didnt relate names to Darts, coz maybe this lib could be useful in other schemes. So names are general for all.

What is also implemented - applying same amount HP, as you setup in Game Host for specific teams or for all.

Now im working on zones that will stop worm immidietly when it hits the target and sticks there.
But others didnt really liked this idea, Komite. How about save both abilities? If you fly like usual rope-fly, stickness will be applyed. If you fly with drill - stickness will be applyed only when drill is turned off and worm touches ground on target zone. What do you guys think?

when i`ll finish that, i`ll post a map with those abilities + will attach new libs that you need to make it work :)

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2013, 12:50 AM »
forgot to say, you dont need to set only 1 worm per team when hosting a game. any amount is okay. even 3 is ok, if not much players. Script reads how many worms you have, how many worms you need and creates only necessary ones.

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2013, 02:10 AM »
Okay guys, try these maps. Stickness added there. If you use drill - its not applying. If you not use drill - its applying.
Also you dont need select low gravity. It`s turned on forever :)

i`ve tested 6 teams with 1 worm on SiD`s map - i have to say that W:A thinks that its too much worms for such a small map :) so placement turns on. But good news, that you need to place only those 1 worm of each team. Rest scripted worms already on their places. So its still saves a lot of time.

to make it work, you need place "p_8_worms.pxl" and "p_stickness_zone.xpl" into your W:A/Libs folder. When mixing maps - simply "check in" them in Script->Libraries in map editor and create "StickyZone" and specify area where it should work.
Anyway, anytime you can open following maps in Map Editor and find out how they configured. It`s best way to learn smth

* p_8_worms.pxl (0.67 kB - downloaded 57 times.)

* p_stickness_zone.pxl (3.59 kB - downloaded 55 times.)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 07:30 AM by PyroMan »

Offline Hurz

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2013, 02:29 AM »
cool.
i havent found time so far to test anything of your stuff cuz i play on different pc atm and im struggling with keyboard issues. but seems your building the bright shining future of darts :)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2013, 07:59 AM »
How about save both abilities? If you fly like usual rope-fly, stickness will be applyed. If you fly with drill - stickness will be applyed only when drill is turned off and worm touches ground on target zone. What do you guys think?

I really really REALLY f@#!ing LOVE this idea !!!!!!!

This is awesome ! I am gonna download and test this stuff right away, very nice work Pyro !!!

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2013, 06:50 AM »
I have added additional info about configuring you PX to try make it work nicer and smoother. Info posted at the end of first message.