Forums > Files

Big Rope Race Generator (BRRG)

<< < (6/9) > >>

Kaleu:

--- Quote from: LilScrappy94 on August 22, 2020, 03:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kaleu on August 21, 2020, 07:44 PM ---Thanks so much for the update, that was the final touch to my JoJo themed configuration file!  ;D

https://i.imgur.com/Gjz09Ye.png?1

--- End quote ---

Very nice !

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I will try to make a collection of configuration files and upload them soon.  ;D

TheKomodo:
I have a question, i'm starting to use this program and beginning with default settings only changing the tunnel width(Cell Size).

The problem, I like to use cam lock while playing Big RR, when using a generated map it has a border at the top, which means the entire size is the size of the map, which throws the cam lock off whenever you are close to the edges of the map.

How can I generate maps so there is no border and cam lock will always work?

Edit - I made 96 maps from the generator so I went through them manually resizing the canvas area from 10000x5208 to 10240x5336, and now it works fine :)

However, it'd be nice to know how to do that without manually resizing things, is that possible inside the generator?

LEGi0N:

--- Quote from: TheKomodo on September 22, 2020, 04:26 PM ---I have a question, i'm starting to use this program and beginning with default settings only changing the tunnel width(Cell Size).

The problem, I like to use cam lock while playing Big RR, when using a generated map it has a border at the top, which means the entire size is the size of the map, which throws the cam lock off whenever you are close to the edges of the map.

How can I generate maps so there is no border and cam lock will always work?

Edit - I made 96 maps from the generator so I went through them manually resizing the canvas area from 10000x5208 to 10240x5336, and now it works fine :)

However, it'd be nice to know how to do that without manually resizing things, is that possible inside the generator?

--- End quote ---

It sounds like you're using an old BRRG version. The latest version should make maps which are detected as an island (no border at the top) in 3.8. Version 3.8 changed the way cavern/island auto-detection works, so if you're using an older BRRG version, it may generate maps which 3.8 detects as a cavern (border at the top).

The next BRRG version will have an option to explicitly select island or cavern, although I doubt many people will want to use cavern anyway.

TheKomodo:
Will it be possible to have diagonals?

Also, what about the possibility to completely randomize all the settings each time you generate? Basically a "Randomize" button?

LEGi0N:

--- Quote from: TheKomodo on October 08, 2020, 04:05 PM ---Will it be possible to have diagonals?

Also, what about the possibility to completely randomize all the settings each time you generate? Basically a "Randomize" button?

--- End quote ---

Both are on my "To Do" list, so will hopefully get to them at some point. I had thought about a "Randomize + Generate" button to do both in 1 step, so you can keep clicking until it gives you something that looks cool. The idea would be to make it use settings that work well with each other (complementary colours, etc.) and are within sensible ranges, although it might be tricky since people's preferences about what makes a good map will vary.

Regarding the next version, I just need to finish a new feature and add all of the new options to the GUI and configuration manager. It should be released within 1-2 weeks. I'll add a list of the highest priority ideas to the first post around that time as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version