Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:21 AM

Author Topic: Who already got the shot?  (Read 5463 times)

Offline nino

Re: Who already got the shot?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2021, 02:47 PM »
hauhauhuah ok!!!!!!!!!!!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Squirminator2k

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2021, 04:13 PM »
The simplest way to deal with the Nazi is to ignore them.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2021, 04:16 PM »
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2021, 09:57 PM »
After my scheme Flat Earth Apocalypse which was based on Flat Earth Society, now I think I need to create a scheme about Vaccines based on negationists too, the anti-science people (they use smartphones to propagate fake news and are against vaccines, difficult to believe this world we live...). Maybe I'd use Longbow and Healthcrates in the scheme.

Vaccines are the most powerful tool medicine has ever developed lol. This powerful tool exists and works since the end of XVIII century and beginning of XIX century, it is sad that we still need to explain this to people.

Here in Brazil we have a religious leader called Valdemiro Santiago that is always with a cowboy hat that was in television selling beans that would magically cure people from COVID19. The price of each bean is 183,50 USD. People prefer to believe in their faith on these magical beans (paying) than the vaccines (free).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 10:25 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2021, 10:57 PM »
Kradie, can you stop having opinions on medical topics? I don't think I've ever read more bullshit about my line of work. It's interesting that you chastise people about being afraid about a disease that is still filling up hospitals, but then you won't take the vaccine because you are afraid because of a few cases. I know Norway wasn't hit that hard, but you should learn how statistics work.
I'm glad to see other opinions in here about the vaccinations, though.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2021, 02:10 AM »
I got the moderna shot early on in January since I work in health care.  Works good, no government conspiracy, and more importantly, no covid! 

Offline Squirminator2k

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2021, 05:04 AM »
Couldn't have said it better myself.
I was talking about you, you baffling hateful space whale.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2021, 05:49 AM »
Kradie, can you stop having opinions on medical topics? I don't think I've ever read more bullshit about my line of work. It's interesting that you chastise people about being afraid about a disease that is still filling up hospitals, but then you won't take the vaccine because you are afraid because of a few cases. I know Norway wasn't hit that hard, but you should learn how statistics work.
I'm glad to see other opinions in here about the vaccinations, though.
I can understand that my opinion may seem scary to some, because it doesn't fit the mainstream narrative. But I think, it is healthy to have an open mind on whatever topic there may be. If a person is to be dislodged from a conversation, how can we as a community have an open discussion?  Thought policing shouldn't be encouraged, it would only enforce an ideal world, where everyone are sheep. Think Orwell's 1984.

It is a medical discussion indeed, but Covid-19 affects everyone,, that includes everyone here on Worms and real life. Do you think I want to be right about what I say? Things that I say is based on observation in society, discussion, and independent research.  I could be entirely wrong, and I certainly wish I am wrong. I don't want people to suffer and pass away. Do you think this gives me joy and superiority? All I am trying to do, is to share my opinion based on accumulated knowledge through other sources and experience. I think everyone has the right to choose what to believe in. You may think what I say is dangerous, have you thought what I think about what other say to me?

If you truly want me to stop partaking in covid related discussion, I will. It's not really a fun discussion anyway.

I just hope, we all can agree that this pandemic sucks.

Best of luck to everyone, I mean it.

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2021, 07:59 AM »
If you don't want to be right about the medical side of your argument, then I have good news for you!
You are way off the mark.

Policing is not a medical issue. Worldwide, there are some worrying things going on, for sure. The temporary restrictions due to covid are not one of them imo. They will go away once people get their vaccinations.

Offline Squirminator2k

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2021, 05:11 PM »
 “The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett

Offline philie

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2021, 09:15 PM »
a disease that is still filling up hospitals

german media says the same thing.
but if you look at german hospital statistics, you find out: they are not filling up with covid patients and there's way to go for them to be overloaded.
in fact, germany closed 20 hospitals last year.
how could that be possible during a pandemic?

i dont know really bout the situation in netherlands though.

to "validate" my opinion for D1: i work in health care.

and to answer ninos question:
i had the chance to get the vaccine (<- health care).
but there's no f@#!in way i'll take that voluntarily.

