Forums
March 29, 2024, 01:45 PM

Author Topic: For Devilage  (Read 3243 times)

Offline Breeze

For Devilage
« on: October 02, 2012, 07:02 AM »
Hey all,

Just wanted to strike up some conversation RE elite.  I seem to have struck a nerve with devilage when I called him a boring player.
It comes off as offensive, but in no way did I mean it too be.

What I wanted to find out, is there any elite players that are unique? Play aggressive and take risks.  Lately it's like I've been playing robots that play 100% identical to each other.  Years ago elite used to be way different, people made different decisions etc.  I know the game changes and it has evolved since I've been gone.

But what I mean by all this is, maps are identical, positions are always the same.  Rather than try to plop a worm someone will SG or battle axe.  Girder machines etc.

I hope this makes sense, please discuss!  I tend to think of myself as a riskier player, maybe its why I lose more than others, but over all I feel if I play a very robotic elite I can compete with most players easily!! :)

Offline Free

Re: For Devilage
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 07:54 AM »

Offline Crazy

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 08:28 AM »
I get your point here Breeze, I've felt the same way from time to time. Many players seem to play in the exact same way with identical tactics and what not, but then again, there are some players that are significant better then "the rest" in this scheme.

I agree that Elite used to be played different years ago, but at the same time the scheme was much different back then. Luck has been removed completely out of the scheme and you have to play with less risk involved in order to win in my opinion. Maps were edited really identical for a period here on TUS, but more players are using unedited maps for a change now and that's helped some!

There's a few players having a more agressive and tactical approach to the scheme, such as Free as an example. Still, he uses SG and girders cause otherwise he wouldn't be able to win any games ;p

Offline Breeze

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 08:55 AM »
I watched that the other day Free. Was enjoyable to watch for once.

I get your point here Breeze, I've felt the same way from time to time. Many players seem to play in the exact same way with identical tactics and what not, but then again, there are some players that are significant better then "the rest" in this scheme.

I agree that Elite used to be played different years ago, but at the same time the scheme was much different back then. Luck has been removed completely out of the scheme and you have to play with less risk involved in order to win in my opinion. Maps were edited really identical for a period here on TUS, but more players are using unedited maps for a change now and that's helped some!

There's a few players having a more agressive and tactical approach to the scheme, such as Free as an example. Still, he uses SG and girders cause otherwise he wouldn't be able to win any games ;p

Yeah years ago you had crates, I f@#!ing loved that and still do.  I think it makes for a far more entertaining game!!
No one plays on cavern maps anymore either. :(  I'm not so sure I agree significantly better than the others, but I've been away for ages lol.

Yet to see anyone take risks in a game against me!

Waiting for more input from players. :)

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 09:02 AM »
lol free, your elite replay becomes more annoying than maciej's fr video xD every1 watched it already... 1000th post ftw!

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline Crazy

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 09:10 AM »
Haha yeah, Free's been wanking off to his own replay for quite some time now :D

Edit: Liberty was back and tryed making cavern maps popular again in Elite, but he failed

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 09:24 AM »
Blame maps for games being too linear and repetetive.

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 01:03 PM »
Well the way I see it breeze is that we play elite more like a chess game now. There is a 0 luck symptom in the last year of worms. It's like god of worms came and said that we should eradicate luck from worms in league game lol.
You should have read all the discussion about  how we should remove T17 because it is not a league scheme because it involves too much luck.
What I find the most boring in my opinion is the way people play elite. It's like they need allll their focusing on the game and they can't take 15 seconds to speak to the other other than saying "hf" "n" "bl" "gg". I understand sometimes you just want to chill out and not speak so much but it's really often that people won't say a word during the game. soo boring...

Offline Camper

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 04:23 PM »
I always try to plop instead sg'ing / axe'ing ( Ages I don't win a game lol ) XD
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 04:26 PM by Camper »

Offline Free

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 06:05 PM »
lol free, your elite replay becomes more annoying than maciej's fr video xD every1 watched it already... 1000th post ftw!

How could I know he don't know!

+ It pwned.

Offline Devilage

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 09:26 PM »
Took me time to master the way I play elite now, I'm not the best, but I've improved a lot, a nice game it's when u don't make mistakes and u played flawless, maybe u think it's like robot playing, but it's the way me and much others enjoy this game nowdays. Don't blame us for taking less risks or playing by memory, there are lots of ways to play elite, dif tactics, like starting with an axe pile to ur opponent's first worm, but that doesn't mean ur a copycat or something, it's just the basic way to play this scheme, when u start mastering this game, seeing what ur opponent could do after u or before ur turn, has much brain involved, u said I'm a product of watching another elite players in the field, maybe I am, but u always put a little of ur own spark to the gameplay.

Smoking proud.

Offline SPW

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 10:00 PM »
Breeze, if you wanna see an aggressive guy playing Elite, then check replays from franz. Tactic, Ropeturns, Battleracing paired with a big aggressor factor. Many games with franz involved are worth to watch. :)

By the way. If you click on my banner below you have bunches of good Elite replays from today. I dont think its boring, nowadays people dont wanna do bad turns and try to do maximum value from each turn / weap. Its like "focus to excellence!". Earlier it was an atteribute from German Eliters. "Clowns" are almost extinct..

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2012, 04:03 PM »
indeed, just did eac with franz and he surprised me a few times with what he did, definitley not a boring player to play against

Offline Guaton

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012, 05:05 PM »
hbaha i always get kinda pissed when i play against franz

" wtf how didnt i think about it !? "

"wtf how did he know i was going to do that!?"

"no dont do that cmon i wanna hit u once... fu" xD

stupid and sensual elite  franz

Offline franz

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 05:16 PM »
lol