Forums > dt

my astro photos

<< < (2/6) > >>

Sensei:
I'm stealing "Crescent Moon and Venus" to use as a background. Ty. Great stuff.

barman:
Thanks guys! More photos 8)

The Moon and the International Space Station. ISS is the largest man-made object ever put in space, with a size of 100x100 meters. It orbits the Earth at a speed of 27600 km/h. At the time this video was taken, it was about 650 kilometers away from me. Recorded at 120 fps, played back at 0.25x speed.

Crescent Moon. A color-enhanced version, similar to the first photo from the previous post.

Daytime Moon. Apart from the Sun, the Moon is the only astronomical object bright enough to be easily seen during the day.

The Sun. Our star is so bright that it literally burns anything you focus its light on within seconds. In order to take a photo of the Sun, it's required to use a special filter which reduces the light intensity by a factor of a few thousand.

NGC 4565. Like the one from the previous post, this is a spiral galaxy. The difference is that we can observe it from the side. As you can see, spiral galaxies are as flat as pancakes.

Star trails. Yet another photo taken during my stay at Teide Observatory last year.

Triad:
Really nice photos. :)

AduN:
wow

barman:
This one's from yesterday :)
International Space Station passing in front of the Sun, recorded at 570 FPS, played back at 60 FPS (9.5 times slower)

Real time version: https://gfycat.com/ScaryBrightFruitbat

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version