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2021, 11:17 PM »
to "validate" my opinion for D1: i work in health care.

To "validate" your opinion to me, you just need to be right 😀
I know Germany has less cases than the Netherlands, my countrymen aren't great with following guidelines.
We have about 1150 ICU beds here, 814 of them are occupied by people with covid currently (or rather, a lot of people here are rather shit at it).
25÷ of ICU beds occupied in germany atm, which is not nearly the percentage we have here, but it still can limit the amount of regular emergencies hospitals can handle.

I had the AstraZenica vaccine myself (first dose). Millions of people were vaccinated with it and the amount of serious complications is around a hundred-ish. In Norway, 5 people got thrombosis after 135,000 people had their vaccination. The odds here are slightly higher than the lifetime risk of being struck by lightning.
Daily covid death toll in germany is about 200, quite steady recently.
These numbers are all quite readily available to anyone, no need to work in the medical field for that.

Offline Squirminator2k

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2021, 01:34 AM »
Idiots during the pandemic: "You can't make me wear a mask! You can't make me stay indoors! I'm not going to live my life in fear!"

Idiots after a vaccine is widely available: "You can't make me take the vaccine! You can't make me get the shot! I'm afraid!"

I mean, honestly. If you're going to be daft, at least be consistent.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2021, 06:43 AM »
If you don't want to be right about the medical side of your argument, then I have good news for you!
You are way off the mark.

Policing is not a medical issue. Worldwide, there are some worrying things going on, for sure. The temporary restrictions due to covid are not one of them imo. They will go away once people get their vaccinations.

I respectfully disagree with you.

I believe policing & restriction is an issue, a human right one in fact. You are basically forced to take the vaccine in order to lift the restriction. Does who haven't, will be seen as carriers of biological hazards. Is this the reality we are heading to? Sorting society?  Can you as an individual stand idle by and accept this?`

There will be plenty of new variations and waves of this virus. Therefore, plenty of new version of vaccines will be introduced. You will be told the death rate is going down, and that venues will gradually open, particularly to the vaccinated. Later on, you will be told that a new mutation and wave has come. So better apply yourself and follow the draconian guidelines. Because this won't end anytime soon.

As time moves on, covid pass will branch out to other digital mediums; bank, paypal, visa, passport, and so on. It would be basically a digital/biological passport. Why not get a chip in your neck then? Does this sound far fetched? Crazy? Misinformation? Conspiracy Theory? People laughed at me when I talked about covid passports a year ago. Who is laughing now? Are you willing to sacrifice your bodily sovereignty in the name of false sense of security? 

But I am not without sympathy though. I can understand why ordinary people conform, they might think that there's no other choice. They need their jobs, their income, status, a purpose. Otherwise, they would be ostracized. It is quite scary to be left out, truly. These people who conform, they are in reality victims of greed and corruption.

Plenty are in isolation, as result; mental instability comes to play. People get lonely, turn to alcohol, families can turn dysfunctional, and so on. This pandemic, is pretty evil and inhumane if you ask me.

Let's face it, this pandemic is not meant to end anytime soon. It is quite profiting in the pharmaceutical department. Think war profiteering, it is basically like that. The endless wars, the war on terror, I think this could eventually end, and be replaced with the current pandemic.

I am going to be bold and wager, that in the future where most have been vaccinated, people will have to pay for vaccines in order rank themselves up. Think China's Social Credit System. Is this what we want? A neo-feudalism if you will. 

RESIST!

Offline nino

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2021, 12:12 PM »
Of course noone wanted to pass for this pandemic shit, but if not with vaccines, what would be the other way to loses less lifes by the time?

thats the point too.

and porra phillie take it aeeeeeeeee
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.