Forums
April 16, 2024, 10:08 PM

Author Topic: EAC site down  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Ray

EAC site down
« on: July 07, 2013, 06:26 PM »
The site has some server problems I think, I can't really open it. Pinging it shows and average of 3 of 4 packets lost. :-X Now I can't predict, what if the site is not up until the end of the matchday and I miss the predictions because of that?

Offline Random00

Re: EAC site down
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 06:55 PM »
anyone who hasnt predicted yet on the site, can do so by sending me a PM

edit: Though site works for me as of right now. (19 GMT)

Offline Ray

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 07:09 PM »
Yea, I managed to put my predictions down as well, but the site times out regularly due to loss of connection to the database.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 09:28 PM »
i got the same errors today as well

Offline Random00

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 06:27 AM »
ye, the servers are running slow as hell. It's nothing that I can influence at the moment, though :/

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 03:55 AM »
Guys, I couldn't find a better place to ask this, but is there a way for us unwashed heathens who aren't in ea to post game comments on the EAC website? I thought I was just being dumb at first and couldn't find where to register, but now that I've taken a closer look, I don't think the option is there!

Offline SPW

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 09:17 AM »
thats true, krd. It only allows ea member to sign-up. But thats not a fault, we did that on purpose.  :)

Offline Random00

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 10:07 AM »
Guys, I couldn't find a better place to ask this, but is there a way for us unwashed heathens who aren't in ea to post game comments on the EAC website? I thought I was just being dumb at first and couldn't find where to register, but now that I've taken a closer look, I don't think the option is there!

It isn't possible to write comments for non registered members, because
1. it can be easily abused by bots without further security
2. further security would complicate posting comments for users
3. I didn't think anyone not in ea would visit the site  ;D

But, now that I see my 3rd argument is invalid, I will think of a way to make it happen asap :)

Offline Casso

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 10:59 AM »

True, I would have liked to comment several times too. To solve the problem of bots you could set the registration with confirmation of Admins but probably the game isn't worth the candle because, as you already said, almost nobody not in ea would comment...

Offline Ray

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 12:13 PM »
Actually, what I had in mind was that it would be fun to have the predictions open for anyone as well, which - again - would require non-ea members to be able to create an account. Maybe next year's championship?

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 10:17 PM »
Agreed, that'd be lovely for next year. I'm not in a hurry or anything, though!

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 10:37 AM »
Exclusivity for the game comments, haha